Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

how long?

Any one know how long after you get your driving license it is before you can race as I'm learning to drive over the summer and might do a bit of privateer racing next year with my backer/mechanic.

Comments

• AFAIK, a driver's license for driving on public roads, highways, etc. is completley unrelated to the kind of license required for competition. (at least, that's the case in Australia. I don't know about Wales)

The only thing you should need to get a competition license is a medical certificate, from a doctor confirming you're fit enough to drive. And be older than the minimum age requirement (which is sixteen in Australia, disgustingly high).

To obtain a competition license in Australia, one would have to contact either CAMS or NASR.
    I'm not sure who take care of the stuff in your part of the world, BARC or BRDC maybe?
  • Any one know how long after you get your driving license it is before you can race as I'm learning to drive over the summer and might do a bit of privateer racing next year with my backer/mechanic.
    Get a skateboard dude it's cheaper!!!:hehe:
  • Heh, last weekend I saw on TV that Albers got his drivers license without a single lesson. He failed two times. But still, quite an achievement if you ask me.

*will have his third lesson next Saturday* :D

Wow, this was so off-topic.

[Edited on 26/4/2005 by Stan]
  • The only thing you should need to get a competition license is a medical certificate, from a doctor confirming you're fit enough to drive. And be older than the minimum age requirement (which is sixteen in Australia, disgustingly high).
    Prob have to wait a while. I'm not phically fit to race due to my illness.
    Get a skateboard dude it's cheaper!!!
    My backer/mechanic doesn't fix or tune up skateboards. lol