Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Friesacher or Albers ... Albers or Friesacher

Who is better? Too early to tell? After the first couple of races I thought Friesacher would be much better but it seems like Albers is catching up fast!

What do we think?

Comments

• Patrick is better IMO.
  • I don't care.
    I want them BOTH to outrun the Yellow Submachines !!!!! (Beatles pun intended) ;)
  • Albers is much:rolleyes: better,much faster and got more talent!!:hehe:, no i think the guys are very close in there teambattle.
    But the only time Friesacher was faster was in Maylasia.
    In OZ Albers was more then a second faster.
    It looks like Albers is going faster and faster and i think it would be a hard job for patrick to stay tune.
    But thats my opinion, we will see who is the best at the end.
    Its now time for both drivers to get the Minardi faster.
    Really i like to support both guys but i think Albers is a better driver if you look at his history and the way he works, the guy is giving 120% to be Grandprix winner in the future.
    Albers won champions where Patrick didn't.
    I think Patrick has talent and a good drive but i think overall Albers is better.
    But who am i:angel:
    Forza Albers and Friesacher.
    Only thing important now is that the Minardi is gonna be faster and faster!!

Ciao

[Edited on 29/4/2005 by MinardiSquad]

[Edited on 29/4/2005 by MinardiSquad]
  • :) I think we shoud run one driver in PS05 and then our famos test driver in the PS04

Reason: One driver to try an score points and one test driver to try and take out the Jordans.:)
  • Haha, in 5 rounds he will be lapped by the Jordans and then he can take them out with a zigged zagged move:hehe:
  • now that's not nice... :hehe:
  • Don't steal my idea guys !!!:hehe:
  • Albers! Let the games begin! I think CA has had to readjust to single seaters which because of the lack of testing has had to take place at the GP's. He seems to be taking Pat's measure now though.

[Edited on 29/4/2005 by dst]
  • Also Christjian has a great helmet, and Patricks looks like a NASCAR drivers.
  • Yes, Albers does have the better helmet - very noticable. But Don, I think you need help in this issue. Your fascination is becomming an addiction to helmet design I fear.

There must be a 12 step program.
  • Friesacher should have the advantage for the next races, he has much more(F3000) experience at Barcelona and Monaco, but CA has raced more at the Nurburgring(DTM, German F3).

so it will be interesting.
  • I think Freisacher's probably got more raw pace. Albers may have the better setup ability. In short they are evenly matched, which is what one wants with your drivers.
  • all this discussion just makes it all the more obvious... they are evently matched and Minardi should be signing them up for next year as we speak. Two years in Minardi would be a good apprenticeship for any aspiring racer, and Minardi could use the consistency.
  • It must be very hard to come from a while in touring cars but I can't split them yet.
  • The strange thing is that Friesacher said in a interview that his goal for the rest of the season is to catch up with Albers and to stay inline with Albers. Thats a strange ambition in mine opinion.
    With the PSO4 you could not make a big difference with your teammate cause the car was easily on the limit, but now with the PS05 i think Albers will get a gap to Friesacher.
    I think Albers will be a half second faster in the first spain qualify and maybe he can beat Monteiro.
  • Albers has proved respectable - and he has a good set of sponsors too. We should be looking to develop with him over the next 3 years - I just hope that Stoddart's statements about 2006 don't put them all off.

Freisacher has some pace, but he seems to play second fiddle within the team at present, so it's a bit harder to judge.

Albers gets my vote, but more importantly the driving team is a great improvement on last year.
  • Albers is'nt thinking of driving for Minardi next season, his managment is already looking elsewhere(Sauber).
  • Where'd you get this info?

i think Albers has the skill to drive very clean lines, this is what brought him his succes in DTM... drive nice clean lines, while others around you push and f*ckup..

Patrick seems to have a bit more of a raw speed.. but looks like his handling is more raw to.
  • his manager has stated it in a Dutch magazine.
  • how can you judge 2 drivers after 3 races with that car and few laps on the new one?
    let's wait and see.
    They both seem to be fine, friesacher could be a big surprise I guess... let us be patient
  • Way too early to tell who's better. wait until July to decide.
  • Don't want to judge at the moment, but Pat will be better at the end.
  • what if one of them gets injured or sick?

will Nissany become our 'new hope'?

