Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Eurovision

No thread this year?

So who watched it? And what's with all the yelling from the presenters? Is that common in Europe? :o

I can't believe that old chick - the granny - got that many votes. :rolleyes:

Comments

• who won?
  • Greece.
    Congratulations!
  • From an outsider's perspective (that is, outside of europe) it just seems like such bullshit that people go and hang out in the freezing night air when basically it's somewhat a fait acompli who will end up near the pointy end.

Basically, the more landlocked or island neighbors you have - or the more 'loyal to/scared of' the big behemoth near you (think Latvia & Moldova with Russia) - the better you will do.

Thus, in today's enlarged EU, countries like Turkey and Greece who have lots of close neighbors always do well, even when their act isn't that brilliant.

The fat chick from Malta got ripped off. You only need to look at the spread of her votes, which came from all across europe, to the points concentration of the (admittedly pretty hot) Greek chick.

I noted there's also a real backlash against the 'big' countries. I seem to recall the Krauts and Poms (and French?) also got little love last year.

• HELLO THERE, ARE YOU AWAKE???

I STARTED A THREAD ABOUT EUROVISION MANY DAYS AGO!:D

THE MALTA SONG DID US PROUD - 2nd PLACE IS A BIG DEAL.:o

• If my memory is right, Germany was 8th last year.
  • the "real" eurovision thread was callled NOT FOR MCSF!:D:D
  • 'euro'vision???

BALKAN-VISION!!!.. damn.. these new countries just use it to suck up to their neighbours..

12 points go to.. 'the country next to us' (allthough their song sucks.. but who cares about the songs?)

• My point exactly.
  • my surprise is that Malta got 12 points from... from... from....

RUSSIA!

did we send a containor full of vodka to Vladimir Putin????!!!!!:D
  • BALKAN-VISION!!!.. damn.. these new countries just use it to suck up to their neighbours..

12 points go to.. 'the country next to us' (allthough their song sucks.. but who cares about the songs?)
    :hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe: