Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Irvine to Purchase Minardi? WTF

Comments

• Oh, I hope he does.

And I hope Stoddart sees him comming.
  • Just Imagine, we will be sponsored by Playboy, or Penthouse or even Hustler. Pink and green paint scheme, with no Minardi to be seen, EVER.
  • At first I thought "oh we'd get condom sponsorship" but then I realised that Eddie is probably the kind of guy that thinks those are for sailors.
  • And I hope Stoddart sees him comming.
    is that literal or a freudian slip?:D
  • [quote]And I hope Stoddart sees him comming.
    is that literal or a freudian slip?:D [/quote]

As long as he doesn't...cock things up!
  • Speculation grows

taken from updatef1.com

(GMM) Eddie Irvine, we can reveal, will attend a third grand prix on the trot at Monaco next weekend.

It, perhaps, gives credence to an odd rumour in the Barcelona paddock -- that the Ulsterman and former Ferrari driver has a keen eye on Minardi.

Although current Faenza owner Paul Stoddart sat out Spain with a nasty 'flu, speculation whispered that 39-year-old Irvine - with a personal fortune outpacing even countryman Eddie Jordan - may buy the back-of-the-grid squad.

Irvine, 39, has - until now - seldom showed a face in the Paddock since retiring in 2002.

He said in January: ''The idea of owning a (grand prix) team is interesting, but the way it is at the minute, the sport is not owner-friendly.

He's pretty loaded after his ferrari days
  • this is a joke, right??
  • You'd think it was a joke. But this so called rumour is getting quite a bit of press.
  • if it happened Minardi would become Irvine Gp or something. No thanks Eddie. Appreciate the offer but like the team the way it is
  • And all of a sudden Stoddart doesn't seem like a bad idea ........
  • he would change the team's name that very day, minardifan is right. Why don't he just f* around as he did in the past 20 years, without pissing us off
  • This is a product of a Slow News Day. It will never happen.

Even if Edmund did mention Minardi to someone, he was simply shit-stirring.