Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Briscoe not to race for Jordan

It was reported on the weekend that Toyota test driver Ryan Briscoe would be undergoing a test for the Jordan Grand Prix team at Spain’s Jerez circuit this week, however it now appears as if the Australian driver has now pulled out of negotiations with the Silverstone based squad after failing to reach a successful conclusion.

“We will confirm drivers for the Jerez test in addition to Christijan Albers today or tomorrow,” a Jordan spokesperson told us, also confirming that Ryan was not past of their expected line up.

Jordan will be running Toyota engines next season and while the deal with the Japanese engine giant didn’t include taking Ryan into the team, it is strongly speculated that if they chose to do so, the financial benefits would have made it very worthwhile.

Further reports indicate that the young Aussie racer is now looking to the IRL to further his racing career.
This makes me think that Jordan don't need the additional money from Toyota...which means that the deal is done with Arden.

But what is even more interesting is that Christijan Albers is driving for Jordan at Jerez. So waht hope does he have of joining us at Minardi? Slim to none??

Comments

• My sources: The dumb little Yen whore has signed with Ganassi in the Earl
    :spank:
  • the IRL to further his racing career.
    that is an oxymoron.

I guess it fits, as Ryan is obviously a moron....

[Edited on 30/11/2004 by FlyingPanda]
  • News confirmed today, Briscoe will race in 2005 with Chip Ganassi in IRL. Still a Toyota engine, though.
  • About Jordan drives for 2005 (from Grandprix.com) :
    At the moment the question of drivers at Jordan remains open with the only man being mentioned openly being Robert Doornbos, although Jordan to believed to be asking the Dutchman for more than $9m for the drive. There is talk that Midland is keen to sign Mexico's Mario Dominguez in 2006, although presumably he will bring money as his Champ Car results do not suggest that he would be frontrunner in F1