Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

It's that time again...

Oran Park Rnd 3 – Free Practice

The more things change…

Round 3 of the NSW Formula Vee championships are on this weekend, with the ForzaMinardi.com Aurora again fielding it's new 'B' spec FV001 chassis for Adam Brook. (Brooksey to you guys :P) The new car differs from the older spec FV001, with new front suspension, and a slightly more powerful engine upgrade. I spent the morning session acclimatizing to the new car and getting to grips with Oran Park's tricky layout, which places a premium on effective braking and chassis balance, as well as good traction out of corners. Throughout the morning sessions we concentrated on chassis tuning and engine development, before focusing on a suitable setup for qualifying tomorrow morning.

ADAM BROOK

Position: N/A
Time: 1 min 22.77secs Chassis: FV001/01

"I was disappointed early on with the lack of pace from the up spec car. The cold weather and high winds made driving difficult, and I was never able to stamp out a clean, traffic-free lap. I can’t say I’m completely satisfied with all aspects of the car’s behavior, but all things being considered, I think we did a reasonable time today. My main hope for the weekend is to get Aurora's first Championship top 10 finish, and continue our 100% reliability record. This is one thing I’m very proud of. Having never built, owned or even driven a Formula V before taking on the Aurora project, I think it’s pretty amazing to be almost on the pace of the established runners, on a fraction of the budget whilst building it all ourselves. It’s much like Minardi in Formula 1! Give us time, and I think soon enough we may move up to challenge for top 5 positions and maybe podium finishes."

Race times can be seen tomorrow at www.natsoft.com.au

Comments

• Ooooh, you beaut. Forza Brooksey.
  • Good luck Brooksey:D
  • Good luck Adam :D
  • seriously Brooksey, doing anyting on the last weekend of August? (27th and 28th)

See if you can talk your dad into coming up to run a round of the Qld Championships at Morgan Park.
    I'm gonna be there either way, but it would be cool to have someone i know to cheer on :D
  • All the best mate - May the wind be always at your back!
  • Qualifying/Race One

A red flag interrupted qualifying session saw ForzaMinardi.com Aurora driver 'Brooksey' line up 18th of the 35 runners for race one of the NSW Formula V championship at Oran Park Raceway. I initially complained of the track surface to be oily, and traffic throughout my session prevented us from setting any great lap times. Race one was stopped after a red flag incident. A re-start saw Brooksey drop to 19th before moving up to 15th by races end. Local weather forecasts continue to predict rain in the Narellan area, meaning Formula V fans may be in for some exciting racing tomorrow!

ADAM BROOK

Position: N/A
    Time: 1 min 22.57secs Chassis: FV001/01

"Qualifying was a total disaster for us today! No running in the morning meant a bit of guess work with the fuel mixtures come qualifying, and an experimental switch to race fuel made things worse. I had a misfire in low revs which slowed us down alot, on top of an already slower engine so to be 18th isn't too bad considering. Qualifying and race one were both interrupted by red flags, which was a little frustrating, but I feel our race pace is comparable with a few of the people in front of us, and hope to move further up the grid tomorrow morning."

• pictures, pictures, pictures...
  • I took some on one of the competitors digital video camera, most in the pitlane of the car, chassis, our pit setup (3 cars under the one roof with a large transporter :cool: ) etc. When he e-mails me the pics i'll send you the final race report. Turned out to be a pretty good one too!