Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Alfa Romeo

Check out Friesacher's home page (link in the links section), one of his sponsors is Alfa Romeo. Hmmm....(yes I know Alfa Romeo is part of Fiat and hence Ferrari but one can dream, no?)

Comments

• I put a question up about his sponsor list - could it be that in the future a rebadged Cossie ... no way. I'll stop now.

We neeed to do an analysys of the sponsors to see how we can support them as well as get our annual thanks you's out.

• I'll tell you one thing more. Fiat is planning to create a "luxury pole" putting together Maserati abd Alfa Romeo.
    maserati was set apart from ferrari and the 2 marks "will weork together" Luca said a couple of days ago.
    Minardi Maserati wouldn't be bad (dream on):hehe:
  • We will go back to our Italian roots, and what is more reliable than an Italian engine?

(Yours truly drives a FIAT Uno)
  • and what is more reliable than an Italian engine
    hehe, if temperatures stay conveniently above 20 degrees it's okay I guess
  • We will go back to our Italian roots, and what is more reliable than an Italian engine?

A fine vehicle, wish I still had mine.
  • What about Lancia? I thought this was the 'luxury pole' of Fiat...

About Italian engines: I am very, very happy with my 2.4 common rail JTD which also will be used by GM in the future.
  • I'm sad to say that I personally wrecked two Alfa engine's; one boxer and one of my Vintage Giulia. The one in my new GT has done 15.000 KM's and is still going strong...;)

BTW: Maserati is going to collaborate more stronly with Alfa Romeo.

[Edited on 17/2/2005 by Selespeed]
    Italian engine & reliable. There's an oxymoron for you. :hehe:

I'll take a German engine thanks.
  • quote:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    We will go back to our Italian roots, and what is more reliable than an Italian engine?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

We could use my Fiat Cinquecento engine we would save loads of money on fuel efficiency and its reliable i aint had a breakdown yet (touch wood)!
    Plus it hardly weighs anything but i think we could be slightly lacking on the horsepower front!
  • German engines are quite strong.
    I have a VW engine in my Seat Ibiza that has run 134.000km without any faillure !!!
  • Italian motors give you more bang for your bucks.

Fiat's "Fire" motor (in the Uno) was an excellent performer.

German motors are vastly over rated.

• Italian engine & reliable. There's an oxymoron for you. :hehe:

I'll take a German engine thanks.
    So thats why Opel/Vauxhall are putting an italian engine in their new Astra?
  • Fiat common rail is Turin's "jewel", GM is buyng them and many other constructos are interested.

And BTW my Punto is a very nice car.
  • Panda, Uno x3, Punto, Cinquecento Sporting x2, Alfa 33P4 etc. you can't beat FIAT group products at any level:cool:
  • Sauber are in talks with BMW, as are Red Bull.

Midland has been sounding out TOIT.

What are we doing?
  • What are we doing?
    Focussing on 2005 !!!!!!!!!
  • What about Renault?
  • They're french.
  • Minardus, stumbling from season to season is not doing us any favours, is it? What galls me is that Midland are on the blower to Todt as soon as there's a sniff that Sauber may split from TOIT.

Are we siding with GPWC (dangerous) or staying truly independent and taking up Bernie's better offer? If so, TOIT would HAVE to supply us.

[Edited on 17/2/2005 by viges]
  • They're french.
    Yeah, and they build engines. I don't think the relationship with Cossie will have a big future, so what for alternatives do we have? Maybe Renault, who knows.
  • I agree - if Cossie makes it more than a few years in F1 I will be surprised.
  • Has anyone looked into the 2006 V8 regs? I had a brief look and they seem very tightly controlled. Engines have to have the same mounting points to the chassis, same centre of gravity, same 'V' angle, same bore x stroke, etc. With that in mind, I dont see why Cosworth wouldnt continue in F1. Once the new engine is designed, it'll only need to be upgraded each year to tweak a few more ponies. You'll probably find it becomes an 'out of the box' motor, just like a DFV.
  • Provided they have the millions necessary for R&D prior to the first lump hitting the dyno.
  • Next years engine has already been designed. It's probably being tested now.
  • Probably a x gen prototype. With all of the changes over there I do not think that going full out was their plan. many lumps will have to blow and mods made to molds, valvetrain etc etc and that takes a dedicated R&D crew with the promise of customers at the end of the rainbow.
  • Fiat's "Fire" motor
    Ron bought the name to rebrand Mercedes engines for next season

EDIT: people stop dreaming on Alfa Romeo. They're a minor sponsor for Friesacher and nothing to do concerning motors for Minardi. Drones.

[Edited on 18/2/2005 by yokosuna]

I had a 1985 Uno about 10 years ago. It was an 'ok' car. But here is a serious question for you? What is more 'unreliable' than Italian car electrics??? :hehe:
  • haha. I remember an Italian lesson just after the Christmas break.
    My teacher said: Boy, in Italy it was so cold that my car refused to start in the morning

My reply: Are you driving a FIAT?

She: yes, what are you implying?

Me: Nothing, nothing just asking:hehe::hehe:

seriously though, as beautiful as they might be. whenever I was waiting for the tram in the morning (winter time) during my school days and I heard an asthmatic cough it was somebody trying to start a FIAT or a Lancia. :hehe: