Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

The Race in France

It ended and no thread ?????????

Alonso and Kimi drove superb races.
One or two laps more and M$ would have been lapped.

This time BStone were having problems with the left rear tyres.
Upsetting thing is that it happened to both OUR cars !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:spank:

Fisico had his usual share of bad luck: 1st pitstop the fuelling rig didn't work. In another stop he stalled the car.

The Williams' were shit.
They were really good at Monaco and Nürburg, but have fallen down since!!!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------

RUMBLINGS AT MINARDI:
Dutch TV commented that Pat still hasn't paid his next installment. He has time untill next Saturday.
If he doesn't pay by then, Silverstone might be his last race.
Zsolt has been with the team all weekend and Bas Leinders was present yesterday! Coincidence??????
I hope one of them gets the 3rd driver role !!!!

All this shit is not good for the team. It distracts from the important stuff: RACING!!!
It's can also bring more financial instability to our beloved team, because these drivers may bring less sponsormoney as Pat was supposed to do. And that may affect development of the PS05!!

Comments

• That BMW engine is a wholly reliable piece of shit.

I can't believe Williams could be adding so much new aero stuff - apparently 100 bits since Australia - and actually be going backwards of their own accord.

At least Heidfeld and Webber are equally bad, so they're either equally bad drivers, or just equally matched in a p.o.s. car.

:(

Fisichella is being made to look second-rate by Alonso. Putting aside the stall (likely his fault) and the fuel rig problem, he still got toasted by his teammate. :o

[Edited on 3/7/2005 by MinardiP1]
  • And that may affect development of the PS05!!!
    :hehe:
  • Friesacher is almost out, Baumgartner and Leinders are talking with Minardi, but the one who got the most chance to be in the Minardi is Robert Doornbos!!!!
    Doornbos is talking with Minardi at the moment and there is a big possibility that he will replace Friesacher.
    Then we have two dutch!
  • really?

Doornbos signs pre-contract with Minardi

Robert Doornbos is standing by to replace Minardi driver Patrick Friesacher at the German Grand Prix if the the Austrian fails to pay Minardi required sponsorship money before Saturday, F1Racing.net can report exclusively.

Doornbos' management has been in talks with the Minardi team for the past three months but has now signed a pre-contract with the Italian team. If Friesacher fails to pay in time we might see an all Dutch Minardi team at Hockenheim.

http://www.f1racing.nl/en/news.php?newsID=91504

• I hope Friesacher will stay cause Robert Doornbos is a really cocky guy!!
    He said some low thinks about Christijan in the begin of the season on his own website behind Chris his back, and also he said that if he would run for Minardi it wassen't good for Dutch autosports, in other words he thinks\thought that he is to good for Minardi!

Friesacher must stay!!!!

[Edited on 3/7/2005 by MinardiSquad]
  • My 'really' was directed at MinardiSquad feeling the need to point out that Doornbos was also Dutch. :rolleyes: :hehe:
  • According to F1Total.com, Minardi did not finish because our mechanics FORGOT to close the tyre-valves!
  • My 'really' was directed at MinardiSquad feeling the need to point out that Doornbos was also Dutch. :rolleyes: :hehe:
    Is Doornbos also Dutch?:hehe:
    I thought he was a beglium!:D
  • According to F1Total.com, Minardi did not finish because our mechanics FORGOT to close the tyre-valves!
    Smells like Bridgestone tire conspiracy to me...better call them before the World Council too!

Hey, at least the Minardis were men enough to run on the bum tires, unlike seven other teams I can name...
  • Err, are we talking dust caps or something more vital?

Do F1 tyres have dust caps? Surely not.
    yes, stoddart said that.
    Our strategical alliance with Michelin teams in Indy was such a great idea... :mad:

• OUT OF LUCK IN FRANCE

NEVERS MAGNY-COURS, FRANCE, July 3, 2005

The 2005 French Grand Prix, which marks the mid-point of the current Formula One season, did not turn out to be an auspicious event for the Minardi F1 Team. Drivers Patrick Friesacher and Christijan Albers both retired close to the halfway point of the race, Friesacher after 34 laps, when his left rear tyre deflated at the Adelaide corner, and Albers four laps later, when his car’s left rear tyre suffered the same fate, pitching him into a spin on the approach to the Estoril hairpin. Fortunately, the Dutch driver suffered nothing more than a grazed hand in the ensuing impact with the barriers. Subsequent investigation revealed that both incidents were due to tyre valve caps not being refitted during the previous pit stops.

