Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

BMW Williams. It's getting messy.

You've all no doubt been reading this escalating in the press, it FINALLY looks like Williams are calling a spade a spade and putting a bit of shit back on BMW for what is apparently no longer one of the grid's top donks, if you believe Frank and Patrick. Which I do.

The substantial amount of rev limiting that BMW hamper their engine with during practice seems to be one of the triggers, as does the inability to get off the line with any kind of speed. Correct me if i'm wrong, but I would think that traction control and software is a BMW thing too, not a Williams item.

I'd like to ask where all the Webber and Heidfeld (particularly Webber) critics have gone, now that it appears the starts aren't their (his) fault? :rolleyes:

Comments

• The starts were never the drivers fault, Patrick Head said so a while ago. The starts are not entirely BMW's fault either. The Renaults catapult of the line because they have a weight bias towards the rear of the car, so the power gets put down more effieciently, where the Williams weight is more evenly distributed, hence the "no quick fix" comment from Webber. Unless a revised FW27 chassis is on the horizon expect unflattering starts for the rest of the season.

P1, I think this place is pretty fair on Webber. If you want critics..................well, then go to the WilliamsF1supporters site at sportsnetwork. I'll be surprised if they don't blame him for BMW wanting to part with Williams!
  • Webbo's shit and he knows it.
  • I didn't critisize the starts.
    I just rated Nick higher as Webbo !!!!
  • I don't think there's any point criticising BMW now. When Munich was providing the team with gold standard engines, the chassis was crap. Now the engines are'nt so hot and the chassis still crap. So who's to blame?
  • It has been same situation many years now. They start the season with a crap car, work hard and maybe manage to win the last race. Seems like they're always few steps behind in the development work.
  • Webbo's shit and he knows it.
    Hahaha, way to go viges.
  • Talk is BMW have bought Sauber for $270m. So I guess it'll be Williams Cosworth in 2006. Now is the time for Stoddart to talk to Cosworth about a V8 engine supply rather than a V10. If Williams are to take on Cosworth powerplants then we could probably get V8's alot cheaper than if we had to get them exclusively.
  • Quite a qualifying from Williams today. Crap car, Heidfeld was all over the place and Webbo was horrible. Every single thing is going wrong. I really hope Webber gets it together soon.
  • Yeah but Mark was second car out mate - not a whole lotta grip there with all the concrete dust blowing everywhere....

The one who really fluffed it was Nick - second last car out, yet only 13th spot. :spank: How will Theissen spin that into a pro-Nick story? :angel:
  • The lack of grip obviously hurt Mark. His lap would have been fair enough given the circumstances, but the mistake he made in sector 2 should not have happened - he was 0.8 secs off Heidfeld and slower than both Jordans in that sector.

Too bad, it was a very hard spot to be in. Hopefully the race will be better.
  • Who cares? As long as they have trouble it is nothing but good for us.
  • Williams have said that they have start problems that are car-related numerous times. However Webber's timing hasn't help them either has it? I remember at Monaco, he was 2nd on the grid and Heidfeld was 6th, still they were going side by side after the first corner.
    As for BMW. Well they have made the best (or almost the best) engines in F1 since 2001 yet Williams have only once come up with a winning car in 2003. Williams lost a golden opportunity. And to claim they were unreliable is just ridiculous. I really like Frank and Patrick but what would they prefer? Mercedes' fire crackers or Honda's one lap wonders?
  • I really like Frank and Patrick but what would they prefer? Mercedes' fire crackers or Honda's one lap wonders?
    Cosworth or Toyota !?