Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Pastor Maldonado

It looks like he got himself in a little bit of trouble at monaco:

http://www.crash.net/uk/en/news_view.asp?cid=7&nid=111364

Unless they reverse that ban then his F1 dreams are over.

Comments

• I hope the teams may substitute the drivers.
    I'm going to Valencia the 5th of June and I really want to see a 30-car grid!!!!!!
  • Sounds like there wont be any drivers left by the end of the season.
    But what Maldonado did sounds inexcusable!
  • According to Pastor and the driver behind him, there were no visible yellows.

Renault is set to drop him from RDD for the incident.
  • I wonder if GCM will want him back, after he bailed on us !!!!
  • I don't think he bailed, I think it was a matter of money.
  • So, he bailed for money !!!;)
  • According to the article below. He did see the yellow flags albeit very late. As a result he has been banned from racing in Monaco for life.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/4578667.stm
  • Ouch, I didn't realise the marshall was so badly injured.

Very bad mistake to make:(
  • Thats gotta hurt, but Im surprised it doesnt happen more often to be honest.
  • I can't remember the last time, before Albers' spin last weekend, when I saw a single F1 driver slow down becuase there was a local yellow.
    Hardly fair that the only time they ever bothing punishing someone is when someone else gets hurt.

Several years ago, the cheif steward at a race track in Aus disqualified every single competitor in a Formula Ford race for ignoring yellow flags after a stern lecture about it at the earlier driver's breifing.
    Thats more like it.
  • Did you catch the "Are Yellows in F1 a farce?" thread at Atlas, Panda? I must have a sixth sense, having started it. :(
  • Can't say i did. Got a link?
  • Would be interesting to see some of the resposnes if you bumped that thread with the details of Maldonado's indicent and ban, and suggest that it could have just as easily happened to Raikkonen...
  • Raikkonen came to mind. However, I'm not prepared for the backlash if I did so.

Also interesting to note that 3 GP2 drivers have been given penalties for setting their best quali times under yellows.
  • I was looking on the net today to prepare my visit to next Sunday's race in Valencia and found out this:
    …guest starring Formula 1!

The World Series by Renault meetings will give spectators a unique opportunity to admire a Renault F1 car in action. Franck Montagny and Heikki Kovalainen, test drivers for the Renault F1 Team, will take to the track on Saturdays and Sundays for an roaring demonstration of horsepower and decibels.
    Young and old alike will also be able to get involved in the action, thanks to a range of activities, such as the pit-stop challenge or the driver simulators.
    Great!!!!! I didn't imagine I would get to hear actual F1 cars there !!!!!! Renault are doing a great job on bringing racing to the people !!!!!

Better yet:
    World Series by Renault, it’s for everybody… and it’s free!

Dedicated children’s areas, concerts organized in the paddock area, ‘road safety’ workshops, autograph sessions, access to both the pit lane and the start grid: there is a host of exclusive attractions and activities offered to spectators, who simply won’t have a minute to be bored! And best of all, all of this is completely free, for everybody, for the whole weekend! All you need to do is pick up an invitation from any Renault dealership or from one of Renault’s partners.
  • What a great day it was yesterday !!!!

There was some great racing and also other stuff:
    An exhibition of classic renault cars like the Renault R01 and R24, Williams-Ranault car that drove Prost and the one that drove Villeneuve as well as the 1995 Benneton-Renault that drove M$ !!!!!!

The pommies that want to go to Donnington can download free tickets here: http://www.renault-sport.fr/en/world_series/invitations.php