Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Superfund on Jordan/MidlandF1

Comments

• I don't get it. We have an austrian driver and the austrian sponsor is leaving us. That's insane!

[blind speculation]Or is it true that there is no more place on the engine-cover because of the radical wings....[/blind speculation]
  • an Austrian driver is leaving us? :confused:
    Norb Seidler tested once for us, at Vallelunga, with several other dudes who rented some time in the car. And from what I can recall of the times from the test, even if he is ours to lose, we're not losing much...
    Re/Max has sponsored Jordan for years, Panda..
    I can honestly say this is the first time I've identified the Re/Max logo on their car.

No doubt it may have been there between 2000-2002 where the cars had about three hundered different companies names and logos cramped onto their car.

[Edited on 26/2/2005 by FlyingPanda]
  • Read it again Panda. He said an Austrian sponsor is leaving.
  • From what i hear last year Superfund were very happy with sponsoring Minardi and they even upped their sponsorship, I cannot for the life of me understand why they would go to Midland for less exposure. I'm waiting to see for sure that they are not on the PS05 in Melbourne and are'nt just expanding their sponsorship to another team.
  • Read it again Panda. He said an Austrian sponsor is leaving.
    Indeed.
    I also took it to mean that the Austrian driver was leaving aswell.

who designed this stupid language anyway, the Welsh? :P
  • [quote]Steve - how's Jos taking his retirement?
    Jos is still negotiating for a seat in cart and hopes to bring some good news soon. [/quote]

:hehe:
  • ^LOL, and Quig's too.

I'm with Matt on this one (:o ) Why are we sure Superfund is gone? We've got an austrian driver+ superfund has sponsored many cars in the past. Same as Muermans: they're persona sponsor of Doornbos, but team sponsor of Minardi. You can be both or not.
  • http://www.superfund.de/de/sponsorList.asp

There is still the pic of the Minardi, but Minardi is not on the list any more.... :mad: :( :o
  • [quote][quote]Steve - how's Jos taking his retirement?
    Jos is still negotiating for a seat in cart and hopes to bring some good news soon. [/quote]

:hehe: [/quote]

what's so funny about that??

Champcar is a great series.
  • *What's so funny about that?*

It sure as hell aint F1, is it Steve. TDW's F1 days are OVER! :hehe:
  • awwww don't kick a guy when he's down!
  • *What's so funny about that?*

It sure as hell aint F1, is it Steve. TDW's F1 days are OVER! :hehe:
    Yeah, because he did'nt want to drive in the back of the field anymore(Minardi), he could have taken a Minardi seat if he wanted to, but he wants to race up front again.
  • So what you're saying is that no one other than Minardi was interested enough to sign him? Even with money? They took Karthikeyan and Monteiro ahead of TDW at Jordan..... sensing something here Steve?

If he was really under consideration why wouldn't he give Minardi a go - new car this year, rookies in the Jordan, powerful current-generation engine from the 4th race :confused:

And if he's no longer interested in driving as a potential backmarker in F1 why the hell didn't he bugger off to Cart last year? :o :rolleyes: Was Huub expecting a call from Ron Dennis?

Do you charge admission Steve? The comedy value here is priceless. :hehe:

• From what i hear last year Superfund were very happy with sponsoring Minardi and they even upped their sponsorship, I cannot for the life of me understand why they would go to Midland for less exposure. I'm waiting to see for sure that they are not on the PS05 in Melbourne and are'nt just expanding their sponsorship to another team.
    Maybe Jordan just asked less for the same exposure on the car :hehe:

Oh btw, I still support Jos. And I think he did a hell of a job by managing to drive F1 for 7 seasons. Especially because of the damage he did to his own carreer when he started driving for Benetton in 94 ;)

Perhaps he has better luck in the US. I certainly hope so.

[Edited on 27/2/2005 by Stan]
  • Maybe Jordan just asked less for the same exposure on the car
    Check the pics Stan.
    AtMinardi they had the wholceenginecover, at Jordan they only have a mediam sized logo.
  • CART sucks people. It truly does. Have you guys watched them on the TV? They handle like junk on all but ovals and the series love of street circuits is miserable.

• http://www.superfund.de/de/sponsorList.asp

There is still the pic of the Minardi, but Minardi is not on the list any more....
    I actually looked at the site some weeks ago and it was there.

I am afraid to say they have gone!

Shame but you get that!! We need to be better at keeping our sponsors and not losing them to 2nd rate teams like Midlands.
  • Let's hope we signed a 3rd driver that brings along some more sponsors.
  • My tip is larger space on the Minardi and Norbert for 3rd driver
    Norbert Haug ??

If Superfund really has left Minardi we'll need some quick superfundraising........ This looks bad :(:(
  • How does it look bad? GCM told us what the budget for 2005 is in his exclusive interview, and that would have been with Superfund gone!
  • Where was Superfund on the PS04b?

And what radical design element of the PS05 will make it impossable to display a sponsor on it?
  • And now Jordan/Midland also stole our annual Koala sightseeing experience :
    http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=23636
  • ^Thieves. Pay copywright royalties to Minardi :spank:
  • Now we know Midland is broke - only the poorest of Teams pull the old koala stunt for PR.
  • Melbourne must be a pretty boring place if the only place that they take race drivers to do PR is at the zoo.....ESPECIALLY if it has been done before!
  • CART sucks people. It truly does. Have you guys watched them on the TV? They handle like junk on all but ovals and the series love of street circuits is miserable.
    Et tu, Brute? I thought you were on my side!

Betrayed by the benevolent dictator...
  • Compared to what it used to be - and that is even before the IRL wars - it has gone steadily downhill. It needs fixin' and fast. There will be a race just a few miles from my work this year - the San Jose Grand Prix. I have no idea if I will even give it a second thought to go unless I start seeing some changes.

• Melbourne must be a pretty boring place if the only place that they take race drivers to do PR is at the zoo.....ESPECIALLY if it has been done before!
    Can't argue with that.

The GP really should be a Sydney street circuit event incorporating the SHBridge imho. Imagine the beaut camera shots with the Opera House in the background.

Track on one side of bridge, grandstand on the other.. *dreams* :)
  • Compared to what it used to be - and that is even before the IRL wars - it has gone steadily downhill. It needs fixin' and fast. There will be a race just a few miles from my work this year - the San Jose Grand Prix. I have no idea if I will even give it a second thought to go unless I start seeing some changes.
    OK, fair enough- Champ Car, or CART, or whatever the hell they end up calling the formula a decade from now, may never regain the heights it reached during the early-to-mid 90's.

Saying that it's still going downhill, however, might be wide of the mark; the new owners have managed to stop the financial bleeding of the last few years, and though I loathe the fact that we've become a 'spec' series, there's still time in the coming years to find manufacturers interested in being involved with the series. If you simply hate the cars they run, then blaming the split has nothing to do with it, as the "IndyCar" formula always involved the wide-track, big-tires-in-the-rear, heavy turbo cars we see today.

And let's not forget that unless Champ Car co-owner Kalkhoven stepped in to buy Cosworth, our F1 team might be without an engine at the moment. To that point, things can't be all that bad if we're talking about Cosworth having one of the most potent engines on the F1 grid, funded with what is essentially CART money...