Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

PSO5 at Imola

Comments

• Its not gaffa tape, its heat reflective tape to protect the suspension and other components

[Edited on 15/4/2005 by Ste]
  • Yep, shields the bodywork and suspension from the heat of the engine and headers. You'll see lots of it on the underside of engine covers.
  • Notice...and I don't know if there is a strategy behind it - that there are no pictures of the nose anywhere?????

Is this where the real surprise will be????
  • In the high res shot from the rear, you can see the paint on the pit lane underneath the nose... it's either walrusy or it's a high design, similar to the PS04B.

• That said, I've seen pictures of new tub moulds being made, so I'm certain that the design is new.
    I hope you're right, the bargeboard on the PS05 is exactly the same as the one used on the PS04 in Malaysia and also the frontsuspension looks exactly he same. New made yes, new designed no.
    The first Minardi is the PS04, the second is the PS05http://img81.echo.cx/img81/6803/ps0405small3yt.jpg

[Edited on 15/4/2005 by vuurmuur]
  • Those barge boards are a recent design, I wouldn't put it past the team to have thrown it on the 04 while the 05 was being designed.

Can't tell anything from the suspension, except that the materials are the same.

Even a new laying of the old tub would be a big step up in weight savings.
  • Conspiricy Theory ??!!

Its strange just 4 photos
    no lap times
    204.5 km (about 39 laps by my calculation)

I'm guessing that the test was kept private, but the pictures have been officially released by Minardi.

Is the front of the car missing because its new and they want to keep a lid on it??? or is it just dull compared to the new sidepods??

I've been looking at the bulge on the right hand side - wouldn't an assymetrical engine cover would play havoc with the aero and handling?

Anyone else wondering if the pics have been 'shopped' ?
    is there still a radical engine cover waiting to be unveiled??

anyone else got any theories :p
  • Lap time was a 1:26.530, 4 and a half seconds off of the F2005.

I don't think Minardi would waste any time testing anything but the final specification..
  • Looks to me like the front end was done first and had time to be painted and all the rear stuff was the last minute things to be assembled.

The wierd bump in the engine cover looks like a few shadows merging with a mark or spot in the carbon fiber. I'm sure that the cover is smooth there and that is what our fellow board members will report back to us next week.

Also has Alber's ever driven at Mugello in anything? I know he hasn't in an F1 car until now. If not I think he did pretty well for his first time on the track and was definetely told not to brake the car so he didn't go as fast as he probably could have.

Forza Minardi!
    Forza PS05!

• I've been looking at the bulge on the right hand side - wouldn't an assymetrical engine cover would play havoc with the aero and handling?
    There is a bump, but it's looks like its on both sides, the angles and shadows hide it a bit, and there also seems to be more paint on the right side too, but there's a area of similar shape on the left.

There's also an interesting little bump no the bottom of the sidepods just in front of the wheel.
  • Now let's see this fucker FLY!
  • Great photos guys.

I am really looking forward to seeing the car in its final look at Imola.
  • Looking some more at the ass-end of this thing, it looks practically as tight as the F2005 in terms of the bodywork around the top of the gearbox and suspension. :o

I wonder if the new box is 6 or 7 speeds... Renault probably has a lot of the pit lane wondering if a 7th is really needed.

• Is the front of the car missing because its new and they want to keep a lid on it??? or is it just dull compared to the new sidepods??

I've been looking at the bulge on the right hand side - wouldn't an assymetrical engine cover would play havoc with the aero and handling?

Anyone else wondering if the pics have been 'shopped' ?
    is there still a radical engine cover waiting to be unveiled??

anyone else got any theories :p
    Excattly what I saw I think the engine cover may yet turn out to be the ace in the pack. It looks very temp to me. Somethings goi'n on thats for sure! :D
  • It's very clear to me now I've seen the 2 next to eachother: the PS05 has the same old cockpit(AGAIN!!!)
  • We'll see Steve.. we'll see..
  • Steve is a guy from the Verstappen forum who is mostly negative about Minardi and also ofcourse about Christijan Albers.
    He has also showed the picture above at the Verstappen forum and said that a another guy post it here, but he post it himself.
    What a sad dude you are Steve!:spank:

[Edited on 16/4/2005 by MinardiSquad]

• it does look similar but why is that bad? maybe this shape is just the best shape for a nose..?

it's a 2005 picture.. (raised frontwing etc.) so couldn't it be it's a 05 spec nose on the 04B?

and i know Steve.. wasn't he 'V-fan'? and wasn't he on the CA-forum as well? i don't mind, it's free world.. everyone is free to have his own opinions.. or to make an ass of himself..
  • Steve is a guy from the Verstappen forum who is mostly negative about Minardi and also ofcourse about Christijan Albers.
    He has also showed the picture above at the Verstappen forum and said that a another guy post it here, but he post it himself.
    What a sad dude you are Steve!:spank:

if you take some time to read the forums you can see vuurmuur posted that picture, people who make false acusations are very sad!!

[Edited on 16/4/2005 by Steve]
  • Ofcourse it's a freeworld:), no hard feelings to Steve (droppie)!
    And maybe he is wright about the front size of the car, there are no pictures yet of the nose and if you look at the picture from behing the car it seems that it is a new nose.
    We will see at Imola but i don't think as steve had said that it is a PS04 with a different engine cover and sidepods.
  • well, it really is.............
  • no 'ifs and or buts' for stevo... :hehe:
  • well, my eyes work fine and are not clouded by a love for Minardi............

it is all very clear, and that's probably also the reason that there are no pictures released of the front end of the car, because that part is'nt new.
  • well, my eyes work fine and are not clouded by a love for Minardi............

uh uh... and what if Jos was the one 'shaking down' this car? :rolleyes:

[Edited on 16/4/2005 by printscreen]
  • it would still be very clear, just look at the shape of the cockpit, the antenna's, the front suspension, the bargeboard, the wing end plate, all the same.
  • as i said before:
    it's a 2005 picture.. (raised frontwing etc.) so couldn't it be it's a 05 spec nose on the 04B?
    could be.. or not?
  • the only thing different on the 05 spec is that the wing is higher(the supports are shorter).
  • I'm sorry to be a fellow naysayer, but IAW Steve on this - that tub looks very PS04B to me. :(

I love the new rear end, but it seems to me that unless this car was really late and they've just mocked up some of it to give CA a little taste test (and frankly I can't see them spending money doing stuff like that), the front end right up to the sidepods is plain jane PS04B and thus already 4 years old.

That comparo pic makes it undeniable imho.

It's also pretty clear we have no front end pics for that very reason.

btw Steve, the mirrors are the same too - surely someone @ Minardi coulda read a copy of F1 Racing and just copied TOIT's? Someone care to have a look back and see if the mirrors are the same as in 02, 03 & 04?
  • I have to agree with Steve here. The front of the PS05 looks a little too much like the PS04b.
    Also in the PR from the team Albers sais he's "happy with the performance of the Cosworth CR6 engine". Didn't Jaguar and Jordan use the CR6 engine last season? I thought Minardi was going to use the brand new Cosworth TJ engine in the PS05...

[Edited on 16/4/2005 by Linus]