Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

On Atlas, Baumgartner likely to stay!

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/cgi/NGoto/77938606?-2724 Did he find some money? Anyone willing to copy/paste the story?

Thanks.

Comments

• So we are gonna sign up the slowest man on the grid to drive the slowest car. grrrrrrrreat!
  • I read about it on f1total.com, GCM said that the sponsors of Baumgartner have a batter feeling now, because of the Cosworth-engines. But: He also said that they will use Ex-Jaguar-engines.... shall that mean that they are one year old :rolleyes:
  • So we are gonna sign up the slowest man on the grid to drive the slowest car. grrrrrrrreat
    yes, but we're trying 150 young drivers and we had an extraordinary auction and a very spectacular f1x2 days driving some rich men around and GCM went to uruguay and everyone is testing but us and we have no clue about the new chassis and there are a couple of new teams coming up in 2 years with fresh money and toyo choosed jordan to supply engines and last year we were a couple of seconds a lap slower than our so-called competitors....

...ehm, I need a little shot ofoptimism, where's Quig?
  • So we are gonna sign up the slowest man on the grid to drive the slowest car. grrrrrrrreat!
    At least he trys hard and was improving last year and it would give the team some consistant feedback.

If zsolt brings enough cash and we can pair him with someone quick, it might not be bad..............
  • Agreed - stop the revolving door!
  • He also said that they will use Ex-Jaguar-engines.... shall that mean that they are one year old :rolleyes:
    I thought that the contract was for the NEW designation Cosworth engines, that had been designed for Jag '05?
  • Yeah, I thought the same. I do hope GCM isn't right.

[Edited on 2/12/2004 by vuurmuur]
  • I hope he wanted to say "We will use the engines of the Ex-Jaguar-Team" (same as Red Bull) and f1total.com was wrong in the translation...
  • Forza Zsolt :D

(Fuck the haters :angel: )
  • ehehe clown.
    Zsolt may be slow, but we need money and some continuity. So, no bad if he stays.

I'm more interested in knowing something about the new car, cos even if we keep last year's gap, without it getting worse, it makes no different at all who drives the tortoise.
  • Optimism? I'm a little low on it now but I think I can spare a cup or two.

Look people, there are many things we don not know. Some things are in the works that are great but yet many questions remain.

What we do know is that we have the most dedicated and passionate Team of crafstmen and women as well as all of the cooks and office types - all the people that make Minardi MINARDI. They will build what Tilley designs and I for one have faith in Tilley. We can count on them giving 100% - but for them to do that we need to get behind them as we do every year and take every opportunity to support them and SHOW our support for them at races etc.

FORZA
  • I think Zsolt still is growing. And besides, he's a great guy. Things can only get better for Minardi and him.

On the other side, if Bruni stays (which I read was likely as well) it can only get worse for him. He already was starting to show a Jos like attitude when we got closer to the end of the season.....
  • I totaly agree with MCSF.

By the way: Stoddart said today that Power and Davidson will definitly not drive in 2005.
  • All I know is that with 2 new teams next year. This has to be the year we shine, otherwise we could be out the back door quicker than ...*pause* someone out the backdoor...*pause again* running??:spank:

Zsolt is the only guy I could trust to tell us if we are going the the right direction from this years car. The new regs have forced us to rede sign a new car. It will be late, but so will everyone's car!

• I agree we need continuity, but let's not start with Zsolt.
    Petrol, Minardi is going to have the slowest car. it matters not if we have Larry Grason driving!
    Zsolt is slow but it would be waste of a decent driver's chances of making it in F1 in the present Minardi cars. At least Webber and previous drivers before him had the odd occasion to mix it with the rest. At the moment the Minardi team are not going to be able to give the driver an opportunity to do that so I say put the crappy drivers in there until Minardi produce a machine worth of F1!
  • One word to get he car fast.."Brunner" at least he did it with our budget.
  • And he hasn't done shit since he went to Toyota either.

Matt, how can you be so sure?
  • At least Zsolt gets the car home and that what really matters sometimes especially for the points.
  • I'm not so sure that's how our points will have to come next year.
  • if Bruni stays (which I read was likely as well) it can only get worse for him. He already was starting to show a Jos like attitude when we got closer to the end of the season.....
    It seems that GCM said in the same article that Bruni was also invited to drive the F1x2 at Misano and HE REFUSED !!!!!
    This is NOT a good attitude !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:spank:
    All I know is that with 2 new teams next year.
    Manni, the new teams will not be on the grid next year. They will drive in 2006 !!!!!!
  • I read an article with Zsolt in a Hungarian newsp about his seat fitting for the new chassis, in that he says that without the livery painted on, the PS 05 could be taken for a TOIT.:o
  • Zsolt is allready doing a seat-fitting? If that's true, I think we can say that he is confirmed. But why is he allready doing it? PErhabs we will do some testing in the next weeks...:D
  • Seeing that Toyota ans Sauber have made cars that look like TOIT's and they are ahead of us, I see no problem in a TOIT clone. Anything is better than the stuff weve been using.
  • I don't see a problem either, but it would be great to see some pictures of the new one...
  • Well, these were the only few words in the article that were related to the new car, but at least it seems that something is really cooking in Faenza. The rest of the article is about Zsolt and Minardi, but I still wouldn't bet on him driving for us in 2005, although it has been stated that his sponsorship is in better state than last year at this time.
  • Do you have a link to the article?
  • What article are you getting the GCM quotes from?

Post the links or the text when you reference a story people!
  • Do you have a link to the article?
    It is on Zsolt's website also, I think, but it is Hungarian, unfortunately, if I have time this weeeekend, I'll translate it.
  • Also Finnish news state that GCM told to Autosprint magazine (never heard of) that Zsolt will continue to drive in the team. GCM says Zsolt did excellent work last season and his sponsors are interested to support him again. The deal might be announced before years end.

I'd say it's almost certain that Zsolt drives for us next season :)