Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Webber Gets Spanked

Webber in hot water over Pizzonia outburst

Monday December 06 2004

Mark Webber's recent tirade about Antonio Pizzonia hasn't gone down very well with his new Williams team bosses, who reportedly sent their lawyers over to have a word with the Aussie.

Earlier this week Webber lashed out at Pizzonia, accusing him of "lying" about the way he was treated by the Jaguar Racing team during their time together at the Big Cat in 2003. Pizzonia alleges that the team favoured his team-mate and would often give Webber the better equipment.

The Aussie, though, denied that this was "not true", adding that if Pizzonia did "believe that, he's a loser."

And as expected his comments have not gone down well with the Williams team bosses, especially as the two feuding drivers could be team-mates in 2005.

According to Speed TV, barely hours after Webber's tirade, which was part of an interview he did with Gazzetta dello Sport, hit the newsstands Williams' juridical department paid him a visit. And the Grove team's lawyers made it clear that as long as he was a Williams driver, the 28-year-old would be allowed to just say whatever comes to mind.

However, it didn't stop there, as Webber then had to appear before his Williams team bosses, who verbally reprimanded him for his behaviour. He was also warned not to repeat his outburst.

Not exactly the best way to start his Williams career...

Comments

• Ya see, this is what annoys me about F1! Everything is so P.C!
    It is taking the funb out of the sport and some of the interest.
    People's opinions are interesting, controversial, and add spice to f1........F1 is so antiseptic these days.:mad:
  • F1 must be getting so boring that this story seems to be getting bigger and bigger. What, Lawyers are now involved?

I guess it depends on which website you read.

Shish, what would Eddie Irvine say to this.:hehe:
  • Thats my point - even the great FW and his cohorts have to hide behind the skirts of their lawyers.

I say put Pizzaboy and Webber in a room with some boxing gloves.

ding ding!
  • And the Grove team's lawyers made it clear that as long as he was a Williams driver, the 28-year-old would be allowed to just say whatever comes to mind.

So what's the problem then? He said what came to mind. :rolleyes:
  • Nice spotting.
  • Ah... Manufacturer F1 image
  • he said nothing wrong!
  • Don't gobby Aussies make you sick?
  • No more than whinging South Americans (or Poms). Only New Zealanders are perfect.
  • Not as much as whinging Poms. ;)
  • Wow- I never intended to cause so much offence. No posts here since half eight this morning!
  • shame on you
    :spank:

;)
  • We're a very slow bunch, Carthorse, and it's not really worth waiting for either.
  • Up with the Sparrows Viges?

Carthorse, we've been thru the Aussie/Pommie bashing and even kiwi bashing.

There's also Dutch bashing, American bashing and Matt bashing.

Lease likes Petroltorque bashing, and any one else who disagrees with him.

Driver bashing has been popular, however this year has been a bit quiet.
  • Don't forget "Stoddy-bashing".
    And I'm considering starting a "GCM-bashing" campaign to enrage Quig :P ;)
  • No more than whinging South Americans (or Poms). Only New Zealanders are perfect.
    Couldn't agree more.
  • Hey, that reminds me - we haven't put the boot into ol' DC in a while!
  • Quig that was a pretty weak attempt to sideline the conversation away from Clown's idea............ :D

Carthorse, you can't offend us, you're a Kiwi we already feel sorry for you. ;)
  • Welcome Fab, you piss artist.
    Don't gobby Aussies make you sick?
    ......yes, quite

• Oz - did not feel like going there but since you pushed..

GCM bashing is not really a viable idea. It seems as if he has no say in anything, does not even attend races...what is there to bash?
  • Doubtful - I have it on good authority that he is the first guy at the factory - opens it up and has the light on every day. Stays late as well.

What he is doing there ....

That is the problem I have with the current structure - if GCM has a gig then none of us certaily know. He is a huge talent and has vast experience...why is it not being more openly utilized.

Oz asked a great question in the other thread - I hope it gets answered.
  • Is Lease getting prissy in his dotage?
  • Is Lease getting prissy in his dotage?
    what does it mean?
  • Prissy = prim, conservative.
    Dotage = old age.
  • Thank you simon.
  • Hup the lot o yez!