Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

BRUNI'S FUTURE

Bruni, in Bologna's Motorshow, said that he's talking with two teams to stay in F1 next year.

He says that he'd prefer to stay in Minardi, "a team where I know everyone and I feel at my ease, since I find fondamental human relationships in every sport, especially in ours".

Comments

• p.s. he says that in one week he's going to know.
  • I know I'll catch crap from the board but I say keep him and Zsolt - providing they can bring appropriate money - as we need continuity.

That is if maldonado can't afford the full time seat.

I think the tester should be maldonado if not - but with a LONG TERM CONTRACT THAT GCM HOLDS!
  • [quote]I know I'll catch crap from the board but I say keep him and Zsolt - providing they can bring appropriate money -as we need continuity. [quote]

No i'd be happy with that too.
  • for once i agree with MCSF!!!:D
  • I'll say it again. If Brni and Baum can't affor the whole budget we need, and maldonado can't either, Minadi should let other drivers have a rotation.
    Example: an american drives in Zsolt's place in the american races, and an asian drives in Gimmi's place in asian races.
    Minardi would raise the money needed, we'll have a certain continity anyway, and we could test a couple of new drivers, and maybe discover some talents.
  • Not too sure you can have more than 2 drivers per year for every seat.....
  • Bruni, in Bologna's Motorshow, said that he's talking with two teams to stay in F1 next year.
    What a bunch of horseshit. Who's interested in Bruni? He doesn't bring cash, so Jordan surely isn't interested, and Red Bull wouldn't even have him at the bottom of their list. Maybe the' two teams' include the F1x2 people? ;)

He's persona non grata in my books. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. :mad:

• dude, just because he's talking doesn't mean that they're listening ;)
  • Found this at Speedtv.com

$$ In Place, Kiesa in Frame for Minardi Seat

Ex-Minardi F1 driver Nicolas Kiesa from Denmark has a strong shot at returning to the Faenza-based outfit next year, reports Autosport magazine. Kiesa, who replaced Justin Wilson in the team for five races in 2003, after the “Flying Giraffe” switched to Jaguar Racing, is believed to have generated funding for a ride after a sabbatical 2004.

Meanwhile, Giancarlo Minardi confirmed last week that Zsolt Baumgartner’s Hungarian backers were also pushing hard to land him a drive.

Although a Baumgartner-Kiesa pairing is not impossible, it is considered unlikely at this moment, since team boss Paul Stoddart has hinted several times his desire to run at least one Dutch driver. In any event, there’s no doubt it will all come down to the amount of Euros brought: "I hope to have Zsolt back in the car in 2005 but it's all subject to commercial decisions," Stoddart said. "There's no point beating about the bush, it's going to come down to budget."
  • Never thought I'd see a pairing when Baumgartner is considered by the critics to be the faster driver.

Let's hope he matures A TON if that happens.
  • The only thing we can do is just wait and see. All we can say now is 100% pure guess, without any serious background.

Quando il mistero e' troppo fitto non parlare ma stai zitto (when the mystery is too deep, don't talk but shut up).

We'll know everything not before late February.

• Who gets the seats depends on how much money they bring. It lokks increasingly likey Minardi won't have a title sponsor ...again.
    As for Bruni, he had an absolute shocker. I doubt he could ressurect his driving carrer at Minardi.
  • Quando il mistero e' troppo fitto non parlare ma stai zitto
    You're a poet.:)
  • Friesachers Manager said that Friesacher has good chances to get the support of some enterprises. In 10-14 days, there will be a decission if he will drive for Minardi in 2005.
  • Of the above mentioned options, all fill me with a sense of depression with the possible exception of Freisacher (if he brought $5m or more).

I can just about cope with one slow guy, but only if there's a star in the other car.
  • Hard to get excited about the drivers with frankly so little on offer. Whilst some here have wraps for stars of lower formulae, they almost always turn out to be duds in their first season.

