Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Nürburgring; Friday free practice sessions

Comments

• Monteiro has spun and killed his Toyota engine, !!!!:spank:

:D:D:D
  • Pat hasn't started to run yet...

So Monteiro will be last!
    Montagny is learning how to drive the Jordan and is running fast now.
  • Montagny is about 2,5 sec faster than Albers :rolleyes: :(

[Edited on 27/5/2005 by Linus]
  • Albers back on track - but yellow flag out - Webber lost back end and is stuck in the Kitty litter
  • :D
    Albers goes ahead of Monteiro and Karthikeyan with a 1:35:946
  • Go Albers !!!

Hes just shave off 6 tenths 1:35:311 and gone ahead of JV
  • Albers goes quicker than Jaques, and only 2 tenths behind Sato
  • Monteiro is back out and hes gone faster than Albers
    :(

Only 15 minuytes to go and still no sign of Pat friesacher
  • Where is Friesacher??? :(
  • Karthikeyan stopped in sector 2, anyone knows what happened?
  • Karthikeyan has stopped
    albers is out for a 3rd stint
  • Narain spun in the gravel.
  • Here comes Paddy
  • Friesacher goes with 10 minutes left :rolleyes:
  • # 14:54Liuzzi is off the circuit, it looks like an expired Cosworth engine.
    # 14:53Montagny in the Jordan moves up to 15th with a 1:34.090.
    # 14:52Friesacher is finally out there in his Minardi.
    # 14:47There is something wrong with the differential or transmission as one wheel is going and the other one is not.
    # 14:46Karthikeyan is off the circuit and looks to be done, he's still in the car though. He lost it going wide and went through the gravel trap and it just stopped. He's getting a tow from one of the marshalls.
    Heidfeld stopped at the end of pitlane: no fuel????

Pat half a sec behind Albers.
  • "# 14:54Liuzzi is off the circuit, it looks like an expired Cosworth engine"

This seems more worrying, don't think theres been one so far this year, but at least someone else to the back of the grid
  • Session over:

Wurz and Zonta fastest.
    Fastest RACE driver: Heidfeld 1:31.813
    17. Montagny 1:34.090
    20. Monteiro 1:34.702
    22.Albers 1:35.311
    23. Friesacher 1:35.791
    24. KKeyan 1:36.701
  • Ahead of Karthikeyen, let's hope we can stay there for the rest of the season :)
    We have NO 3rd driver today !!!!:(
    Captain Obivous to the rescue! :P

There has been no news or announcement that would have us expect a third driver this weekend (or Monaco, for that matter). So why make a point of noting this at every GP?

• [quote]We have NO 3rd driver today !!!!:(

There has been no news or announcement that would have us expect a third driver this weekend (or Monaco, for that matter). So why make a point of noting this at every GP? [/quote]

To point out how obvious it is we should have someone in the damn car?
  • [quote]
    [quote]We have NO 3rd driver today !!!!:(

There has been no news or announcement that would have us expect a third driver this weekend (or Monaco, for that matter). So why make a point of noting this at every GP? [/quote]

To point out how obvious it is we should have someone in the damn car? [/quote]

Zsolt!
  • You know that. I know that all he needs is the cash
  • BACK IN ACTION

NURBURGRING, GERMANY, May 27, 2005 – After a break of five days, Formula One teams were back in action today, preparing for Sunday’s Grand Prix of Europe, at the Nurburgring. Last weekend’s action-packed Monaco Grand Prix may not have yielded a notable race result for the Minardi F1 Team and drivers Christijan Albers and Patrick Friesacher, but the Faenza squad nonetheless departed the famous Principality encouraged by both the improved performance and the reliability of the Minardi Cosworth PS05, introduced at last month’s San Marino Grand Prix. The 5.148-km Nurburgring circuit provides a very different set of technical challenges from the tight confines of the Monaco track, but after today’s two practice sessions, the Minardi entries again showed themselves capable of running at a strong pace. Unfortunately, Friesacher lost much of the second session when a hydraulic system problem necessitated a complete change of the gearbox assembly. When he did eventually get on track, however, a combination of traffic and yellow flags meant he lost the opportunity to set what should have been his best lap of the day. Albers, by comparison, enjoyed two trouble-free sessions, working through his intended programme and making steady progress.

CHRISTIJAN ALBERS Best lap: 1 min 35.311 secs Position: 22nd
    “Primarily, we worked on the set-up today, but there’s still quite a bit to do, as I’m not completely happy with the way the car is responding at the moment. We’ll look at the data, make some changes overnight, and aim to improve some more tomorrow.”

PATRICK FRIESACHER Best lap: 1 min 35.791 secs Position: 23rd
    “I’m quite disappointed, because we lost nearly the whole of the second session today. I only managed to do five laps in the end with new tyres, so that was quite difficult. We’ll just have to work on it for tomorrow and aim to get as much track time as possible in the morning.”

PAUL STODDART, Team Principal, Minardi Cosworth
    “Despite Patrick losing most of the second session due to a damaged wiring loom and a clutch problem, overall, we’re relatively pleased by today’s performance at a track that we felt would not necessarily suit our car at an early stage in its development. That said, to end the day between the Jordans, and within a respectable distance of Sauber and Red Bull Racing, is highly encouraging indeed. Hopefully, tomorrow we can work on reliability and set-up for what we hope will be an exciting race on Sunday.”

- Ends -

Chassis allocation – 2005 Grand Prix of Europe
    Friesacher (No 20) PS05/02
    Albers (No 21) PS05/01
    Spare car (Albers) PS05/03

• Must say that I am a little surprised at the times. I thought that Monaco may have been a bit flattering on the car, but they seem to have carried the progress through.

We can forget Montagny's times as he had six sets of fresh rubber to run and no doubt, not much fuel each time.

So the PS05 seems to be honestly on terms with the Jordan and if it keeps improving, who knows?

The other interesting thing is that Jordanski have been improving as well. The times to the mid-field really look to be shrinking. If the team can maintain that improvement and get some reliability along with it, then a points finish becomes a distinct possibility.

One thing is for sure, there isn't any moaning in this place about embarassment over times, and that's gotta be good.

I miss Matt.
  • Just reading through the race reports now and noticing that we're not mentioned once for a spin or off, while the Jordan drivers' names are everywhere. Things are certainly looking up.
  • How are Jordan doing those times? I still don't get it, that car was an evil handling dog last year, and all they've done is hack it about a bit to take the 05 aero rules and the Toyota. Now they are up there with Red Bull and Sauber.
  • I'm pretty sure we're looking at a difference in strategies.. I Jordan are on 3 stops and ourselves on 2 then we will be able to overtake NK when he pits, even if he maintains a 1.2 second/lap advantage.
  • Jordan won't be able to run a third car on Friday on Canada due to a ban by the FIA; they used more tyres than they were authorised to.
  • ALBERS!!!!!
  • Chris was laying down FAT lap after FAT lap at the end. They must have nailed that setup finally.

Here's to qualifying.