Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Sempre Minardi

I was flicking though an old issue of F1 Racing and I found an article regarding 'Sempre Minardi'. A small group of Minardi enthusiasts who had formed a little 'club' which produced a magazine. Out of interest does anyone here know about it? And was anyone here a part of the group?

Comments

• ''Sempre Minardi'' was a magazine produced by the West Lavington (UK) Association of Minardi Enthusiasts. The magazine was produced in color and distributed free of charge.
  • Awesome! Nobody has a spare copy we could check out would they? Even scan the pages in for us? :D
  • I tried to track them down but with no luck - are they still around?
  • I did a google search and found this little piece about them and minardi but as of yet not found anything else.
    http://www.grandprix.com/gt/gt00223.html
  • one of the editors was called tom, that's all i know :-)
  • What a great article. We need to track them down and find out what they are up to. It is 70 miles from Sussex - where is that relative to any of our Brit members?

In addition, I wonder who the US west editor was/is?

• It's not clear (to me) from the article which West Lavington is the one where Sempre Minardi are / were based - Sussex or Wiltshire.
    However both counties are in the south of England about 250 miles south for me.
  • They are not too far from me when im in my Southern abode of the third hole East from London. Opps i mean Reading. But at the moment im relaxing in glorious Yorkshire.

Not sure how to track them down tho?
  • ?????

Tou come from the land of Sherlock f'n Holmes and the Avengers and you have the gaul to ask that?
  • I will do my best in between revision. Got to do well in my exams otherwise i wont be able to go stateside!!
    It might be worth asking around other web forums that any people are members of??
  • I'll have a look around for the magazine. It gives details of their names and where they meet up from memory.
  • Yeah i was a member of Sempre Minardi. Dont know if its still going.

I was a memeber back in the days of Trulli and Katayama. It was free, but only recieved 3 magazines (very nice magazines indeed!) which i still have knocking around back home.
  • the welcome to wiltshire sign was about half a mile from my front door last year if that helps:hehe:
  • You are going back to that school to finish your studies right?
  • yup yup, wouldn't stay here for any longer even if they paid me to do so...
  • Man - that says alot when the UK is a more desirable place to live than italy.
  • :hehe:
  • it's not really a UK or Italy thing more like

GET ME OUT OF DISNEYLAAAAAAAND :rolleyes:
  • one of the editors was called tom, that's all i know :-)
    The West Lavington Association of Minardi Enthusiasts consisted of nine people (7 from Britain and 2 from Austria). Their names are;

Geoff Willis, John Doe, Sue Holland, Jamie Willis, Dan Ashdown, Chris and Sabine Stockmar, Paul Hudson and Alistair Mitchel. (No Tom there RJ. ;))

Interesting piece i've got here, however I think alot of you will loath F1 Racing refering to Minardi as "the other Italian team"
  • I spoke to Geoff once, I seem to remember him saying the mag had fizzled out.

The West Lavington in West Sussex is near Goodwood - v pretty part of the country.
  • John Doe, really? :o

Good to see a BAR man (Ex-Williams even) leading the charge there too.
  • wow. that is probably the most succinct summation I have read about Minardi and why I find a lot fo fans like the underdog team. THATS's what can sell sponsership! That's the kind of stuff that shoudl be taken advantage of!