Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Pope Kicks The Bucket

TV says he's gotten the last rites...

[Edited on 3/4/2005 by Clown]

Comments

• Calm down ya heathen:

The sacrament does not necessarily mean that the pope is dying. Last rites -- also known as the sacrament of anointing the sick -- are commonly given to people who are seriously ill as well.
  • Damn, if he doesn't die I'm gonna be really disapointed.
    I've already opened the party snacks!!!! :(

[Edited on 1/4/2005 by Clown]
  • Go on have your fun now but in the future you will be eating your snacks in a place likethis:

http://homepage.mac.com/equigley/.Public/fire2.jpg
  • Is that guy on the left in a canoe?
  • 1,20 am and I'm here working... Forza Papa.
  • Well I certainly hope for consistency of position they've got the heart/lung machine, iron lung and the kidney dialysis machine fired up just so we're sure we're not 'killing' him.
  • Thin ice.
  • I'm ambivalent about him going - at least we get a new pope, and one that might be more socially progressive and physically active. :cool:
  • Hey cool Quig, I love BBQ's!!!!

The trouble with people recieving the Last Rites, is that most are too sick to know they've had them, and therefore are only ever associated with the dying.

As far as kicking the bucket goes, I think somebody's going to have to kick it for him. And with the Roman Catholic churches history I'd be surprised if they're not lining up for it.

Now Quig/Salvo, before you go off at me and cast me down to the big BBQ below, I was born and raised an RC. But I'm more Australian than RC, so that means I can take the piss out of situations like this, 'cause that's what we do.
  • Hey, what's the problem. Just doing my bit to promote the 'culture of life' Bush (who had no problem signing a law requiring the plug to be pulled), and DeLay (who actually PULLED the plug on his dad), and the pope, who didn't think the right path was being followed lately in Florida, prattle on so much about. So I say keep his head in a petrie dish and electrical signals pumping, if that's what it takes to preserve 'life,' and to hell with being 'alive.'
  • Don - I spent just shy of 7 years dealing with a family member in a condition - well it was difficult and managed not to kill the old guy off by starvation/dehydration. But there is way more to this case then what you prob think so until there is more to know we should hld our tongues.

Oz - that is the problem with the RC church today. Everybody thinks that the OZ wing and the yank wing etc etc all can play it their own way. Not the case.

"On this rock I shall build ..."

not on this rock and that tree and that brick ...
  • Emmett- I'm glad you had the option, privately, to decide what was best, and if that's what your loved one wished, Godspeed.
  • Naw - I offed him for the money.

Just kidding Dad!
  • [irony]
    So are they going to hook him up to an IV for fifteen years and refuse to let him die?
    Isn't that what he would have wanted?
    [/irony]

Clown - looks like he's kneeling on a surf board to me.
    "the swell sucks today dude"
  • at least we get a new pope, and one that might be more socially progressive
    dream on....
  • Clown - looks like he's kneeling on a surf board to me.
    "the swell sucks today dude"
    I think we have a winner for the caption!!
  • God will embrace the Pope. Thanks
  • P1, you're kidding right? Just look at what's happening today. No one ever in the whole history has united the whole planet in one common voice like John Paul II just did. No matter what their religion or skin colour is, or what country they live in, people all over the world are praying for his recovery.
    What he did today was the fulfillment of his mission. The mission which resulted in demolishing the wall between Vatican and the rest of the world. He never wanted to be a ruler. He showed that the pope's number one mission is to be a human, meet with people and talk with them, not just summoning the world to live in peace from a window of his apartment every day. He made more pilgrimages during his life than every other pope. Great sense of humour. Young people love him to death. God I wish everyone of us had his charisma. I'm proud to be a Pole because of him. Have a good rest man... you really deserve it...
  • Great sense of humour. Young people love him to death. God I wish everyone of us had his charisma.
    Charisma? Hasn't scored in 86 years! Stoddiebasher did beter than that
  • Very well said Fox.

I served Mass for him when he was still a Cardinal. To the best of my memory he came to San Francisco to see an old friend - another Polish Priest who was at my parish. It was a big deal to have a Cardinal so they mainly had other priests doing the heavy altar service but there was my brother and I. We met him and he was actually nicer than our own parish priests!
  • Since we're talking about people going to hell:
    An engineer dies and reports to the pearly gates. St. Peter checks his dossier and says, "Ah, you're an engineer --you're in the wrong place." So the engineer reports to the gates of hell and is let in. Pretty soon, the engineer gets dissatisfied with the level of comfort in hell, and starts designing and building improvements. After a while, he's harnessed the fires of hell to produce electricity.

Soon afterward, they've got air conditioning, flush toilets and escalators, and the engineer is a pretty popular guy. One day, God calls Satan up on the telephone and says with a sneer, "So, how's it going down there in hell?"

Satan replies, "Hey, things are going great. We've got air conditioning and flush toilets and escalators, and there's no telling what this engineer is going to come up with next."

God replies, "What??? You've got an engineer? That's a mistake -- he should never have gotten down there; send him up here."

Satan says, "No way. I like having an engineer on the staff, and I'm keeping him."

God says, "Send him back up here or I'll sue."

Satan laughs uproariously and answers, "Yeah, right. And just where are YOU going to get a lawyer?"
  • The man's proving once more he's got a big heart.

Fox, I guess Italy and Poland have never been closer.
  • What's happening over here is beyond words. Even the footballers don't want to play their games and I heard Serie A won't play either. What irritates me is our media though. It seems that there's a race for ''who will tell the news about the pope's dead first'' :mad:
    We should take that last pilgrimage as the pope is taking it himself - calmly.

[Edited on 2/4/2005 by Fox_Mulder]
  • God Bless
    welcome home
  • The Pope died today the 2nd April at 9.37pm.

Rest in Peace.

• Resto In Pace
    JPII

• we in america had very few chances to see the Pontif. I had the pleasure of seeing him in my home town of St. Louis several years ago. It was amazing. The closed down the highways just for his motorcade.

Looking back now it was strange. Mark McGwire came and kissed his ring, and then he recieved a hockey stick fromt he local team. It was odd seeing the Pope swinging that thing around. However, going to Catholic school all my life it was an honor to see the vicar.
  • P1, you're kidding right?
    Nope.
    Just look at what's happening today. No one ever in the whole history has united the whole planet in one common voice like John Paul II just did. No matter what their religion or skin colour is, or what country they live in, people all over the world are praying for his recovery.
    What he did today was the fulfillment of his mission. The mission which resulted in demolishing the wall between Vatican and the rest of the world. He never wanted to be a ruler. He showed that the pope's number one mission is to be a human, meet with people and talk with them, not just summoning the world to live in peace from a window of his apartment every day. He made more pilgrimages during his life than every other pope. Great sense of humour. Young people love him to death. God I wish everyone of us had his charisma. I'm proud to be a Pole because of him. Have a good rest man... you really deserve it...
    Lemme guess, you're Catholic, right? ;)
  • Place your bets on who will be the new pope! :D

2/1 Cardinal Roy the Apologist
    5/2 Cardinal Michael the Blind
    6/1 Cardinal David the Secretive
    10/1 Cardinal Peter the Ambivalent

100/1 Cardinal Leroy the Black

300/1 Cardinal Matthew the Worthy

• What is your faith? Do you have any? If not Catholic then who the next Pope is really is not an issue for you.