Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

27/28th Mugellotest-thread

Comments

• OK - so i was a little over optimistic. But 5 to TOIT is not too shabby considering where we would be with a PS04 that has well and truly run its course.
  • Minardi is on every italian newspaper today, it doesn't happen often:hehe::hehe:

ps it all is getting like Benny Hill Show, I'm getting a little tired

:(

pps I'm with Minardus: "Nissany decided to take me out" is a very Vesrtappen-like thing to say, I'm liking Albers less and less.
    Professional drivers should keep their mouth closed.
    Sure, it's stoddart's fault if we have an amateur running, it's stoddart's fault if a guy that has no idea of what F1 is can spoil the hard work of an entire team... that's for sure. But I CAN say that, Albers can't. Or, at least, he can't say that in that way.
  • Oh for fucks sake :mad:
  • pardon?
  • Its the question if Albers really said that cause there is nothing own his on site and only one site put this on there web.
    Only the english f1racing.net published it, not the dutch F1racing site.
    I think that the reporter of F1racing.net was not specific about the words that Chris use.
    But any it was a very dum action by Nissany, was the guy thinking that he was leading a race an close the door when Albers try to pass:spank:.
    And if Albers said it so it no so clean:cool:

[Edited on 28/4/2005 by MinardiSquad]
  • Never liked the Crash Test Dummies.......

Today, no gearbox problems or otherwise, and at least 60 laps by each PS05 driver to give us some usefull information. Come on, miracles happen !!!
  • Biker, there WERE gearbox problems.
    That's why the cars were in the box almost all morning.
    They were fixed around noon and started hitting the track !!!

Btw, this is from Grandprix.com:
    The joys of testing
    Minardi is a team that can do without additional problems but yesterday's test at Mugello was spoiled somewhat when Christijan Albers collided with Chanoch Nissany while the two cars were running around the Florence circuit. It seems that there was a misunderstanding as the Dutchman went past the Israeli driver. The team was careful not to apportion blame as Nissany is a useful source of additional income to the team and it is inevitable that people will assume that the shunt was his fault. The team did however manage to continue testing with Patrick Friesacher in a third car. The arrangement does not contravene the testing agreement of this year as the team is only running two cars at any one time. The plan to put Marchy Lee Yin-Kin in one of the cars has been postponed because of what the team said was a "logistical problem". This could either mean that there are not enough cars available or that the Chinese driver's money did not arrive.
    The bit about Lee's money is what I was thinking yesterday as well !!!:)
  • Why am I not suprised.
  • Minardus, I'm talking about my wishes for today.

Lee... a great name for jokes:

HoLee shit (collsion while testing)
    UnbeLeevable (getting the first minardi-point)
    GLeese lightning !!

More suggestions ?
  • Marchy Lee to see Sid watkins (injured arm in accident)
  • He MARCHes slowLEE over the track !!!!!:hehe:
  • Only just read about the incident. With the limited time we have in testing it is a stupid thing to happen. We have no luck if its not the weather it is a silly incident!
  • And everybody knows about it, that's horrible. Today at school, a friend of mine (TOIT-fan) asked me cynically "How was testing yesterday?". :spank: :mad:
  • And how is testing today ?????
  • 1. Takuma Sato, BAR (Michelin), 1:20.646
    2. Anthony Davidson, BAR (Michelin), 1:20.756
    3. Rubens Barrichello, Ferrari (Bridgestone), 1:20.764
    4. Michael Schumacher, Ferrari (Bridgestone), 1:20.899
    5. Patrick Friesacher, Minardi (Bridgestone), 1:25.623
    6. Christijan Albers, Minardi (Bridgestone), 1:27.417
    7. Chanoch Nissany, Minardi (Bridgestone), 1:39.519

terrible :(

[Edited on 28/4/2005 by hasek2]
  • hasek, those Minardi times are the exact same as yesterday, scroll up/back an rea the official press release posted by MCSF.
    I would think todays time are yet to be released
  • pardon?
    I meant the situation, not you.
    I could never be mad at you ;)

Edit: I typed "you" twice. :BitchSlapsSelf:

[Edited on 28/4/2005 by Clown]
  • today minardi
    albers 66 laps
    1'24«38
    frisacher 47 laps
    1'25»72
    Nissany 16 laps
    1'39«51

they worked out the problems with gearbox, said the press office.
  • ps
    schumi did 1'20»56
    barrchello 1'21«40
    button 1'20«25
    bernoldi 1'21»50

so albers was 3.8 sec slower than TOIT, that is no bad.
  • finally a good news!

We can make a statment, Our new car is officially faster than the PS04

forza! :cool:
  • From Faenza:

BACK ON TRACK

MUGELLO, ITALY, April 28, 2005 – The second, and concluding day of the Minardi F1 Team’s Mugello test continued with Patrick Friesacher, Christijan Albers and Chanoch Nissany all in action on the Florence circuit at various times Thursday. Once again, the race drivers were using the latest Minardi Cosworth PS05 chassis, while official tester, Nissany, was at the wheel of a PS04B. In near-ideal weather conditions, technical personnel focused on cooling arrangements, aerodynamics, chassis and suspension set-up, and tyre evaluation in the course of the day’s programme. Encouragingly, both PS05s displayed good reliability, allowing Friesacher and Albers to collect considerable data and increase the team’s working knowledge of the new car ahead of the Spanish Grand Prix.

