Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Qualifying

FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
QUALIFYING

With the agreement of the competing teams and the Formula 1 Commission, the FIA World Motor Sport Council has changed Formula One qualifying, starting with the European Grand Prix this coming weekend. The new qualifying procedure will be:

- one qualifying session only from 13.00 to 14.00 on Saturday;

- single lap qualifying with race fuel under parc fermé conditions (as 2004);

- running order to be reverse of finishing order of previous race (ie winner of last race goes last).

Comments

• Don't like it.. rather have the old quali back.. alltough it's not the best quali-type for Minardi, (in the new situation, a freak incident can cause to even be on pole) the old qualifying was a lot more exciting.. to me.

[Edited on 24/5/2005 by printscreen]
  • so now they just run less ...
    and we never see the cars running competitively on fresh rubber and low fuel again.
    is this F1?
  • By now Max and Bernie must know they've made a mistake.. the old qualifying was the best.. but we all know M & B.. they never admit to be wrong.. :(
  • A wet but drying session no longer has the possibilty of being our friend unless we start finishing races.
  • a dry into wet could be interesting though
  • A wet but drying session no longer has the possibilty of being our friend unless we start finishing races.
    How important is it for Minardi to gain some places on the starting grid, when the only reason for it would be weather conditions??
    When we don't have the speed and reliability in the race (IF we start the race...) then our nice starting positions will soon be replaced by the routine of closing the field.

A new qualifying is interesting for teams that are fighting closely and we are not (yet) in that position.
  • Who cares f we qualify high !!!

Look at Monaco: the only cars we can keep behind are the Jordan's.
    If there are other cars behind us (and the Jordans), then they will pass us in the first few laps !!!!!!!
  • Minardus agrees with me !
  • I hate this move back to the one lap time. There must be a better way ????????????????????????
  • There is... how 'bout they pay me a shitload of money and i just roll a couple of dice?

:D