Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

27/28th Mugellotest-thread

Comments

• As a nissany fan i have to say you are an ugly group of fans.
    Spoiling all your shit after reading one article from Albers sponsors?!

Couldn't it just be a careless move from Albers side?

Yes they are both stupid. such things should never happen in tests but wait till we all know the facts.

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/formulaone/16512/
  • I am almost speechless. What an absolute bloody joke.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/4491501.stm
  • what viges said:(:mad:
  • Boos - calm down. A test for us is a rare thing indeed and to have a collision like this is

1. not good for our cars

2. not good for the test schedule

3. not good pr wise

4. not good for team or fan morale.

It looks as if it was Albers fault but in a situation like this there is plenty of responsibilty to go around.
  • From Faenza:

CLIMBING THE LEARNING CURVE

MUGELLO, ITALY, April 27, 2005 – Following the debut of the Minardi Cosworth PS05 at last weekend’s San Marino Grand Prix, the Faenza squad today moved to the Mugello circuit, where a two-day test got under way. The team arrived with three chassis – a pair of PS05s for race drivers Christijan Albers and Patrick Friesacher, and a PS04B for official test driver, Chanoch Nissany. Unfortunately, the opening day’s programme did not run quite to schedule, a variety of technical problems keeping the cars in the garage until late morning. Once they were on the circuit, however, the plan was to make up for lost time, but a collision between Albers and Nissany, following a misunderstanding about track position, resulted in both Minardi chassis having to be returned to the team’s garage for repairs. On a brighter note, once a gearbox problem had been addressed, Friesacher was able to do some serious running in the afternoon, and put the planned technical programme back on course. The test continues tomorrow, although promising Chinese racer, Marchy Lee Ying-Kin, will not now be having his first taste of Formula One performance, his run having been temporarily postponed due to a logistics problem.

PATRICK FRIESACHER Best lap: 1 min 25.623 secs Total laps: 38
    “It was a shame we lost some time in the morning with a gearbox problem, but we had a good session this afternoon. We tried several different things, and made progress. Mugello is definitely not an easy track to learn, but overall, I’m pleased with the work we’ve done today, and look forward to a good day tomorrow as we work on developing the new car.”

CHRISTIJAN ALBERS Best lap: 1 min 27.417 secs Total laps: 15
    “There is not much to say. We had a couple of short runs this morning, and now hope for a better day tomorrow.”

CHANOCH NISSANY Best lap: 1 min 39.519 secs Total laps: 26
    “This is my first experience of Mugello, and it certainly lives up to its reputation of being a physically very demanding circuit. We did some running this morning, and will carry on tomorrow with the aim of making up for lost time.”

MASSIMO RIVOLA, Sporting Director and Team Manager
    “It’s difficult to hide the fact that we’re disappointed by the crash between our two drivers, as it has put us behind with the scheduled test programme. On the positive side, Patrick was able to do some useful running and, as a result, we have made progress on improving reliability. In addition, we are grateful to Bridgestone for making available a number of different tyre compounds for evaluation at this test. Finally, I would like to make it clear that Minardi is fully respecting the testing arrangement that is in place with other teams, and although we have three chassis present here at Mugello, we have only allowed two cars on track at the same time. We will now hope fervently for a better day tomorrow.”

- Ends -

Minardi Testing Details
    Location: Autodromo di Mugello, Mugello, Italy Date: April 27, 2005
    Weather: Sunny and mild with a light breeze
    Air temperature: 20-22 deg C Number of testing days used this season: 2
    Track temperature: 28-31 deg C Total testing distance covered this season: 618.6 km

Driver: Christijan Albers (NL) Driver: Patrick Friesacher (A) Driver: Chanoch Nissany (IS)
    Chassis allocation PS05/01 Chassis allocation: PS05/02 Chassis allocation: PS04B/03
    Distance covered: 78.6 km Distance covered: 199.2 km Distance covered: 136.3 km
  • Nissany was the one who hit Albers his car with a very strange move when Albers want to pass him. Nissany spin and take Albers with him.
  • CLIMBING THE LEARNING CURVE
    Damm, I was betting that the title would be "Minardi drivers getting close to each other". :mad:
  • Squad - as per the BBC :

"Christijan Albers, who was in the PS05, clipped the back of test driver Chanoch Nissany's old PS04B, spinning both cars off the track."

Either way they both need to have a good talking to.
  • My Friend was at the track today and said that Nissany did a strange move when Albers try to pass him!
  • look at the bright side, from the lap times we can see the difference between the old and new Minardi... 14secs! :cool:
    /okay, just joking/

[Edited on 27/4/2005 by ATi]
  • that's funny ati

anyway things like this shouldn't be happening
  • My Friend was at the track today and said that Nissany did a strange move when Albers try to pass him!
    :D :D :D :D :D
  • anyway things like this shouldn't be happening
    I agree, this was a sad day
    This news is in the headline everywhere :(
  • Yeah, i must admit that i felt a little sad when I saw that the one of our testing days came waste of time and money.

