Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

French-Friday thread

Can't load up the live timing, someone tell us what's happening?

Comments

• http://www.eurosport.com/home/pages/v4/l0/s25/e7206/live_lng0_spo25_evt7206_mtc112730.shtml
    1 K. Räikkönen McLaren 1:16.430 3
    2 P. De La Rosa McLaren 1:16.764 +0:00.334 13
    3 O. Panis Toyota 1:18.163 +0:01.733 12
    4 N. Karthikeyan Jordan 1:20.284 +0:03.854 7
    5 V. Liuzzi Red Bull 1:20.790 +0:04.360 6
    6 R. Doornbos Jordan 1:20.940 +0:04.510 7
    7 C. Albers Minardi 1:21.198 +0:04.768 6
    8 T. Monteiro Jordan 1:21.725 +0:05.295 5
    9 P. Friesacher Minardi 1:23.785 +0:07.355 6
    11:34 Tiago Monteiro gets it sideways coming into the final chicane, hits the second apex, throwing the Jordan into the air, breaking the rear suspension - he's slowly making his way back to the pits...
    11:37 Monteiro has parked his car and is enjoying a conversation with the marshals...
  • Shouldn't thid br called the "Freedom Friday" thread?
  • second practice is well under way friesacker has just put in a superb lap

Friesacher Minardi PS05B 1:18.814
  • albers not doing much running... but friesmaker ahead of three jordans and a red bull.

• Albers strikes back going ahead of Pat 1:18:508
    :)
  • A set (2) of airbox wings have re-appeared on the car. The airbox had been plain for a while, as the large, single winglet had disappeared.
  • Kimi blew his engine and will be demoted 10 places on Sunday's grid !!!

Some Team pics:
  • Very nice pics of both cars circulating together:D
  • From Faenza:

BACK ON COURSE

MAGNY-COURS, FRANCE, July 1, 2005 – After a two-week break, Formula One returns from the New World to begin preparations for the French round of the Formula One World Championship. Minardi F1 Team drivers Christijan Albers and Patrick Friesacher quickly got up to speed during today’s two free practice sessions on the 4.411-km Circuit de Nevers Magny-Cours. The track is generally tight and twisting, with effective vehicle downforce, plus good handling and traction, essential to competitive lap times. Today’s technical programme focused on finding a suitable set-up for the low- and medium-speed corners that abound at the French circuit, as well as on further improvements to the PS05 aerodynamic package. Technical staff were pleased with the data acquired, and look forward to making further progess tomorrow.

CHRISTIJAN ALBERS Best lap: 1 min 18.508 secs Position: 20th

“It’s a pity we lost some time during the second session because of a gearbox problem, which required it to be replaced. I have to say, however, that once again, the team has done a really fantastic job, which enabled me to get back on track quickly and register some consistent lap times before the end of the session. Unfortunately, I encountered some traffic on my last run, and therefore wasn’t able to discover the real limit of the car, but we have had a very productive day, testing a number of new components. Tomorrow is another day, and we will aim to make further progress.”

PATRICK FRIESACHER Best lap: 1 min 18.814 secs Position: 21st

“Generally, it has been a positive day. We had a good second session, and I feel we have definitely progressed with the car. I am confident there is still a margin of improvement, however, and we will certainly make the most of tomorrow’s two practice sessions to find the best set-up for the afternoon qualifying run.”

PAUL STODDART, Team Principal, Minardi Cosworth

“It’s good to be back doing what F1 teams should focus on, which is the racing. Both sessions today went reasonably well for Minardi, other than a gearbox change that had to be carried out on Christijan’s car during the second session. Once again, the mechanics did a fantastic job to make the switch in less than 20 minutes. It’s interesting to note that, despite this year’s new regulations designed to slow the cars, the Minardi Cosworth PS05 is a second quicker than its predecessor was here last year. We’re very pleased at the huge effort, both here at the track and back at the factory, that has generated this progress.”

- Ends -

Chassis allocation – 2005 Grand Prix of France
    Friesacher (No 20) PS05/02
    Albers (No 21) PS05/01
    Spare car (Albers) PS05/03
  • quig's just sitting next to his mail box like a terrier waiting for the press release to drop :-)
  • Funny thing is that this is from a Press officer I have never heard of.
  • At least we are catching the gear box problems in the practices now. Still having to many problems though.
  • yeah, i noticed it too, must be s.o. from the girls we saw in faenza
  • The rear wing end plates have sprouted the 'gills' that most everyone else has gone to using. A small development, but a good one.
  • Saturday practises:
    the first was wet and only 8 cars came out. Our cars were 6 and 7 sec off the pace !!!!!!!!!
    the second was dampand quickly drying up. Our cars were 3,3 sec. from the leader, but managed tostay 0,3 sec. ahead of the Jordan's !!!!!!!!!!! We were over a sec. behind the next team(s) though, Sauber and Williams.