Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Toit allows Minardi to race the old car

123457»

Comments

• Remember that the 107% rule is no longer enforced.

Under the GPWC Australia (mainly Albert Park) would not have a Grand Prix, as Ron Walker (chairman of the AGPC) is a strong supporter of BE and very anti-GPWC. So, should (and i'm hoping it does) the GPWC form and become a reality, it'll be Ron Walker pleading on hands and knee's for their forgiveness.
  • Lease I have no doubts over the Primacy of an Australian Court ruling. The recent decision over an Injured Rugby League player in the Australian Court is a case in question. That decision has been accepted as a landmark ruling in the UK.
    The problem is when sport ends up in Court the problems start, remember the Butch Reynolds case?
    As for Moseley's comments. One would have thought a QC would make a better fist of it.
  • Na, ya missed me.

It is not jurisdiction that I'm concerned about. It is not even the apropriateness of seeking redress via commercial law in order to circumvent the proper authority.

I do not agree with the methods used by Paul, but then, I'm not in possession of his facts either.

No, it is the gob-stopping gaul of Max Mosely to put forward a threat against a legal system. Judas Priest, just who do these folks think they are? This isn't the first time either. The FIA is a sporting body that is invited by general concensus to rule over international motorsport. To make threats against a 'country', because its laws don't suit the FIA's view of itself is just...............sorry out of adjectives.
  • The FIA always rule with an iron fist and a few teams are getting tired of it.

With regards to laws, Sennas trial, the smoking legistlation and now this are proof that they like to be above law.

If PS takes the FIA to court then the GPWC will benefit greatly. I can't see any other winners.
  • Yes, you have a good point. As My limited knowledge of the law. Sine the FIA is a defacto Tribunal it should be Governed by Administrative law. Your point on Commercial law seems valid. But as Stoddart sought advice from lawyers and this is the direction they sought, what do I know.
    I hope for the sake of the team, that Stoddart finds some adequate funding. I'd be happy with an extra $10 llion a year. That way if it all gets dirty at least the team should be insulated. Well thats my take for what its worth.mi
  • Balestre or Mosley, the FIA has always taken the FIFA and IOC line on primacy - elected governments are chickenshit and if you don't like our show and the zillions it generates, we'll take it elsewhere. Sell that to your 'citizens'.

Not that I agree with that arrogance, of course ...
  • I can only agree with Lease. Of course it's hard to analyse it deeper while none of us have (I believe) seen the text of Stoddard's application, nor the text of the judge's ruling, but the FIA's statement in response to the restraining order was simply intolerable.
    The purported surprise at Australian's jurisprudence powers is a mere smokescreen to camouflage the usual Mosley reaction to any challenge to his/FIA's authority. Patrick Head had it absolutely spot-on in his recent remarks about Max's methods. Let us not forget that Max has always been the champion of the FIA's self-allocated exemption from the laws (both national and international) that govern the rest of us.
    I'm tired of changing rules one season after another. Zero continuity. Too bad Stoddart surrendered so early after firing the opening salvo and winning the opening battle... But he had no choice I suppose.
    As for now I'm prepared to sit this out for the time being - there is a lot more going on I believe, than we mere mortals here are aware of. It's far from being fully played out.

PS: Undoubtedly Stoddart has lost some credibility last weekend but you know what? It's one of the reasons I like the guy. With him we as fanatics of F1 have been able to learn more about the business side of F1 than ever before....the challenges he makes to Max and Bernie have forced them to come out publically with a lot more information than they ever had before. Love him or hate him, he sure is entertaining and educational! Just like Jos ;)
  • They seem to work ok and nothing fell off of them and were tested in both wet and dry...
    They did NOT work 'ok'. You only had to watch the twitchiness in the on-board shots of the boys during second qualifying to see that these were ill-handling bastards, even moreso than last year.

Stoddart didn't want to send the boys out and have them embarrassed, but that's what ended up happening. The Jordans were pulling away from us at a good rate of knots.
  • Minardi were not embarassed, they raced a legal untried car. Jordan were embarrassed. That car have been tested in 05 spec. Now if only could get their 05 car on track before Imola....
  • Costs too much, Petrol (transport).
    believe the cars will be flown directly from OZ to Sepang and after that directly to Bahrein !!!
  • How do you figure that Jordan were embarassed?

They were 2.2 off the Renault's laptimes, we were just on 7 seconds. I thought Jordan did a very credible job when you take into account they also had 2 rookie drivers that possibly are not as 'rated' as our two guys. Put an experienced guy into one of those Jordans and maybe they are only 1.7 down.....

Why am I sitting here defending Jordan? :hehe:

The PS05 had better be a quantum leap ahead of the PS04B - try 5 seconds a lap quicker at Albert Park - or many of us will have been guilty of talking out of our arses in the season predictions thread. :o

[Edited on 7/3/2005 by MinardiP1]
  • I was not at the race but looking at the TV pics the Jordan looked a handful. We should see where they really are at the abrasive permanent road course of Sepang.
  • To make threats against a 'country', because its laws don't suit the FIA's view of itself is just...............sorry out of adjectives.
    Rumsfeldseque?:o