Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

It's getting a bit lonely in here...

As a private team, that is. Sauber will become BMW F1 by 2008.

:rolleyes:

Comments

• you have to see if F1 stilll exists by that year!!!!
  • F1 will still exist - it has been through hard times before.
  • well I suppose you just replace Sauber with Williams - they have always had an independent streak and it will be interesting to see if they go into another long term deal with another manufacturer
  • Not even, now Williams is a private team, always has been really.
  • In 2008 they will have all of Credit Suisse's shares, but I thought that already in 2006 the name Sauber would disappear !!!!!!!
  • I think you're all missing the point.

What will Matt think????:hehe:
  • Sauber becomes BMW as of January 2, 2006 from what I've read. Credit Suisse will stay on for 3 years because they are slowly selling shares to BMW. Peter Sauber will retain some shares and stay on in as a consultant.

My question is will Petronas stay on with BMW, move on to another team, or leave F1. Someone in Minardi needs to contact Petronas asap about this unless PEtronas has already stated what they are going to do an I havent seen it.
  • I think you're all missing the point.

What will Matt think????:hehe:
    Come on back Matt all is forgiven!
  • Matt who?

Anybody go over there and flame him just for kicks?
  • As a private team, that is. Sauber will become BMW F1 by 2008.

:rolleyes:
    Just think, of the 5 billion people in the world, we have virtually the only individual who owns a Formula One Team

And,... arn't we lucky its Paul, someone who at least has an interest in the sport!
  • Petronas will have to go, BMW has an agreement with Castrol.
  • Petronas will have to go, BMW has an agreement with Castrol.
    Castrol was only for lubricants, right???
    Petrobras was for fuel !!!
    of the 5 billion people in the world
    I thought there were 6 billion !!!!
  • At Williams, it was oil yes. Petrobas had a deal to supply Williams with their fuels. BMW is not binded to Petrobas though.
  • Petronas = Malaysian Oil giant pays for Sauber Ferrari engines

Petrobras = Brazilian fuel company
  • Yes, we know this.
  • of the 5 billion people in the world
    I thought there were 6 billion !!!! [/quote]

1 billion had mirrors
  • Stoddart is selling half of Minardi to Peter Sauber.
  • The third half? ;)

[Edited on 24/6/2005 by TasM]