Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Some News: Minardi Two-Seaters to race in Adelaide

Paul Stoddart together with the Premier of South Australia announced plans to run the Minardi F1x2 cars in a celebrity race at next years Clipsal 500 on the streets of Adelaide (the former Australian F1 GP track).

The drivers will be current and past F1 drivers with celebs in the passenger seats.

As far as I know the team will bring all of the F1x2 cars over for this race.

The money raised will be given to charity.

This is no benefit for the F1 team as I can see, but Stoddie looks to be determined to continue with the 2-seater program.

The news spot I watched on this showed off the Minardi Factory and tlots of shots of the cars (F1 and F1x2) with the Ozjet logos. The Premier was being shown around the Minardi Factory and the broacst went on to speak about Ozjet.

Note: Ozjet will have its headquaters in South Australia as well.

Comments

• Yeh, I saw it as well.

It was on the back of a trip that the South Australian Premier made to see Bernie about the GP coming back to Adelaide. The move has Stoddart's full support. Not surprising really after the business of the PS04B legalities in Melbourne, and the threat to Melbourne losing the race, Ron Walker (Mr Melbourne GP) suggested its time for Stoddie to leave the sport.

No hard feelings Paul.

F1x2 cars at a touring car event? What a waste.

What's interesting about Adelaide is that it never made a profit in its 10 year F1 history, neither has Melbourne. However, since replacing F1 with V8 Supercars (Touring cars) crowds have increased and they make a huge profit. Better the profit go to people running the thing, than Bernies bank account. At least the money gets used on improving the show. Take note Bernie...

• From the spot on RPM over the weekend, I got the impression is a PS sweetener to the SA Govt for Ozjet. Paul keeps in good with the Govt and gets some Govt breaks for his airline.