Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Nürburgring; Friday free practice sessions

It's a little over one hour to first practice session.

As ever in the Eifel mountains weather plays an important role. This time of year is usually cold and rainy. Weather forecasts, however say temperature is going to be 29 degrees Celsius today, followed by 31 degrees tomorrow, 32 on Saturday and 26 on Sunday. But there is a chance of thunderstorms on Saturday and Sunday.

Last years pole position time: 1:28,351 (MS)
Lap record (2004): 1:29,468 (MS)

Our last year race times:

Zsolt: 1:34,666
Bruni: 1:35,555

[Edited on 27/5/2005 by Walker]

Comments

• European GP - Minardi Cosworth - Preview
    --------------------------------------------------

"Minardi Cosworth head to the European Grand Prix at Nurburgring in a positive frame of mind after showing good pace with its still relatively new PS05 last weekend at Monaco. Both Patrick Friesacher and Christijan Albers managed to out-qualify nearest rivals Jordan Toyota but on race day that potential was not fulfilled."

"Friesacher lost control of his Minardi under braking at the exit of the tunnel and clouted the Armco while Albers spun in the race causing a Safety Car period, eventually finishing a distant 14th, five laps down. This weekend the team will be hoping to use their pace demonstrated at Monaco, to race and finish ahead of their nearest rivals."

"Historically Minardi have had mixed fortunes at Nurburgring with Gaston Mazzacane finishing in eighth in 2000, while current Ferrari test driver finished sixth for the Minardi team in 1999. Last year Gianmaria Bruni and Zsolt Baumgartner finished 14th and 15th respectively at the 5.148 KM circuit, positions the team will be aiming to beat this Sunday."

"The key this Sunday for Minardi, like some other teams as well, will be to look after their Bridgestone rubber to ensure that the grip remains for both drivers throughout the 60-lap European Grand Prix."
    --------------------------------------------------
    f1-LIVE.com
  • Is there any site where i can follow the results live? Thanks!
  • Sure. Go to

http://www.formula1.com

On the main page you'll see "Official live timing".

[Edited on 27/5/2005 by Walker]
  • Thanks a lot Walker!

I thought it was going to start in 25 minutes, but the site says 1 hr 25 mins...
  • Did you convert it to local time ? There's a converter.

It should start in 23 minutes...
  • Heads up guys, live timing requires registration now!

1 hour and 15 minutes to go. :)
  • Thanks, I now registered. But guess what ? I just realized I can't download Java Plug or any other programs to my work computer. Someone has changed my computer settings. :spank:

• That's a bummer. :(
  • Thanks, I now registered. But guess what ? I just realized I can't download Java Plug or any other programs to my work computer. Someone has changed my computer settings.
    Maybe you can manually turn off your fire-wall, download the plug-in, and turn your firewall on again?!
  • if he tried that where i work.. he'd be out of a job instantly..
  • I have registered for the live timing but not had an email through yet - anybody else still waiting??
  • The e-mail comes instantly. Maybe you have to try again.
  • finally it arrived - just secs before timing begins
  • We have NO 3rd driver today !!!!:(

Livetiming:
    http://www.formula-1.updatesport.com/live/
  • I've registerd but Im still waiting for email reply :rolleyes:
    Let us know what going on

[Edited on 27/5/2005 by JumpeySpyder]
  • Thanks Minardus !!
  • Monteiro 2 secs behind Montagny :)
    Pat's time is 1.40.302
    Montagny 1.39.111
    Monteiro 1.41.140
    Albers 1.41.001

Our two drivers ahead of Monteiro!
  • Pat: 1.38.969
    Montagny: 1.38.642
  • Monteiro 0.4 s. ahead of Pat :(
  • Now Monteiro is 1.6 ahead of Pat and 2.5 ahead of Albers :(
  • Kart 0.4 worse than Albers, 1.1 worse than Pat.
  • Friesacher: +5.697 sec
    Albers: +6.592 sec

:(
  • Pat 1:38,149
  • Jordan-Minardi positions:

Monteiro + 4.2
    Montagny + 5.2
    Friesacher + 5.3
    Karthikeyan + 5.9
    Albers + 6.2
  • We are behind the three Jordans! :(

But all of them ran more laps than any Minardi.
    This sounds bad...
  • Albeeeeers!!!! In the last lap did a better time than Karth and Montagny! There is hope left! And Friesacher has been better than Montagny!

[Edited on 27/5/2005 by siriwan]
  • Woohoo :P

It's a very, very close fight with the Jordans
  • Session 1 ended:

Wurz fastest.

Our boys did a fast (low-fuel?) lap in the end and came in front of KKeyan and Montagny !!!!:D

Bar and Renault didn't drive any timed laps !!!!

Btw, how come that Monteiro was so fast today????

[Edited on 27/5/2005 by Minardus]
  • We are on the same times of Jordan. It's good, don't forget where we used to be in the first races. And we're not that far away from Red Bull, and this means that Faenza people did a good job on the car.
  • Progress is progress so it looks like the guys are improving the cars.

Bit worried that we are still running less laps than Jordan (anyone got the numbers?) surely we need all the testing we can get, even with the engine rules?