Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Giro

Emmett, my brother, what a shame you couldn't see the Giro this year. It was the best one in ten years, wonderful. 3 weeks always on the edge, only at the very end of it it was clear that savoldelli won. He was very smart.

Comments

• That is one of the problems with the US. If there are no Americans or very little Yank participation (read no Lance) then they don't bother to cover it.

I actually like both the Giro AND the Vuelta better than the Tour.
  • Emmett, my brother, what a shame you couldn't see the Giro this year. It was the best one in ten years, wonderful. 3 weeks always on the edge, only at the very end of it it was clear that savoldelli won. He was very smart.
    He was smart for sure, when he offered (undoudtedly) lots of money to Ardila and Van Huffel to help him chase Simoni and Rujano.
    But you are right Salvo, it was a fantastic Giro.
    What are your thoughts about a mountain like the Colle delle Finestre as part of the race? It gave beautiful pictures and tough competition, but someone could loose the Giro because of a flat tyre easily (but at leat his suspension wouldn't break as a result, like Kimi's....). I vote in favour of it!
  • It was an unforgettable Giro.

Best congrats to all, to Savoldelli, Simoni, Di Luca, Rujano, Basso, Petacchi, O'Grady, to Velo and Ongarato, and to the organisation.

Now I hope to see a similar Tour, hopefully with Ullrich and Basso competing till the end with SuperLance and, why not, beating him.