PATRICK FRIESACHER

Time: 1 min 20.959 secs Chassis: PS05/02
    “The car was really nervous at the beginning of the race, and I couldn’t keep up the same speed as Christijan and the Jordans, even though I was pushing as hard as I could. I just couldn’t drive the car the way I normally would, but then the tyre deflated after my second pit stop, and that was it. We’ll be looking for some better luck at Silverstone”.

CHRISTIJAN ALBERS

Time: 1 min 21.077 secs Chassis: PS05/01
    “I was pleased with my start, as I overtook Patrick and Tiago Monteiro, and after that, I was able to pull away from my team mate, despite being on a different fuel strategy, and to stay ahead of Monteiro, even though he was pushing all the time. Unfortunately, I was losing a lot of time with oversteer at Turn 3, and the lap before I came into the pits, Monteiro was able to overtake me. Up to that point, and before the tyre problem, I had been pleased with my race pace, as I believe Jordan was also on a three-stopper today, and my lap times were almost the same as Karthikeyan’s. All we can do now is focus on Silverstone and aim for a better result there”.

PAUL STODDART, Team Principal, Minardi Cosworth

“It’s disappointing that both cars retired today as the result of the valve caps not being refitted to the left rear tyres after the drivers’ second pit stops. In co-operation with our tyre partner, Bridgestone, we will be investigating the issue further, to understand why it happened and to ensure there is no repeat of the problem. It’s a pity for both drivers, and in particular, for Christijan, who was having a good race with the Jordans before his retirement”.
    I can't believe this !!!!!
    Another pitstop problem. In Indy the pitstops were also troublesome.
    Heads have to roll.
    Or we have some mechanic that doesn't care about racing anymore, or he is an undercover spy for Jordan-Midland!!!!!!:mad:
  • Our strategical alliance with Michelin teams in Indy was such a great idea...
    What on earth does that have to do with some idiot forgetting a valve?

As it is, I'd hate to see what might happen at a stop with real pressure.

[Edited on 3/7/2005 by dst]
  • [quote]According to F1Total.com, Minardi did not finish because our mechanics FORGOT to close the tyre-valves!
    Smells like Bridgestone tire conspiracy to me...better call them before the World Council too!
    [/quote]

I think you might be right. They forgot both LEFT rear tyres, what a coincidence!
    I'm not very technical, but was this circuit extra demanding for the left tyres?

• I think you might be right. They forgot both LEFT rear tyres, what a coincidence!
    I'm not very technical, but was this circuit extra demanding for the left tyres?
    Same pit crew member :spank:

Minardi brainfade or Tyre problem - Not good as we actually had a race on our hands for a while there...

FW27 - What the? Nick's car is undrivable with a broken differetial and Webbo actually gets burns on his right hip that needs medical attention. Something is seriously wrong at Grove...

I NEVER thought I would say this but since Canada I've actuallt started to like JPM. The man is going through all that bad luck and he just keeps going. A few years ago he would have blamed everyone except himself, but to his credit, he has matured. Go Juan.
  • P1, you need to get off your anti-BMW trip. Yes their engine is not the most powerful on the grid. But do you really believe that its the weakest link in the Williams package. Williams brought a heavily revised aero package to Magny Couers and ended up being outperformed by Red Bull Racing, who use a less poerful Cosworth engine.
    BMW left Williams for a simple reason. Williams' Chassis technology is no longer up to scratch!
  • Albers said to Dutch tv station that BStone engineers forgot to place the valve caps, NOT team engineers.
    PS needs to have a good word with BStone !!!!!!!!!!
  • Actualy the Bridgestone engineer did''nt have time to put the valve back, the lollypopman had already sent the car out before he was ready.
  • Didn't seem to have any trouble on the right side. :rolleyes:
  • have you ever seen a MInardi pitstop ????
    There is only ONE Bstone engineer present !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • So does one Bstone engineer mean that you can blame the bloke on the left hand side.....

Seems kind of stupid to run a F1 team and not know how to let some air out of the tryres.

Surely if you are ging to be at the back of the pack the only way to get to the points is to be reliable and finish the bloody race!!
    :(
  • What I meant was that I saw pics from last Sunday's Minardi pitstops, where there was only 1 BStone guy present...........and he was positioned at the left rear side of the car !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • I finally got to watch the race last night - I was out of contact with any kind of TV all weekend - and I did see the b Stone man ONLY at the back left.