Or would they get Zsolt back (please)
  • Albers has had some bad luck at critical moments during the start of the season. I'm quite sure that if he hadn't he'd have been a little bit quicker than Patrick.

Everyone seems to think Albers is catching up with Friesacher, I think it's the other way around. I bet Friesacher will beat Albers by the end of the season.
  • In my opinion both drivers are pretty equal, but as said before you can't judge them in a car which is pretty limited like the PS04. In the coming races we'll see who will be the faster driver.

On the other hand we aren't dealing here with extreme talented drivers like Alonso, Webber(?) or Wilson in the past. There are better drivers than Friesacher and Albers but money makes the world go round....
  • Albers has had some bad luck at critical moments during the start of the season. I'm quite sure that if he hadn't he'd have been a little bit quicker than Patrick.

Everyone seems to think Albers is catching up with Friesacher, I think it's the other way around. I bet Friesacher will beat Albers by the end of the season.
    How much want you bet;)?
    I bet that Albers will beat Patrick at the end.
    But still the most important thing at the moment is that Minardi is beating Jordan and will going faster and faster
    I am following the guy from F3 in germany where i live and ofcourse i have see him in DTM, in F3 the guy shows great skills with 8 wins and he have scored the 5th highscore of points in the german f3 history.
    there are many other great winners in F3 but all of theme where karting from there kiddy time, Albers started his car racing carreer in 1996 and a year later he won the Formula ford dutch and benelux title and in 1999 he won the german F3 championship.
    In my eyes thats a great achievement and shows a big talent.
    But the guy is also complex personality and sometimes his mental skills are not so good.
    Patrick looks more stabel but also make mistakes because of his raw pace.
    I think it is a intresting battle between both guys with both there skills!
    There at the moment good for Minardi.
    Also i want to reply on the Alonso, Webber talents.
    Alonso was driving for Minardi at a time where he could show something cause Minardi was in these days not always te slowest and most of the time Minardi was 2 seconds of the front field.
    So he had more changes to show really good things, but he is a very big talent and that is the biggest reason why he is at the front now.
    In my eyes Webber is overrated and has to prove this year that he can be a winner and a big talent.
    The guy is good in qualifing but very poor in races till now.
    Oke, he gave Minardi a great present in OZ and he was very populair by owher fans and by Minardi and did good things.
    But after Minardi he didn't show much, another thing is that Webber has never won any title in his carreer, maybe he can be a grandprix winner but i don't think he will be ever a champion.

Ciao guys

( I like drivers who can drive the car really smooth and at the same time can go really fast)

[Edited on 30/4/2005 by MinardiSquad]
  • To be honest I think we've got a similar situation to last year. CA is very much the Bruni type, a lot of hype and flamboyance. Pat on the other hand seems to have some pretty good raw speed and like Zsolt a quiet thinker.

From the very quick autograph hunt in Melbourne with the two of them, there was something undefinable about Patrick that impressed me. Whether it was a quiet, deep determination or something else I don't know, but there was something about the kid that grabbed me.

Maybe someone that was at Imola who spoke with him can add to it, but I'm looking foward to watching him over the season.

PS Didn't PS sign Pat for two years with another one or two year option?
  • OZ - I know what you mean. It took one good look in each of their eyes for me to make my mind up.
  • Patrick is the better, Albers is a good driver too. But, my favourite driver is Baumgartner. The Minardi lost a very good driver.
  • Albers is also a nice guy, i don't think you can compaire him with Bruni, Albers is also very loyal to his team but Friesacher seems to me that he is very nice and he has got something gentle in his eyes.
    Somethimes i think he is to nice if i see him, but it doesn't mean that he is not quick and in the car we see a different Patrick then we see outside.
    Also he Arnold Schwarzenegger english accent:D.
    I like both guys and i don't think Albers act flamboyal.
    I have spoke one time with Chris and he is a very nice guy and cool guy, maybe i will speak to patrick to, he seems to me like a more closed/shy guy but thats okay cause i have also that kind of karakter.

Ciao