Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Comments

• yes, bad tasted. But the Vatican should save his words for other things, more serious.
    Like, for instance, the fact that everything concerning Christmas doen't even mention Jesus, at least here in Europe (in Jesusland must be different;)).

I'd be a little pissed off if everyone round the world party for my birthday and nobody even says happy birthday to me.
    That's sick:mad:;)
  • now may i draw your attention to the fact that in austria and Bavaria, at least when I was young, things are changing now, bloody anglo imperialism baby jesus brought the presents:P
  • Virgin Mary my arse. More like Cheap Skank Mary...

[Edited on 8/12/2004 by Clown]
  • Walking on thin ice.

God is a God of vengance not happiness - just a little reminder.
  • ...........how I laughed.

You tight-arsed christians wouldn't have clue what you believe in, would you?

Jesus, Mary and Joseph had faces and bodies. No-one got around to painting them for several hundred years so all images are completely speculative. The artist has shown a great deal of insight by causing people to look a lot more closely at the nativity scene than they ever would have. As an advertising message for the christian club, it is brilliant.

Love this quote from the Vatican:

"And it becomes worse, if that were possible, if the people may be of questionable moral standing,"

Ergo from now on, all reproductions of Mary Magdellan are banned. Effing hypocrits.

Quig, if God is a vengefull bugger (and really, that is yet another interpretation) then you want to hope that Jesus was the messiah, and not some snake-oil salesman, cause he might just get a little pissed-off with the Jesus club followers.

Always loved that line in the sketch where Rowan Atkinson is playing the devil and organising the new arrivals. "Christians? Where are the Christians? Ah.....there you are. Well I'm afraid the Jews were right after all..................
  • You just moved yourself up the list mister.
  • What list?

Oh, you must mean the list of people not prepared to accept the salughter of millions so that others will think the way they do.
  • No - the volunteer sheet for the next Inquisition. I'm in charge.

I thought it would hard to find a more cush job then I have now but ...
  • I thought Mel Brooks had that job booked?
  • eehehe, lease, you're always amusing to me when you speak about religion, I would never miss a post of yours, you're a kind of archetype.

And moreover this time I agree with you here and there!!!

1) Beckahm and Posh... I already said it, who gives a s*, I don't think the issue is worth a word, and the Vatican should think of something else.

2)
    he might just get a little pissed-off with the Jesus club followers.
    For sure He is already.

3) Mary Magdalen, what are you talking about?
    I'm afraid your kwnoledge of the scriptures is based on the gospel according to mel gibson:o;)
    It is not written in any part of the scriptures that the magdalen
    was the character you're referring to.

(take a look to the Bible, you'll find lots of inspiration for your anti-christian posts, but at least they'll be a little more informed) ;):angel:
  • Always loved that line in the sketch where Rowan Atkinson is playing the devil and organising the new arrivals. "Christians? Where are the Christians? Ah.....there you are. Well I'm afraid the Jews were right after all..................
    sounds like that scene from Southpark
    [Hell, waiting area. Many souls are there, wondering where they are, and why.]
    Speaker: Hello, newcomers, and welcome. Can everybody hear me? [taps the mic a few times] Hello? Can everybuh-? Okay. [the crowd quiets down] Uh, I'm the hell director. Uh, it looks like we have about 8,615 of you newbies today, and for those of you who are a little confused, uh, you are dead, and this is hell, so, abandon all hope and uh yada yada yada. Uh, we are now going to start the orientation process, which will last about-
    Man 4: Hey, wait a minute, I shouldn't be here. I wa a totally strict and devout Protestant! I thought we went to heaven!
    Hell Director: Yes, well I'm afraid you were wrong.
    Soldier: I was a practicing Jehovah's Witness. Hell director: Uh, you picked the wrong religion as well.
    Man 5: Well, who was right? Who gets into heaven?
    Hell Director: I'm afraid it was the Mormons. Yes, the Mormons were the correct answer.
    Crowd: [disappointed] Awww.

• Salvo - Lease is writing his own ticket to the pit, forever..........as one of my Jesuit teachers used to put it.

Its cool. My God is a vengeful one. If I'm right and I prepare correctly then I win.

If I'm wrong and he is actually kind then I win.

• I especially liked this:

"Tony Blair, George W. Bush and the Duke of Edinburgh star as The Three Wise Men."

:D
  • I wonder what kind of gift Bush is bringing.
  • There is something in his hand! is that a remote control?

hmmm!;)
  • the third guy should have been silvio

• Has no one noticed they got the casting for the angel right?:D
  • Mother and Magdalen as One

"I am the honored one and the scorned one.
    I am the whore and the holy one.
    I am the wife and the virgin.
    I am the mother and the daughter."
    (A, p. 55-6)

Four pieces of Gospel evidence strongly point to Mary Magdalen as a temple priestess of the Goddess. The first is her title "Magdalen," almost identical to "Magdala," noted earlier to be the name of the triple-towered temple of the Goddess Mari-Anna-Ishtar (D). Literally, "Mary of the Magdala" signifies "Mary of the Goddess Temple." Christian tradition has said that Mary is of the town "Magdala" or "Migdal," which was known as "The Village of Doves," a place where sacred doves were bred for the Goddess temple (F). In either case, two threads of strong symbolism link the name Magdalen to contemporary Goddess worship.

Next, Mary is known as a prostitute, just as the Goddess priestesses were titled "Sacred Prostitutes," although a more recent and accurate translation titles them "Sacred Women" or "hierodulae" (B, p. 29). Such prostitutes were considered evil by Jewish leaders of the time. That Jesus/Yeshua would associate with such a woman would indeed invoke the scorn of his disciples, as is recorded in the New Testament.
    St. Mary Magdalen
    The Papess II
    Tarot of the Saints

Thirdly, Mary Magdalen is identified in Mark and Luke as the woman who was possessed by seven demons, which Yeshua cast out of her. The seven demons were a symbolic part of a temple ritual known as "The Descent of Inanna," one of the most ancient ceremonies known, recorded in the Epic of Gilgamesh (G). This ritual was known to be practiced in the Jerusalem temple of Mari-Anna-Ishtar (D,E,F *).

The last, and perhaps strongest, piece of evidence is the anointing of Yeshua with the sacred oil, an event which (uncharacteristically) was recorded in all four New Testament Gospels, pointing to its significance. The anointing of the Jesus' head with oil (as described in Mark 14:3-4) is an unmistakable symbol of The Sacred Marriage, a ceremony performed by temple priestesses (B).

No Salvo, I'm happy with my interpretation of questionable morals.
  • Cheers Lease

As you well know what you pointed out is nothing but a theory that is not universally accepted by the biblists.
    You and Mel Gibson are among those who like it (it must be popular in Australia, I guess;))
    BTW, the second point
    Mary is known as a prostitute
    is a matter of tradition, not in the scriptures (I feel so protestant to point such a thing:o:hehe:) and the fourth episode you quoted is not referred to Mary Maddalena, but simply to "a woman".
    If you (as others) want to think that was the Magdalen, ok, as you like best.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your post. I did appreciate.
  • Someone destroyed the "nativity tableau" ("presepe" is nicer).
    It looks it was a guy, who didn't appreciate.

Quig, where were you?
  • Where was I supposed to be?
  • Now I get it Salvo - nope, sorry but I can't take credit for it but the guy certainly has balls.

God works in mysterious ways.