CHRISTIJAN ALBERS Best lap: 1 min 24.380 secs Total laps: 66
    “I think it is fair to say that yesterday is a day best forgotten. We made a number of changes to the car today, both in terms of chassis set-up and software, which meant we stayed in the garage a little longer than planned while all the technical matters were sorted out. Once on the track, however, we had a very good day. The car showed it has speed, and with reliability as well, we were able to work through a solid programme. The PS05 is a new car, and there will continue to be small problems to be solved and work to be done in the coming weeks, but everything looks very positive at the moment.”

PATRICK FRIESACHER Best lap: 1 min 25.721 secs Total laps: 47
    “Generally, we have had a good day. We covered quite a lot of laps, and once again, gained new information about the car. There is still some work to be done on chassis set-up, but we’re definitely moving in the right direction, and I look forward to doing a good job for the team in Barcelona. I would also like to add my personal thanks to Bridgestone, for allowing us to try a number of different tyre compounds at this test. It has been very useful.”

CHANOCH NISSANY Best lap: 1 min 39.510 secs Total laps: 16
    “We focused this morning on chassis set-up work, and particularly on increasing mechanical grip while retaining good overall car balance. Up until yesterday, I had never driven at Mugello, but I have to say, it is one of the most interesting, and demanding circuits on which I have ever driven.”

MASSIMO RIVOLA, Sporting Director and Team Manager
    “We have had a very good day, helped by the fact we were able to cover a considerable number of laps. In the process, we have taken a significant step forward in terms of overall vehicle reliability, which means we have achieved the main goal of this particular test. In addition, we made progress on the performance front, although it is clear the PS05 will have considerable potential for further improvement as the season progresses. I want to thank the Minardi team, and especially the mechanics, who once again did a superb job here at Mugello. We will now return to the factory and continue with our preparations for Spain.”

- Ends -

Minardi Testing Details
    Location: Autodromo di Mugello, Mugello, Italy Date: April 28, 2005
    Weather: Sunny and warm
    Air temperature: 17-24 deg C Number of testing days used this season: 3
    Track temperature: 26-33 deg C Total testing distance covered this season: 1294.9 km

Driver: Christijan Albers (NL) Driver: Patrick Friesacher (A) Driver: Chanoch Nissany (IS)
    Chassis allocation PS05/01 Chassis allocation: PS05/02 Chassis allocation: PS04B/03
    Distance covered: 346.0 km Distance covered: 246.4 km Distance covered: 83.9 km

• Christijan his notes:

Today Christijan Albers continued testing at Mugello. Together with team mate Patrick Friesacher he worked on the new Minardi PS05. With lap times which were over two seconds faster than two weeks ago the Minardi car is showing it has great potential.

“It was a great day. We learned a lot about the new car today with the many laps we covered at Mugello. Compared to our first test at Mugello two weeks ago we already won 2 seconds with the car,” said Albers.

“I am sure we can make the car even faster when we get to know it better. This car has a lot of potential. I’m really happy about the progress this week and the way the team worked together, fabulous! I can’t wait until the next race to see how our car does with all the things we’ve improved.”

Minardi's team manager Massimo Rivola commented about today's test: “We have had a very good day, helped by the fact we were able to cover a considerable number of laps. In the process, we have taken a significant step forward in terms of overall vehicle reliability, which means we have achieved the main goal of this particular test. In addition, we made progress on the performance front, although it is clear the PS05 will have considerable potential for further improvement as the season progresses. I want to thank the Minardi team, and especially the mechanics, who once again did a superb job here at Mugello. We will now return to the factory and continue with our preparations for Spain.”

Christijan's fastest lap time was set at 1.24.380 and he covered 66 laps. Team mate Friesacher set his fastest time at 1.25.721 and completed 47 laps.

Looks very nice for the moment guys!!!;)

• hasek, those Minardi times are the exact same as yesterday, scroll up/back an rea the official press release posted by MCSF.
    I would think todays time are yet to be released

It was a copy-paste from formula1.com...It i's interesting because the last time is correct, but it is better for us:)

[Edited on 28/4/2005 by hasek2]
  • That's because Nissany's time yesterday and today were (almost) the same!!
  • Well engineers do love test drivers who are consistent...

Far better news today, some progress made. Another couple of days at a different circuit after Barcelona and they might just be sorted for Nurburgring.

Even now, four seconds off the frontrunners should be enough to whip Jordan, shouldn't it?
  • Well, let's stay on the ground. You need a very good set-up in Barca and lots of downforce.... wouldn't be to optimistic.
  • BAR also tested today, the full times are:

01 J. Button BAR 007 1'20''250 -- 123
    02 M. Schumacher Ferrari F2005 1'20''566 +0''316 84
    03 R. Barrichello Ferrari F2005 1'21''406 +1''156 81
    04 E. Bernoldi BAR 007 1'21''500 +1''250 151
    05 C. Albers Minardi PS05 1'24''380 +4''130 66
    06 P. Friesacher Minardi PS05 1'25''721 +5''471 47
    07 C. Nissany Minardi PS04B 1'39''510 +19''260 16
  • Is that a legal BAR or ...?
  • what kind of circuit is Mugello?
    Is it a downforce track or a medium downforce track.
  • I thought it was tight and twisty?