Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

A podium maybe???

Comments

• ...the money I sunk into this weekend and accept the fact that the petulant children that run this sport were unable to let everyone play in the sandbox together.
    Now you're getting somewhere: Focused anger
    Not this fuck this, fuck that, fuck you bullshit.
    Focus on the cause, not the effect.
  • Have you seen any of the other MCSFers?
    I stopped a couple guys in Minardi gear here and there, but no one was from the club, and I never saw anyone carrying the flag during the weekend.

Clown: I'll admit that I was irrational at first, but I really needed to vent. My intent was not to offend.

[Edited on 6/19/2005 by ThunderboltSeven]
  • That's really f*cking easy to say from the seat of your armchair. If you spent the vacation time and money to go to a GP and this happened, you would be irate whether or not it helped the cause.
    Sure as hell I would, of course. I'm not saying that you shouldn't be pissed off, you have every right to be angry. However, as a Minardi fan, I'm more satisfied after a race that ends in Minardi scoring points than after a race where the team finishes 19th and 20th.

The end justifies the means, from my point of view. Of course, in general, this is pure poison for the sport. However, that's something for Max to put into his pipe and smoke it.
    However, if you found yourself in this situation and were pleased by it, maybe you should consider playing more Grand Prix 4, where you can race six-car grids to your heart's content. Leave the actual racing to the actual fans of the sport.
    Who appointed you to be the supreme judge regarding who is an 'actual fan' and who isn't? Who are you to say how I should feel after a race like this? Fact of the matter is, Minardi scored points and I enjoyed. Don't feel a tad bit guilty, either.

You and everyone else on this board is cheering Tobacco Trademark Booze "racing" against Consumer electronics Car Manufacturer. Then, when for a moment it becomes evident that the Formula One consists of 1% racing and 99% of business, everyone is surprised and angered.

This is a dog eat dog sport. I'm just happy that by an Act of God, the little dog finally takes a bite out of the big dog.
    Aside from that, this is Indiana we're talking about, not exactly the class of the American population. And not everyone who was throwing litter were from this country, I can assure you of that.
    The nationality or the socioeconomic class of the people throwing stuff on the track is hardly relevant; you just appeared to condone their actions in the way that Hamas condones suicide bombings - "Of course this is a sad event, but you have to take into account the frustration of...". I'm sorry if I was mistaken regarding your feelings.
  • Thanks for the sensible reply, Driver. I accept that we'll agree to disagree on some of the points you brought up, you're more than entitled to your opinions.
  • I said this to 4eva during the race is that say at 10 laps theres a big smash that wipes out all but 6 cars, ppl would be calling it a good, exiting race!!!!!!
  • Look, there are idiots all over the world, I don't remember thinking 'those English are all a bunch of morons' because some dummy ran out onto the track a couple of years ago, I haven't even brought up European rally fans or soccer fans.

How exactly does this help Minardi, the team is farther behind Jordan than before the race, sub-garbage points or not. All this did was highlight the incredible slowness of the cars.

Thunderbolt- My first thought when the grid pulled in was 'Holy Shit those guys paid at a minimum $900-$1000 for passes and hotel for THAT!!!!' I actually thought the crowds response was quite restrained considering the ease with which the situation could have been resolved with all teams taking part.
  • Thanks for the sensible reply, Driver. I accept that we'll agree to disagree on some of the points you brought up, you're more than entitled to your opinions.
    Thanks. I hope the tickets are refunded. Wouldn't compensate for the time and other expenditure lost, but at least it would be something.

With Ferrari preventing their drivers from racing against each other in the past and now this, F1 has in a couple of years pretty much destroyed any chance of attracting the intrest of Americans. They couldn't have done a worse job in promoting the sport even if they had tried to.
  • I just got this from an american visitor to the site
    Very good! You came prepared to race, and you did...The compitition starts
    before the driver ever gets in the car. Your people were ready with the right
    tires at the right time and the right place! I'm a Minardi fan now. good job
  • Thanks Driver and Clown for waiting it out until I calmed down a little, I appreciate you both handling my attitude with patience. Thanks for the support, dst. Sorry about snapping at you, chief. FM is still the best online F1 community, you've all managed to reinforce that in my mind.

Seriously now, I'm off. If anyone wants to talk to me, feel free to send an e-mail to brado (at) eden.rutgers.edu

Enjoy, folks.
  • Guys, just think. In 20 years time, which race will bring back memories and discussions and people getting angry and people talking about the sport.
    That's what it's about. I thought the race was better than many with a full grid, but if you were unfortunate to be there, you lost money - but not memories.
  • is 7 points the most Minardi have ever scored in 1 race?
  • We can't really take anything form the race as it was a complete farce!!! We really need to sort our race pace as the Jordans are still faster than us over race distance!!
  • is 7 points the most Minardi have ever scored in 1 race?
    Yes - our best season was 93 when we got a total 7 points

Christian Fittipaldi sored 5 points - 4th in SA and 5th in monaco
    Fabrizio Barbazza scored 2 points - 6th at the european GP and 6th at San Marino.

