Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

What goes around....comes around

Found this on the Atlas F1 web site.

http://www.atlasf1.com/news/printnews.php?id=15311

Just maybe "Fax votes" and their legality issue could come back and bite Patrick in the a$$............

murph

Comments

• Grrrrrrrrrrrr

Show up , keep up , shut up. We need to get back to that.
  • I haven't got an Atlas ID, but isit about this?
    (from Grandprix.com:)
    The granting of superlicences

The stories suggesting that Patrick Friesacher does not qualify for a Super Licence are totally erroneous. According to Article 5, Appendix L of the FIA Sporting Code Friesacher qualifies automatically for a super licence having been classified in the first four of the final classification of the FIA F3000 International Championship within the last two years. Friesacher ended 2004 in fourth place in the championship (he was also fifth in 2003).

There should however be questions about the two Jordan drivers and Christijan Albers who do not automatically qualify for Super Licences and have to go through a different process. According to the rules a Formula 1 Super Licence is issued by the Formula 1 Commission following a specific request and recommendation from the driver's national sporting authority, accompanied by a list of his results. If a driver does not automatically qualify there are "exceptional circumstances" in which a driver might be judged suitable by the Bureau of the Formula 1 Commission so long as he has driven at least 300km in a current F1 car at racing speeds, over a maximum period of 2 days.

The Permanent Bureau is made up of FIA President Max Mosley, F1 boss Bernie Ecclestone, Ferrari's Jean Todt and McLaren's Ron Dennis. Should the members of the Bureau not agree unanimously, the Commission in its entirety will be consulted. The need to grant superlicences might result in the need to call a Formula 1 Commission, something which appears to have been avoided by some parties in recent months. There have in the past been fax votes on such matters but it seems that recently there has been a question over whether fax votes are legal as apparently they are not mentioned in the Concorde Agreement.

As a result of this we would expect all super licences will be granted without too much trouble.
  • Well, PS doesn't see this as a big issue
    :D
    http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=23530

"He qualifies automatically, it doesn't require a fax vote of the Commission, in fact I don't remember the last time there was a fax vote of the Commission for a driver's superlicence, and I can certainly say that there was not one last year. Therefore, whoever's put that story out is totally incorrect.

• would have thought so, what a weird little story they sucked out of their fingers there!
  • The legality issue wasn't it being via fax. It was that Max said if he didn't recieve a fax by the deadline he'll asume you agree to the proposals.