Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

The Battle is over

2»

Comments

• Massimo - pull us out of this mess.
  • Well, its been a long time coming. A sad day - how different from Albert Park '01 and '02.

For the time being, Lease, this IS about a diffusor. It wasn't TOIT which stopped Minardi, it was the race stewards and it is their decision for which Stoddie is seeking an injunction.

``It is the view of the stewards that it is inappropriate and
    unacceptable to alter the technical regulations with which all competitors
    comply in order to suit the individual needs and requirements of one
    competitor.

``It is the decision of the stewards that for the Minardi F1 team to
    participate further in the 2005 Australian Grand Prix, their cars must comply
    with all requirements of the 2005 FIA Formula One sport and technical
    regulations.''

Quite.
  • As it should be. Right is right. Rules are rules.

Honor.
  • Honor and F1 don't mix. Honor and motor racing: maybe, but F1 is not motor racing any more.
  • The FIA stewards threw the car out. Reason: don't want to set a precedent.
  • Serves the guy right,it's all boiled down to politics,and it's blown up in his face!!!!
    What are the sponsors going to think when they read/see this farce,he's had the diffuser ready to go it seems yet didn't/wouldn't fit it,long gone are the days of the F1 minnow,try,try try, now it's double dealing,looking begging for loopholes,made us a laughing stock,stuff F!,stuff Minardi in this guise,I've followed this team for years but if what appears to be the truth is the truth I'm finished with them,what a way to go!!!
  • Shan't be on here for a few days so, remaining positive, I say FORZA MINARDI!

Let's get on track and, dear Stoddie, for once, shut up.
  • FORZA MINARDI!

Let's get on track and, dear Stoddie, for once, shut up.
    Well said viges. it seems the only way forward if we do have the parts put them on, race and shut up, if we don't................ we're fucked anyway and should shut up and concentrate on being able to race at Sepang if we can't at Albert Park.:spank:

Very sad:(:(
  • we don't have 2005 spec diffusers.

• Why are my toe nails so long?
    Filthy:spank:

I still think the cars will be for qualifying, but this stuff is turning into a soapopera, seriously damages tema's reputation for seriousness and profesionalism.
  • We can make some with a hacksaw and some gaffa tape!!!

heres one I made earlier.......... ;)
  • They can cut a current spec diffuser and alter it to 2005 spec. It will take some carbon repairs (something I know Ferrari are very very good at...I doubt they'd want to help however!) but it's possible.

The downside however would be it's untested and would slow us down dramatically, and should one side be slightly off compared to the other, the car would walk all over the road and be an absolute pig. But then again, it is the PS04B so not much would have changed!
  • I called it. I said the cars would be ready to race, and they ran in practice with the 2005 regulations. And, holy shit, they were faster then both Jordans. No testing with the 2005 regs, and we beat them already. No legal action needed, I said this was not unlike Paul to try and hold out and prove a point, but that he would fix it all in the end. See, I knew what was going on! You guys just weren't looking at it the right way, or maybe our American media was the only one reporting that Minardi had EVERYTHING needed to run the race. That would be kind of ironic though, considering F1 isn't really very popular here.

Enough gloating about being right, though. I'm just happy to see the cars on the track and beating the Jordans. Bring on quals!