Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Congratulations Christijan Albers!

Well done lad - P15, and less than 3 seconds from pole.

Let's hope he's not running on fumes. ;)

Comments

• Great lap !!!!! Bravo

The handling of Pat's car was terrible, though !!
  • Congratulations to Albers, what a great drive!!!
    They guy is showing his true skills!!!:P
  • Chris his comment:

Although it isn’t his best grid position Christijan Albers showed his best qualifying performance of the season. Albers kept both Jordan drivers, one Red Bull driver and his team mate behind him in qualifying in Montreal. On Sunday Christijan may start the Canadian Gnand Prix from 15th position.

“The beginning of the Grand Prix weekend started a bit difficult. The track is new and dusty so we had to ‘spoil’ at least one set of tyres to get used to the track and clean it up,” said Albers.

”We knew we could do well here in Montreal but we couldn’t show it earlier this weekend. With the new set of tyres and the engine at its maximum I was able to set a good lap time. I’m happy with today’s performance and look forward to the race tomorrow.”

• This is great!!! But I do think that Albers may have to stop for fuel an extra time compered to the drivers behind him.
  • Y'know there's an decent chance he could get ahead of the Williamses if he really nails the start.

Remember those Williams cars are slugs away from the line.

Even though i'm a Webbo devotee, that would be sweet to hold them up for a few laps. :P
  • Have anybody heard the comments after his lap by the boardradio:

PS asks Christijan where that lap came from, Chris said:
    This happens when you give me new tires and full engine power, Chris had driven the whole practice sessions on old tires and restricted engine power:hehe:
    Both laugh threw the radio and where delide:)

[Edited on 11/6/2005 by MinardiSquad]
  • Great stuff by CA let's hope he can take it home tomorrow
  • Praise from the Bridgestone head cheese, Hisao Suganuma.
    "The track has been evolving as the day has gone on, particularly the areas which were repaired overnight and we expect tomorrow to really see our tyre performance develop. It was nice to see Michael back on the front row of the grid. As always, having better grip does give you a better chance of a good result. Today's conditions have been quite hot with high track temperatures and it has been good to see that our tyres have the speed and consistency in these conditions. I am only sorry that Rubens had a problem which ruined his qualifying run. Christijan Albers, however, put in an impressive run. His hard work in the practice sessions in terms of car set up seems to be paying off."
    A bit of insight there in terms of technical ability?
  • He's getting noticed by the rigth people.

Storming lap, however both cars have been having a nightmare starting, so unless some mightly blocking is used I suppect he will drop back as they pull away.
  • Great job - but how did PF get it so wrong?
  • Great job by Christian but Patrick just had a bit of a nightmare, you could see on the in car footage he was ghaving to put in loads more steering effort & lock compared to Chris to get anywhere near the apex of most corners, his car just looked less stable through the corners and under braking
  • Freisacher's what I call a right foot driver. Lots of throttle, plenty of speed into the corner and hope for the best.
    The problem is with the single tyre regs, if you can't sort out the setup, you'll fight the car for 300 klicks'
    Albers has just got a better technical brain. If we could combine Albers' brain with Freisacher's raw speed we'd have the perfect driver.
    PS the differntial between the 2 is just too large to be just down to fuel.
  • Bravo bravo Bravo Christjan
    Great stuff
    We haven't beaten 2 teams for ages. It's great.
    Shame for patrick, let's hope he'll do fine in the race.

I just hope our 2 boys will take care:hehe:
  • Now lets hope he has enough fuel to be on a normal strategy.
  • Yes! Very good lap! Congratulations Albers!!!:o
  • Bravo Albers !!

11th in the race just behind Monteiro !!!!
  • Freisacher's what I call a right foot driver. Lots of throttle, plenty of speed into the corner and hope for the best.
    The problem is with the single tyre regs, if you can't sort out the setup, you'll fight the car for 300 klicks'
    Albers has just got a better technical brain. If we could combine Albers' brain with Freisacher's raw speed we'd have the perfect driver.
    PS the differntial between the 2 is just too large to be just down to fuel.

Hmmm, i think that Albers is in both quality's that you called better then Friesacher.
    Oke, Friesacher did a very good Job in Monaco but that's the only time, In Nurburg Albers set Friesacher on 40 sec with a extra go stop penalty and now again he set Friesacher on 50 sec in 35 rounds.
    Albers has the speed and the brains, Friesacher is not showing much skills if you look how he handle the car, maybe its his agresive style that it looks fast but it isn't the way to drive a Formula 1 car and ecspecially a Minardi.
    I don't want to say that Friesacher is a bad driver but he isn't better then Albers and i think maybe not good enough for Formula 1.
    If you lose 50 seconds in 35 rounds on your teammate who has the same car you aint showing great skills, also a negative side is that Friesacher is focussing in Practice to be so fast as possible and not looking for a good setup for race, in second practice on Friday Albers was doing long stints in his first half of the practice and Friesacher was from the beginning on fast low fuel laps(then you think Friesacher is doing a better job), i don't understand why, if you hear Albers after the pratice he sounds very confidence and is not foccusing on the fastest lap times but on his setups for quali and race, thats a point for Friesacher that he must work on.
    I wish the guy the best and he is a nice person, but he must work harder to be able to compete with Albers and the rest.

Ciao

Friesacher has also 21 day left to pay his bills to Minardi, he haven't paid jet.
    But that will be allright!;)

[Edited on 12/6/2005 by MinardiSquad]
  • Friesacher still not paid up? Stoddart must be losing a stack of money this year - the driver sponsors are pretty much all he's got apart from the FOM money.

Lucky CA is proving solid - good work.
  • But maybe you have another view on Friesacher his speed, we all jugde thing in a other way.
    I even think his style is more nervous then aggresive, it isn't the style i like to see, i like see Buttons style, so smooth and clean but very fast, or Raikonnen his style.
  • Friesacher still not paid up? Stoddart must be losing a stack of money this year - the driver sponsors are pretty much all he's got apart from the FOM money.

Lucky CA is proving solid - good work.
    It's not the whole story what Squad told you.
    Patrick pays in terms over the season.
    His last term was before theMonacoGP. He paid that.
    In the next 3 weeks he has to pay the next installment.
    It's not that he hasn't paid anything yet this season !!!!!!