Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

HABEMUS PAPAM

Elected.

Let's see who comes out of that balcony:o

Comments

• image Clifford I?

Seems early for the Vaticam to show white.
  • I don't care !
  • the last person I wanted to see in white.
    May God help us and him
  • Now you know how I felt when Bush was re-elected.....

:rolleyes:
  • Well, he's pure in his faith. In that sense, I am delighted.

However, there are some things I dislike:

1) He is very old, the oldest Pope in a century. John Paul II's last years were shadowed by his illness. I think the church would have needed a younger, more dynamic Pope in this situation.

2) He's from the old world. I think it would have been time to elect a Pope from somewhere else than Europe. Electing one from Latin America would have been preferable in my opinion.

3) While the church should not in my opinion preach merely what the people want to hear, some reforms should be made.

... oh yeah, I'm not catholic. I just like to stick my nose in things that are none of my concern.
  • I vote Salvo for pope :D
  • AHAHAHAHAHAHAH, clown, shame that you'll never become cardinal to vote for me:hehe:

Driver, I guess your points 1,2 and 3 were exactly the reasns why they elected him, unfortunately
  • No surprise whatsoever.... he was the favourite of Pope John Paul II and he paved the way for his success....

I would have preferred the Belgian liberal cardinal...

• neil, i wrote to you in the italian version:spank:
  • AHAHAHAHAHAHAH, clown, shame that you'll never become cardinal to vote for me:hehe:
    Oh yeah. I guess the drugs, booze, hookers and atheism kinda disqualifies me :(
  • I prefer your church Clown

Who cares about this catholic pompous arses? Their toilets may be golden, but they still have to get there and clean it with their own hands.
    Can't believe people will pay for a flight to watch this.
  • Clown, this is the Catholic church we're talking about, so if you can get around the atheism bit you're still in with a show. ;)

PS I was born and raised a Catholic, so I can get away with this. :D
  • Ok salvo there's no need to spank me!

:cool:

il falcone e' ancora vivo!

p.s. you gave me an idea about the signature!!!!! (when RJ puts them up again)
  • Benedict XV ??:hehe:
  • anyway, let's wait and see

There were "liberal" cardinals who eventually became very conservative popes, like Paul VI
    While Angelo Roncalli was a 78 years old cardinal with a conservative reputation, who changed the church as none did in centuries, with the Vatican II.
    Who knows...

After Schumacher, another german reigning in Italy:rolleyes:
  • ORA ET BIBE ??
  • Who cares about this catholic pompous arses? Their toilets may be golden, but they still have to get there and clean it with their own hands.
    Nobody would dare to say such a thing about jews or muslims, but when talking about catholics everyone can say everythig and feel free to be offensive.

Have you ever thought of that, you "paladin de la libertad, del respecto y de los derechos humanos"?;)
  • Habemus Papam?

Bugger that, Hab 'em us NEW MINARDI!!!!

It's a shame that KFC never got onto the fact that two Zingers (Ar & Rat) were in the finals. Could'a made squillions.
  • Im happy
  • Well good luck to him but i dont think our war veterens will be too fond of him.
  • Apparently the new Pope was a member of the Hitler Youth.
  • Yeah, but so was every damn kraut kid of the era - it was be there or be square (or ridiculed).

edit: But if he was born in about '27 wouldn't he have actually been fighting in the army at some stage - especially in '45 when the Germans were kinda running out of bodies????

Maybe that's not really acceptable from the new Pope...

[Edited on 21/4/2005 by MinardiP1]