Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Dinner With Mr Minardi

Its early here - two of us have to return the van we stole last night after the dinner - it was the only way to get home. RJ is working on the details and sorting the pics.

All I can say is it was simply unreal.

Oh, did I mention that PLM was there. Or Albers, or Freisacher, or Zsolt.....

More to follow. Petrol - answers to your questions as well.

XOXO

Comments

• oh that's great,

the first news from imola.

keep in touch!
  • :cool:
  • Speaking of San Fran Queers...

are they kisses and hugs at the bottom of your post Emmett??

• We want more !! Details asap

(I had chinese take-away on my own yesterday...........)
  • When PLM walked into the room shortly after Gian Carlo Minardi I nearly dropped my wine glass. Simply unbelievable.
  • you lucky bastards...:P
  • I'm assuming PLM is Martini..? only THE best driver Minardi's ever had?
  • you're assuming right
  • When PLM walked into the room shortly after Gian Carlo Minardi I nearly dropped my wine glass. Simply unbelievable.
    They're letting the young one drink? Ghastly! Emmett, remember, responsible parenting! ;)

Sounds like you guys are having a ball. Meeting the guys, a factory tour, then watching the GP with the first all-new car in three years.. It's like christmas and birthday rolled into one.

Us losers desire extensive reports when you get back...
  • Us losers desire extensive reports when you get back...
    What he said.
  • I can see a new FM.Com Room - Those that have Dined with..................ah pissoff!!
  • What about the factory tour???

More details and pics!!!

Don't leave us hanging like this!!!

(reminds me of my first GF, the little ****tease that she was....:mad: )

[Edited on 20/4/2005 by xiola]
  • sorry guys but the best pics are on the front page
  • You guys did good!!! Very good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• one day, dear phil we'll get all the Minardi clubs together and fill a whole grand stand!!!
  • sorry guys but the best pics are on the front page
    I guess even Minardi is super secretive about stuff in their factory. Or at least now since we actually have a new car.

Also seing that Zsolt was there and the recent reversal of the third driver rule, any word of him taking that role? He is keeping close to the team as we can see.

[Edited on 20/4/2005 by Telstar]
  • Well done boys, really sorry I couldn't be there for that but will see you Saturday night - unless French/Swiss traffic cops bang me up.

Great to see PLM in particular.
  • Secretive!!!, Il say, I got told off for trying to take a photo of a drawing :S:S

Also no camera areas!!
  • There will be plenty of shop pics to share - once the time is right. Not too far off.

I will say thought that I was brilliant.
  • Letting me drink? I tell the old bastards to sod off and order some hard alcohol. There's a reason that they're calling it "Lemonjello" now. I'm feeling a vodka and orange at the moment.

Minardi was very touchy about photos of even the PS04B on Tuesday. Tomorrow though we will be able to take the first ever detail photos of the PS05. I hope to get some while the 04B and 05 are in similar states of togetherness, for comparison reasons. You will be blown away by the improvements in sidepod packaging. No engine shots I'm afraid. Cosworth would have my nuts.

Pizza is here, ciao.
  • Very well done, to the whole crew!

I suppose all the secretive nature was because of Cosworth, no? Did they allow any pics in the factory at all?

MCSF did look particularly In-Charge, Did you address Mr. Minardi in Italian?
  • Argh, I'm very tempted to sign up for next year's Forzaminardi.com trip. I bet I ain't the only one..

Sigh. Perhaps, one day..
  • Sounds like you had a fantastic time! Really envious. I would definately want to come to a future get together!!!
  • Can't wait until we have the Star Trek style teleports and it's just a simple 'dissolve' to Italy.....
  • I'm with Telstar on this. The presence of Zsolt is very interesting after the revision of the third driver rule.

Is some in season testing in the wind, definitely appears like a third car on Friday is likely??? Development of the PS05 is on the cards.

Lookout Judas.

FORZA MINARDI
  • Zsolt as the third driver would help us a lot.
  • Sounds like you had a fantastic time! Really envious. I would definately want to come to a future get together!!!
    Well said, me too! (if my wallet permits!)
  • I believe the secrecy was mostly due to Minardi having not launched the 05 yet. We were allowed shots of the full 04B with no engine cover but turning our cameras towards the 05 would have meant a small Italian woman kicking my ass on the spot.

Nobody is saying anything about Zsolt and I shouldn't speculate but he did show up at Imola around the same time as us, maybe 10 AM and was with a manager-type fellow. He was still there when we left, enjoying some food with Massimo (I believe it was him). Still looking very fit.

Caught the following drivers today:

Alex Wurz (congratulated him)
    Narain Karthikeyan (staring into the Minardi pits for about 15 minutes)
    Tiago Monteiro
    Takuma Sato
    Vitantonio Liuzzi
    Christian Klien
    Nelson Piquet Sr. and Jr.
    Heikki

As well as Chris Horner, Trevor Carlin and Alex Shnaider.
  • MCSF did look particularly In-Charge, Did you address Mr. Minardi in Italian?
    Si
  • Argh, I'm very tempted to sign up for next year's Forzaminardi.com trip. I bet I ain't the only one..

Sigh. Perhaps, one day..
    Remember, this was a combo event - without the MCSF .... lets just remind all that it was/is a combined effort.

[Edited on 21/4/2005 by MCSF]