Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

The Imola First Practice thread!

Comments

• Somewhat anticlimactic.
    Isnt it always?
  • We where faster then the first session of last year;)

23 Gianmaria Bruni Minardi Cosworth Italië 1:27.933 + 7.849 + 1.679 201.957
    24 Zsolt Baumgartner Minardi Cosworth Hongarije 1:29.312 + 9.228 + 1.379 198.839

The Jordans drover the same time as last year in 1st practice
  • :(

we're not gonna beat jordan so soon
  • they have done a total of 20 laps at Imola with a brand new car, brand new engine, two new drivers... and dont forget the added pressure of having threre quarters of Minardi's total fan base in the stands... or should I say stand.
  • The team did a 1 25.9 back in Feb with the 04 car. Their target time should be 1s under that.
  • Petrol, just approximately... how long did you spend trying to find something to discredit any improvement they might have made?
  • Get a life mate. All this talk of getting to know the new car. As a "Johnny come lately" to Minardi allow me to inform you. In both 1999 and 2000 Minardi's car ran within 2 and 3 s of the leading car. And that was straight out of the box, ie within the first shakedown.
    No one is dicrediting anyone. But Stoddart said to be judged on their performance. Its no point crying foul when we do just that!
  • Think positive guys: at least we were faster than the Renaults !!!!!:P

Seriously though; I don't expect much for this weekend. It's basically a test session for the team.
    I expect us to make progress at Barcelona !!!!!!
  • But Stoddart said to be judged on their performance. Its no point crying foul when we do just that!
    So you classify the fist 10 laps of a brand new car on a new track as a guide to our performance? (Obviously bearing in mind one car stopped on the circuit for about 15 minutes, raising the possibility of technical issues with both cars)
  • 1 35 Pedro de la Rosa 309.8
    2 20 Patrick Friesacher 308.1
    3 37 Christian Klien 307.1

Thrid fastest through the speed trap. They might just have the wings set a bit high.
  • Look, they've already got data for the Imola ciruit. And there's already data on the car from the Mugello run.
    You don't turn up at a circuit and start loading diff and gear ratios and suspension setup. The car comes with a provisional setup determined from simulation.
    The problem arises if the car's behaviour is nothing like the simulation. Its probably too early to say that just yet. Bear in Mind the person designing this car has never designed an F1 car before.
  • Being 2nd Fastest through the speed trap is a great start. The HP is there which is huge compared to the total lack of power for the last 3 years. Downforce is easier to resolve than not having enough HP.
    DD
  • The problem arises if the car's behaviour is nothing like the simulation. Its probably too early to say that just yet.
    Agreed.. too early to tell. Lets give the guys a chance to blow out the cobwebs, the kids a chance to learn the track etc. Let's make some sort of judgement when we see practice times tomorrow.
  • Hard to imagine that they are learning anything sitting in the garage.
  • What the hell is the problem with Albers his car?
  • PF just posted a 1:26.6 moving in the right direction.
    D
  • It is too early to tell where we are in terms of performance, should just be patient and wait and see what happens tomorrow! Hopefully our times will continue to improve.
  • Getting closer and closer.
  • Looks like Albers came out for an installation lap did we have problems?
  • Instead of Minardi racing Jordan we have Jordan racing RBR so far :spank:
  • lets hope for better luck tomorrow.
  • Another tough day to be a Minardista.
  • That was fucked. I am very disappointed. :(

Jordan are running with RBR and Williams ffs! :o
  • Chins up people - the car is brand new with very very little running - we have new engine, box, etc etc. so I see this whole weekend as really an extended test as the boys learn how to car reacts to changes etc. I'm just thankful they have new things to try rather than flogging the old PS04B.

FORZA MINARDI
  • This is not what I had expected. I'm actually very disappointed. 2 seconds behind the Jordans is awfully slow :(
  • Hmmm, not what the doctor ordered. Petrol, I accept what you say but let's hope today was more shaking down and that the boys let rip on Saturday.

Forza Minardi!
  • Let's wait for the PR to explain what happened to Pat in 1st practise and to Albers in 2nd practise.
  • Yes, it'll be very intressting to see what they say inte the PR. I hope there will be a good explanation why they were so slow.
  • Viges, you know I want the team to make the break through. But re: setup whats to change? Ride height, wing angle, ballast position and torsion bar stiffness. Its not going to take too many clicks for them to find out how responsive the car is.
    We'll have to wait and see what the Forza crowd say about the cars handling. Here's hoping!
  • the gap between Jordan and Minardi is still 2.8 seconds, I think the fans here where hoping for a much smaller gap.

and the fact that CA only drove 1 lap in the 2nd pratice is'nt positive either :(