Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

More on the PS05!

Got this from a reliable source:
Finally the new car is not nearly as radical as that publishing company would have you believe, heavily sculpted, owing a lot to the Ferrari and Renault but not the ‘radical’ machine you’ve been told about. Still, it pulls in the punters.

Comments

• Thanks Fox. This falls more in line with Zsolt's words about the car.
  • Zsolt has seen the PS05 ??????:o

When has he last been to the factory ??
  • Isn;t punters a bad word? Well at least not that great?
  • Thank God. I would be seriously worried if Minardi went radical. Best to stick with the tried and tested. Ultra narrow, ultra low rear end and heavily sculpt the sidepods.
  • You see I'd rather go the other way.

If you are really radical you could be ahead of the game, in aerodynacis at least.

By copying the others you end up one step behind as they will end up evolving by the end of the season anyway. We won't get that chance.

Remember we can't go backwards.
  • I'm with you Manni I too would like to see some radical idea on the new car. We live in hope!
  • i want to join too the"wewantarealradicalMinardithisyears club"
    this is the only way forward...
  • Isn;t punters a bad word? Well at least not that great?
    No, 'punters' just refers to the general public.
  • [quote]Isn;t punters a bad word? Well at least not that great?
    No, 'punters' just refers to the general public. [/quote]

and presumably potential sponsors.

Is this part of the 2005 aero???
  • What, that graffitti?
  • The "flip up" looks new to me ( is it new, or an old design )
  • the car didn't seem to be new

Is this part of the 2005 aero???
    Hell no. That's 2001 aero!
  • Thank God. I would be seriously worried if Minardi went radical. Best to stick with the tried and tested. Ultra narrow, ultra low rear end and heavily sculpt the sidepods.
    I don't agree.

I know I might get some angry by saying this. But if you're likely to be last on the grid. Wouldn't taking a gamble be great? I mean Minardi could be renewing and set a trend. I'm no expert on Minardi, but I don't think it would be the first time they would have done such a thing. Would it?
  • No, it would not be the first time.

Minardi was the first team to use a titanium cast gearbox.
    Untill it was proven to be reliable in a Minardi during 1 season, the other teams (Read: TOIT) didn't start copying !!!!
  • You see I'd rather go the other way.

If you are really radical you could be ahead of the game, in aerodynacis at least.

By copying the others you end up one step behind as they will end up evolving by the end of the season anyway. We won't get that chance.

Remember we can't go backwards.
    Spot on. It is the ONLY way Minardi will progress. I'm surprised Petrol of all people said no to a radical idea. The only reason I can think for him saying no, is cos he really thinks the team personnel at the moment are not capable of producing a radical concept of any benefit. I have my doubts too especially in the leadership within departments but hell thats how they prove to people like me that they ARE capable of developing worthwhile concepts....I say go for it.
    One english saying ' Faint heart never won fair maiden'

[Edited on 21/2/2005 by StoddieBasher]
  • Don't be surprised Matt. He just doesn't have your flair for mediocrity.
  • Ooo you can be so cutting at times....