Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

PSO5 at Imola

Comments

• it would look soooo goed in dark bue, white and yellow..

still like to the nose too.
  • At last the new improved Minardi !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 gold stars for JuniorMin for posting the first pics:D

Congratulations to the team for getting it all together in time.

• Great job - NOW WE HAVE A PROPER LOOKING F1 CAR!!!!!!
  • Looks pretty good. I wonder if there would be a reorganization of the sponsors in the car.
  • Fantastic!

First impressions...

The sidepods are much lower, and possibly wider, and relative to the rear tire looks even lower than the Renault of this year. Look at how high the exhaust chimneys are to clear the rear mechanicals... Quite something. I'd love to see the sidepod inlets to see if they are as wide as they appear from the side.
  • What excitement!

I couldn't follow the thread during the day, so I just now came back and all this was just waiting.. Amazing! When I saw the would-be-PS05 PS04B shot, my heart jumped to my throat. God, I thought, "this is the new car? NOOOOOO!!!"..

And then, the pleasure of seeing that new beast. It's like a pint of lager after a walk in the desert! I can't imagine getting more excited than this. At least until next Friday, when we see the car's race debut.

Hard to say anything interesting, wish there would be more pictures and a few nice close-ups. However, the chimneys are a nice touch. Looks very sleek and I like the new flip-up arrangement in front of the rear tyres. The front of the sidepods looks quite high and bulky though, but the rear is very nice and low.

Good to see the new challenger up and running. Let's give it up for the guys at Faenza!
  • Nice to see we finally have some decent sidepods !!!!!;)

Btw, seeing the pre-season PS04B, that just reminded me about the "Make a wish" sponsor.
    It seems to have disappeared after Melbourne, because it isn't listed on TOMS' sponsor list !!!!
  • Bella
    can't wait for Imola
  • i made a wish.. and today it came true... the PS05 is image
  • Well done team, thanks for the pic's. Glad to see we will have something to shout about. The side pods are quite radical compared to the PS04.

Thanks Paul and the team for the hard work.

Go the little guy's
  • The car does indeed look awesome but does anyone else think the engine cover looks like it's hiding something or maybe not what is going to be on the race car?
  • It looks fantastic now lets just hope it goes fast!
    Surprised not to see any winglets on the engine cover like most teams?! Even the PS04B had some.

Cant wait to see it in full livery!
  • This should be a huge improvement over the PS04B, based on looks alone. :cool:
  • One new picture of PS05

• Speachless.................Its real and it's here an running the team has done a fantastic job:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • Super high rez are up at Atlas, I'll get them to you ASAP
  • Bella! I hope that there will be new colors to reflect this sleek machine. A big step forward for Minardi!

• Thanks Jello!

Are there any pics of the nose?
  • Got em Jello - no prob with Atlas - I got them off TOMS

Oh, BTW - do all the people who said Jello and I were crazy re the "new car" back in the day want to post a retraction?

XOXO

http://homepage.mac.com/equigley/.Public/PS054.jpg
  • Hadn't thought of looking there yet. Good call.

Retraction... hmm, that would be nice. :rolleyes:
  • Cheers! You can see on the second pic the sheer amount the sidepods curve in near the back almost to a point before the rear wheels,

Also have you noticed the bulge on the right side of the engine cover that isnt there on the left???
  • Picture number three shows one hell of an undercut in those sidepods. That's rivaling Sauber right there. Also gives a good idea of the size/shape of the radiator.
  • Picture number three shows one hell of an undercut in those sidepods. That's rivaling Sauber right there. Also gives a good idea of the size/shape of the radiator.
    Its really good beginning, but we have to see the front side,,,
  • Prediction: We will be a 1/4 second or less behind JV next Friday in Practice while 1/4 sec in front of the Jordans. Cheers to the Team!!!! Great lines!
    DD
  • Also have you noticed the bulge on the right side of the engine cover that isnt there on the left???
    Yeah, I noticed that aswell.

It looks very nice! But the front part of the car is very PS04-ish. I hope I'm wrong but is it possible that they used the old tub? Or is that impossible with the new sidepods? The front part of the new sidepods are part of the monocoque right?

[Edited on 16/4/2005 by vuurmuur]
  • The leading edge of the sidepods are bolted onto the tub, covering the crash spars. One could possibly redesign those spars and the leading edge of the sidepod.

That said, I've seen pictures of new tub moulds being made, so I'm certain that the design is new.

Stoddart also claims that the gearbox is entirely new. Good on Minardi.
  • Bye bye Jordan... Jordan Bye, bye... eh ehe:hehe:
  • In that last photo- what the stuff that looks like good old silver tape in front of the back wheel?