By the way, we set our difference at 4.7 secs, wich is less than in the GP San Marino. But who knows how many where TOIT pushing.
  • All times of Mugello today:

1. T. Sato BAR M 1'20''647
    2. A. Davidson BAR M 1'20''657 + 0'00''010
    3. R. Barrichello Ferrari B 1'20''764 + 0'00''117 111
    4. M. Schumacher Ferrari B 1'20''899 + 0'00''252 127
    5. P. Friesacher Minardi B 1'25''623 + 0'04''976 38
    6. C. Albers Minardi B 1'27''401 + 0'06''754 15
    7. C. Nissany Minardi B 1'39''519 + 0'18''872 26
  • Okay - anybody says the 05 ride is not better then just look at the times. 14 seconds 'tween F and N - it is not just down to driver skill - the 05 really is an improvement.
  • From F1racing.net:
    "We started our day of testing at Mugello just before noon," Albers told F1Racing.net. "It went pretty good in the morning. My lap times with the new car were pretty good, about 1,5 seconds faster than Patrick before lunch. We worked mainly on the aerodynamics of the PS05."

"At 13.00 we had lunch, but after only two laps after lunch Nissany decided to take me out in the last corner. He was on the left side to let me pass but when I got near him he went towards the right all of a sudden so I crashed straight into him."

The Minardi team's second day of testing will still go on though. "Tomorrow the car should be prepared again to continue testing. Fortunately I'm physically ok which is most important in the end."
    What an ass!!!!!
    You can'tsay to a newssite that anotherdriverfrom YOUR TEAM "decided to take me out".
    NOT even when you believe it yourself. Always stay positive aboutteam internal affairs!!!!!!

I mean, this kindt of reactions are what gave JosV his bad rep.!!!!!:mad:
  • O so you have to compliment you amateur teammate who fucked up your test???:spank:
    What the hell is that Nissany guy doing there??
    Why your are blaiming Albers now???
  • Hold on.
    I'm notblaming anybody here.

I'm just saying that a driver should keephis head cool and debrief with the team first, instead of making comments to the media after a moment of heat.
    He might regret hiscomments lateron!!!

Btw,
    How come some sites say BAR was there and other sites say only TOIT and Minardi were present???

Quig,
    Check yesterday's Mugello times: Gene drove 1.33sec.
    The PS05 was also faster as him in a F2005 !!!:P
  • In mine opinion your the ass (not for realr but the thing you is not correct i think) who is trying to blamel Albers, who gives a great support to the team.
    Haven't you heard all his comments and blessings to team for there great work.
    He is trying to bring Minardi to a higher level with also great support of his sponsors, i think you need to have some more respect for the guy, why is it wrong that he blaimed Nissany for his stupidy.

[Edited on 27/4/2005 by MinardiSquad]
  • You can'tsay to a newssite that anotherdriverfrom YOUR TEAM "decided to take me out".
    NOT even when you believe it yourself. Always stay positive aboutteam internal affairs!!!!!!

I mean, this kindt of reactions are what gave JosV his bad rep.!!!!
    Oh barf.
  • I don't think its fair that you compare Albers with TWD.
    I think he has a good reasson to blame his amateur teammate for his fault.
    And believe me that they have talk about within the team.
  • It is too serious for me to laugh, but this is very funny indeed - two cars of the same team crashing in testing....

What bad PR - it's a shame!

Plus we lost a lot of time.

Where is the team spirit?

Imagine if 2 Jordans did the same thing - we would be all dying with laughter.
    :(:(:(
  • Okay - anybody says the 05 ride is not better then just look at the times. 14 seconds 'tween F and N - it is not just down to driver skill - the 05 really is an improvement.
    the gap with BAR is still 5 seconds, last weekend it was 5.5(in first qualifying) that's a better comparisson than Nissany's time.
  • OK, I will explain myself again:
    Albers, who gives a great support to the team.
    Haven't you heard all his comments and blessings to team for there great work.
    He is trying to bring Minardi to a higher level with also great support of his sponsors, i think you need
    I know he's been very positive up untill today.
    That'swhy I said that he should have chosen his words more carefully today.
    Maybe it was best to say : No Comment.
    At least untill he was cooled down a bit,and could have phrased his comments differently.

OK. Let's get back to talking about Minardi now, shal we??:)
  • Ok, maybe he did not use the wright words for the situation;).
    Let's hope for a better day tommorow!!!

ForzaMinardi!!

(Maybe it is a good idee that Nissany pays a extra test on friday:hehe:, joking)
  • Sod the bad PR, accidents happen. Montoya and Ralf did this in a GP - now that was bad PR.

However, the lost time and the damage to the cars is important. With the limited testing we do, we cannot afford this kind of events.

Sad to say it, but Nissany has absolutely no business in that car, none whatsoever. If he pays, fine, he can drive it around when there are no other cars on track. However, a 14 second gap just makes it too dangerous to put him on track with the others.

Where's luck when we need it? The only good thing is that Friesacher was around 0.9 sec faster than Albers during the shakedown. Going in the right direction, but we need more time!
  • Yeah, back to Minardi- I'm a little more worried about the 5 spot to the front that the 15 between Friesacher to Nissany! What flavor is that kool aid Emmett?
  • logged in hoping to see some pretty pics of the PS05
    and some improved times.

And this is what I find!!!!

to both drivers and a stern 'telling off'! :spank:

Its a shame to waste valuable testing time - but I guess these things willl happen every now and then. (Jaguar 04 brazil springs to mind )

Good luck to the mechanics who will probably have to work late aqain.
  • I'd almost be laughing if I wasn't crying.

Shit happens.