Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

EJ's Excuse

Read an article in the Sunday Newspaer in which Eddie Jordan explains why he sold his team. In short he blames everything on the Manufacturers. What a cop out!!
What the manufacturers have done is make it less easy for you to get away with doin a SHIT job.
There is absolutely no excuse for an independent team buildind a crap chassis. Thats what killed Jordan. That an some dubious investments.
Every year since 2000 Jorand have had a sequentially worse chassis. With the end result that each successive year more pressure was put on the team to produce a better car.
Don't forget that after 1999 EJ saw fit to buy his new jet and Yahct rather than invest in the teams infrastructure. The same plight befell Prost. They never recovered from the disastrous 98 car, ( designed by Bigois, btw).
Lets hope the same 4 year cycle does not befall Minardi. God knows the 03 and 04 cars were shitboxes. Since then we have lost our reputation for producing neat tidy chassis on a small budget.

Comments

• PS before Viges gets the wip out. I apologise for the typos!
  • My spider-sense is tingling. Is the sawbones preparing to shift targets from Minardi to Jordan in anticipation of them being at the back of the grid??
  • It's whip.

See me in my study.
  • I think actually Petrolhead and not Minardi is losing reputation. What happened to the serious, neat techie comments?
    Simon teach him what's discipline.:spank:

EDIT: corrected my typo to avoid punishment

[Edited on 21/2/2005 by yokosuna]
  • So Yoko you think the 03 and 04 cars were good. Once you get n the slippery slope, you're looking at a lag time of anything up to 18 months to correct it. And thats assuming you still have the technical expertise on site.
    Remember
    F1 success = Technical expertise + ( money ) squared.
    That succinct enough for ya?
  • I don't see what the problem is there, or the big shock. What did you Petrol expect EJ to say? "You know, I had to sold the team because I'm not up to the job, I'm crap, full of bullshit, have always hired the wrong people " etc? C'mon...
    He has to protect his image somehow at the moment and if that means telling some white lies, so be it.
    I think the truth, as always, probably lies somewhere in the middle.
    Jordan have built crappy cars after 1999 but the manufacturers aren't saint either. How many false promises have we heard from them in recent years about the desire to help the independents more?
  • So Yoko you think the 03 and 04 cars were good. Once you get n the slippery slope, you're looking at a lag time of anything up to 18 months to correct it. And thats assuming you still have the technical expertise on site.
    Remember
    F1 success = Technical expertise + ( money ) squared.
    That succinct enough for ya?
    [tradionalist]It sounds more old-school. Better [/traditionalist]

I know last judases suck, but also williams and maccas. And I don't see Ron or Frank selling their arses out. IMHO Judas is out cause his lost free Honda engine supplying to BAR, despite outperforming Pollock and getting Sato. Then it was a slow constant decline and some wrong decisions to help.