Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Paul Stoddart's Comments

I really do not agree with Paul's stance on FIA. What on earth is he doing? The problem was a result of Michelin's tire and the teams using them di dnot prepare for this outcome. This is NOT a tire sport, but Formula 1. The FIA provided with a solution that the Michelin teams did not agree to. Why should Bridgestone teams be handicapped because the wwanted the chicane? Do you think that a Minardi use inferior equipment to Ferrari? Of course they do! Both our drivers brake a lot earlier than Ferrari's cars because they use better technology. Perhaps we can also complain and ask them to do the same as us! Come on!

Thanks, AST Computer

Comments

• Welcome AST.

I couldn't agree more but we seem to have two or three or four camps of opinion forming on this one!
  • What camp am I in. My position is this. Michelin f'd up BIG TIME and if we had not raced I'd have been seriosly pissed.
  • MCSF do you know I'm starting to love you! :)

Well done ... if wqe had not raced I would have been pissed myself!

and by the way...

!idranim azrof !engapmahc htiw yzzid llits ma I
  • MCSF do you know I'm starting to love you! :)
    But will you respect me in the morning?
  • Maybe
  • I agree 100% with Stoddart. I think it's been his finest hour. He was right to send the cars out to participate in the charade since Jordan decided to sink even lower than Ferrari.

However if they had not I'd agree with the decision to boycott even more strongly. As it is, with the only non-running teams being Michelin, it masks the underlying reasons for this entire episode.

The only benefit to the slowness of the cars is that it was Tiago up there embarrassing himself instead of a Minardi driver. He should have sat down with his back turned on the podium.

Sub-garbage points which should appear nowhere in any team published items without an asterisk and an explanation of the sorry episode. *Our closest rival had no spine so we felt obliged to pointlessly circle the track.
  • Welcome AST! Ya my thoughts on the debacle have changed. I was looking forward to a race on Sunday and I let ITV and PS trick me into believing who was the good guys and who the bad guys were. Minardi were right to race, no chicane should have been allowed and someone needs to be made accountable for this fuck up. So I agree with you. Interesting point brought to my attention - how the hell is F1 going to attract US investment now eh?
  • Stoddarts credibility hit a new low at Indy. He made a big spiel on ITV saying he and Jordan would not race. He then ends up racing and blames the decision on Jordan. Thats pure cack.
    If you don't want to race then don't. But be prepared to face the consequences. Firstly, irreparable dammage to the relationship with Bridgestone. Certain FIA sanction. What possible excuse could he give to the FIA court. Article 151c prevents teams from entering into prior agreements to manipulate a race result.