Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Moto GP

Anybody watch the 500cc GP - what about the last lap eh? One of the best of all time! That look by Giberneau on Rossi in the Parc Ferme was only to behold! Great racing!

Comments

• is that "our" shinji nakano who came in 5th?
  • Poor form by Rossi.
    Reminds me of another Jerez incident.
  • That was awesome. Too bad for Niki Hayden :(

Barros and Bayliss did better than I thought. Biaggi wasn't impressive at all.

The Giberneau Rossi battle was brilliant until Rossi lost his cool and control of his bike and pushed Giberneau into the rough stuff.

Rossi didn't have control no matter what he says. Giberneau was the real winner. For the next few races Rossi will be the bad guy that the crowd will want beaten.

He seemed pretty arrogant when he explained it in the press conference as well. Giberneau was calm and did not say anything that he will regret later.

I loved the fact a MoviStar employee was between Giberneau and Rossi in Parc Ferme. I hope Giberneau's shoulder is OK.

Rossi's reception on the podium reminded my of the Austrian F1 Gp with Schumi being booed.

Rossi = :spank:

Giberneau = :cool:
  • Long live the 2 stroke!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • is that "our" shinji nakano who came in 5th?
    That's Shinya Nakano, RJ...no relation to our boy.

Nicky had a good race, it's a shame he went off in the closing laps.
  • Quig, don't go off topic and start on about your sex life again.................. :hehe:
  • Barros and Bayliss did better than I thought.
    There were a few relieved people in the office on Monday morning with Bayliss actually now excited about the season.

I remember talking to Troy earlier in the year and he really wasn't too complimentary after testing in Malaysia. Now us Aussies have something to look forward to though.

Honda clean sweep in the Australian supersport/superbike series... gotta love it.

TasM, you a Hayden fan?
  • [quote]Barros and Bayliss did better than I thought.

TasM, you a Hayden fan? [/quote]

I'm a bit of a Bayliss fan since his superbike days, but I do like the way Hayden rides. I think the guy is pretty good personality and a real contender. I know the Honda guys struggled for a while not because of Rossi's departure, but because of the mechanics leaving. So I hope the Honda riders can claw back up there and chase Rossi down. Even more so after his tactics and attitude that was on display in the last race.

Junior, were they nervous that Bayliss wouldn't perform or were they concerned with the bike?

Two Stroke...:hehe:

[Edited on 14/4/2005 by TasM]
  • Bayliss has taken a while to find an effective combination between his riding style and the bike. He really wasn't that complimentary about the bike early on, but other riders have been saying the complete opposite.

Tas, the guy to get on early is Josh Brookes. I can let you in on a little bit of inside info, he really impressed the big wigs from Japan. He won the World Supers at the Island last year (by invitation) but busted his pelvis over in Western Australia. He's back now, he's consistent, commited, fast, and more importantly well supported by the factory.
  • Like to watch MotoGP, but prefer 250. Porto rides there and is a fellow countryman.