Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

FIA asks for BAR to be thrown out of championship

2»

Comments

• havent they heard the old adage cheaters never prosper.
  • From the summaries of what was presented yesterday, the evidence looked pretty damning, and I think they got off pretty lightly.

You couldn't prove deliberate cheating (and you'd have to know Willis, Fry, et al to make any judgement as to whether that was the intention), but their car was definitely outside the spirit of the rules, as evidenced by existing custom and practice. They should have got a clarification from Charlie if they thought the rules were open to a less orthodox interpretation - and they didn't.
  • In response to the legality of the car in Malaysia. Seems that the FIA was only tipped off by disgruntled ex-BAR engineers. Their car underwent the type of forensic examination you only see if the scrutineers are looking for something in particular. Lucky they were'nt banned for the season.
  • The car may never have actually been below 600 kgs for the weekend, but they still setup the car knowing that without fuel it would weigh 595 kgs. The rules aren't that vague, I'd say they are pretty lucky.
  • havent they heard the old adage cheaters never prosper.
    TOIT, prospering all the way to the bank. :spank:
  • so it means minardi have bigger chances to get into the points in the coming races especially montecarlo????!;)
  • Talking of compliance
    Can anyone explain to me how the front wing was raised higher this yeart to reduce downforce, but Ferrari have that extra "wing" under the front nose.

Or is it called something else to avoid compliance?
  • Because it's far enough forward to be outside of the reference plane.
  • Because it's far enough forward to be outside of the reference plane.
    Is that "their" interpretation of the rules, and if so why haven't others used it?
  • Because they know that the FIA would hit them hard.

TOIT = BE and FIA friend !!!!
  • BAR Definatly not going to spain

A team statement said BAR had decided not to take further legal action in order to avoid damaging Formula One.

"Upon receiving the best legal advice, in all relevant jurisdictions, the conclusion is nothing can be done to enable the team to race this weekend."

BAR have also accepted they will not be able to race in Monaco on 22 May.

"BAR Honda has considered whether to pursue further action which might enable it to compete at Monaco," the statement added.

"On balance, the team has decided that to challenge the sport's governing body would cause a level of disruption and damage to the sport which would not serve the best interests of everyone involved."