Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Canada

Yesterday early I got an email from a friend on the Team - they are in Canada.

Look out Montreal - remember Wednesday night is the huge MCM event.

We want pictures!

Comments

• Quig, are you going to Indy for the GP?
    We should celebrate the anniversary of Zsolt's legendary point. Hopefully with another 2 points!

[Edited on 7/6/2005 by manlio27]
  • We will forward them to RJ as soon as possible..... I am not to compter savy to upload them! Hopefully Patrick and Christijan will attend.

Pray for good weather!!!!!!
  • Manilo - not me but just shy of 20 MCSF will be there.

I had to sell a few bikes to make the Imola trip happen as it was.

Worth every penny though.
  • Unfortunately I won't be able to attend the Wednesday night karting event, but I will be there Fri-Sat-Sun and hopefully will get some good pics!

It's been stinkin' hot here the last week or so. and supposed to be the same for the race, with a chance of intermittent thunderstorms. Should be interesting, consiering this is a minardi track.

http://www.cbc.ca/weather/conditions.jsp?station=YUL
  • From F1.racing-live.com:
    Looking to challenge Jordan once again
    Canadian GP - Minardi Cosworth - Preview

Paul Stoddart was happy with Minardi’s qualifying performance at the European Grand Prix, but less than impressed with the team’s race performance in which Christijan Albers and Patrick Friesacher finished at the tail of the field, two and three laps down respectively.

It was especially disappointing for the team and Friesacher who had managed to out-qualify the Jordan Toyota of Narain Karthikeyan but suffered gearbox and handling problems in the race itself, while Albers was only a tenth of a second shy in qualifying and suffered a drive through penalty in the race. However, the team did manage to score a double finish with the PS05 for the first time.

Heading to Montreal, the team are however looking to back on terms with its nearest rival and while points may be out of the question baring some luck, the team will be looking for a more competitive showing than at Nurburgring.

Last year Zsolt Baumgartner finished tenth for the team in Canada, albeit four laps down on race winner Michael Schumacher. Marc Gene, now Ferrari’s second test driver, finished eighth for the team in 1999, while Giancarlo Fisichella and Luca Badoer secured the same position in 1996 and 1995.
  • There was also some optimism at Minardi with Jos Verstappen in ninth place
    ...and let's not forget Jos' 15th spot in 2003 on the startinggrid - infront of the highly rated Giancarlo Fisichella - ending ninth just outside valueable points...
  • Stoddie speaks:
    Minardi eye stronger spell

Minardi is hopeful of a good showing in the American F1 double header. Team owner and boss Paul Stoddart said: "They're races in which we've shown well. "And we are making progress with the new car."

The Faenza based squad recorded the PS05's first double finish a fortnight ago.

Stoddart also praised the accompanying 'TJ2005' Cosworth V10, a development of which will be Minardi's rev-limited design next season. "We can't praise highly enough the power, driveability and reliability of the engine," the Aussie said.