Of those likely:

Bruni - Yes, he stuffed up good and proper last season, but I'll warrant he learned a lot as well. His comments about wanting to return indicate that perhaps he now realises that Minardi drivers can't behave like rock stars. He still has his talent and if he can learn to knuckle down and put in the hard yards then I reckon he is a good thing - Rating 4

Baumgartner - How nice it was to be vindicated by the lad's season. Said it then and I'll say it now. He is a reasonably quick driver who gives everything each time he goes on the track. Not a star in the making but reliable, and one of the best number twos that Minardi could hope for - Rating 3.5

Kiesa - Not worth two bob. This kid should thank his lucky stars that Peugot like him and drive their cars around the touring car tracks of his native land while the money is there. Stay away from F1 lad, you're nowhere near it for talent - Rating 2

Leinders - Hard to say whether he is good, or not. All depends what kind of equipment he was buzzing around in last year. If it was the PS02 or 3 then WOW! Certainly looked good on some tracks, but ordinary on others. Keep safe - Rating 3

Verstappen - Dear, oh dear. When he was mooted for Minardi originally I thought, his mouth will sink us. Well as it turned out his sponsor had a bigger mouth than he did. Joss is a good driver but he just needs to crank down the ego to somewhere near his talent level and realise that he is NOT a star. He is a quick driver that would go well if ever he became part of the team. The problem is that he thinks he is better than the team. Not how it works Joss - Rating 3.5

Albers - Consistency counts and this guy has it in spades. Would love to see him in an F1 car to see if taking away body roll affects his speed. Can't overestimate the difference between tin tops and F1. Alan Jones went to the tourers quite soon after his F1 career ended and he did well, but never starred. Still and all, I reckon the speed is there and he obviously plays well with others or he wouldn't be with the tri-star's best. Go out on a limb here - Rating 4

Best Quinella - Bruni/Albers

Next - Bruni/Verstappen

Value Quinella - Albers/Leinders

• Lease, think you left one out of the equation mate. Montiero.

Would love to see him in the PS05, if he could stump up the readies. Having Albers as a partner would be great, but I'd be happy with Tiggy/Baummgartner. Said earlier on that over the course of the season that Zsolt seemed to be getting a better handle on the chassis thatn Gimmi did, maybe Zsolt is just going to take a little longer to develop, but it seems like the development brain is there, and hopefully will come.
  • Having Albers as a partner would be great
    *shakes his head*
    Sigh...

[Edited on 9/12/2004 by StanB]
  • lol

Verstappen fans sure love Christijan...
  • lol

Verstappen fans sure love Christijan...
    If you want Christijan back you're basically saying you want Trust back.
  • lol again

I don't give 2 shits about drivers son.
  • lol again

I don't give 2 shits about drivers son.
    That reply has nothing to do with my post. Does it?

Personally, I don't really care either. Albers is an okay driver. Not my favourite though. I like Doornbos and Verstappen better.

I wouldn't object to Albers' debute at all. If it'd be at Minardi, it could be even better. However not when he brings Trust (who dropped Jos like a brick btw).

I don't think you prefer Trust either. Do you?

[Edited on 9/12/2004 by StanB]
  • I'd take there money but make sure the "keepa you ass outa ALL Team biz" clause was underlined, italics, tattooed...you get my point.
  • I'd take there money but make sure the "keepa you ass outa ALL Team biz" clause was underlined, italics, tattooed...you get my point.
    Hehe, they'll break it without a problem. Minardi needs the money too hard. If they'll break it, they'll do nothing about it.
  • "Minardi needs the money too hard. If they'll break it, they'll do nothing about it."

Not if Minardi writes up the contract properly in the first place!!!!
  • (who dropped Jos like a brick btw).
    And the truth comes out. You guys sure can hold a grudge.
  • Hey, I won't fall for this again. I learnt it the hard way now....
    "Minardi needs the money too hard. If they'll break it, they'll do nothing about it."

Not if Minardi writes up the contract properly in the first place!!!!
    I feel a bet coming up....

[Edited on 10/12/2004 by StanB]
  • Baumgartner? He's still slow as hell. Ok it won;t make a difference if we have chimpanzees driving the car next year cos my prediction is that the car will be a shocker.
    However you guys saying that Baumgartner gave it all and was always appreciative etc etc is a load of crap. I think 99% percent of us on the board would be like that if we got the Minardi gig, oh and I for one am sure that I could drive as slow as pig shit too.
  • [/quote]I think 99% percent of us on the board would be like that if we got the Minardi gig[/quote]

Nah, 90% of us would be more like Margareth Thatcher in a F1 car. 7% of us would be like Alex Yoong. 2% would be like Baumgartner, and the remaining percent would be like Bruni.
  • Matt... you ask for a new car. Stoddy delivers. Now you judge it before it even touches a track? He just can't win with you.

If Bruni is no good with the technical side of things, which there's reason to believe that is true, then Baumgartner is the driver we want buddy.