Off course that was under the old point system!!

[Edited on 19/6/2005 by JumpeySpyder]
  • About the "Race"

I smiled when the TOIT nearly collided!!:D

Im dissapointed we didnt beat the Jordanskis:(

Thank god we got both cars to the finish a DNF would have made things utterly depressing.

The question now is will BAR will get more points this year??
  • We can't really take anything form the race as it was a complete farce!!! We really need to sort our race pace as the Jordans are still faster than us over race distance!!
    Well hopefully this expensive test session will have helped Minardi better understand the car. Heres to a better race pace in France.

As an American F1 fan my interest in F1 has stayed the same, extremely high. I think Jordan should have kept to their agreement with the other 9, but Michelin royally screwed up this weekend. The FIA did give them options to use the new tires with penalties, but them and their teams chose not too.

This is comparable to the CART race a few years back at Texas Motor Speedway where the cars were experiencing extremely high g-forces and the race was canceled. Albiet CART isnt that great of a racing series to begin with, but they got over it and are still racing, may have lost fans though people still show up to their races. It will take a little while for F1 and some changes in rules before F1 in the US completely heals this wound.

This race doesn't change my plans to go to the Canadian GP next season, would go to the US also if I could afford to go to both.

[Edited on 19/6/2005 by Telstar]
  • What chance a class action from the fans?

They sue Tony George, who goes after Bernie, who goes after the FIA, who goes after the teams.
  • [quote]TB7: You making yourself look like an idiot that doesn't know shit about F1.
    The entire history of F1 is full of this sort of shit.
    Yes it sucks you're out of pocket, but welcome to life, which isn't fair.
    You're going to tell me that I don't know shit about F1? If that isn't the pot calling the kettle black, I don't know what is.

Nice asshole response, Clown. Congrats on being a dick when I have every reason to be outraged. [/quote]

That's such a good post. :hehe:

btw, I have absolutely no doubt that if the same thing had happened in Melbourne, far more crap would have been thrown onto the track than what happened at Indy. They were incredibly well behaved given the circumstances.

[Edited on 20/6/2005 by MinardiP1]
  • And had all this happened in Britain we would have far more whinging to contend with!

I really can't describe how utterly dissapointed I am that Minardi didn't make the podium today. It's the closest we have come to the top 3 since the glory days of 1989/90 and we missed out. Shame. :(
  • How hollow would that have been, Brooksey? I wouldn't have gained a moment's satisfaction out of us standing on a podium next to the dancing donkey's employees.

***** I would like to ask everyone a question - is the FIA's discretion applied fairly and consistently? Anyone remember Brazil 2003? To summarise:

In Brazil, Bridgestone didn't have the right tire for the conditions (sound familiar?). They brought intermediates, but the conditions ended up calling for full wets (which Michelin had brought). So what did the FIA do? In "the interests of safety," they changed the race format! They started the race behind the safety car and ran several laps that way, which effectively removed the standing water enough to get to a point where the Bridgestone cars could compete.

Is that also not a concession to tyre safety?
  • If the FIA and the teams all agree then they can make whatever rule they want.

At least Friesacher made it all the way to the end.

Actually the dice between Minardi and Jordan was fun until Albers pitted. Maybe some Privateer 10-lap Sprint idea can come out this...
  • dst, for clarification, the idiot on the track at Silverstone was Irish not English. He also fouled up the Olympic Marathon last year.
  • dst, for clarification, the idiot on the track at Silverstone was Irish not English. He also fouled up the Olympic Marathon last year.
    For God's sake!

Anyway, I join those who aren't overjoyed with these points. OK, Michelin f****d up and so the result is justified, but I like to see some glory in getting a good result. Just hoping that our drivers would get the cars over the finishline and that that gives us points doesn't make me very happy.
  • Yes, Biker, that's right, he was a defrocked Roman Catholic priest.

No, really.

If you want anymore details, let me know.
  • for all of the really sad amongst us: His name was Cornelius Horan
  • Yes, but known as 'Neil'.
  • Thats "Uncle Neil" to you Viges.
  • Just like last year, you can score as many points as you like, it doesn't count for squat if you're last.

Performance was crap, and we got a great big empty stage to prove just how crap. I feel sorry for our drivers.

I can't understand how any of you can take any pleasure at all from this. And as for comparing it to Silverstone '89, that is just insulting. Sacrilege, I say!
  • The only good thing to come out of this weekend is that we now have a lot more money. Hopefully Stoddie will spend this on a V8 Cosworth for next year, and put some towards a new car.
  • The only good thing to come out of this weekend is that we now have a lot more money. Hopefully Stoddie will spend this on a V8 Cosworth for next year, and put some towards a new car.
    How much cash does it mean for Minardi? As a direct result I mean.