Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Imola, 24th of April

Comments

• Salvo is right, also because there is no hotel near the station in Faenza.
    Also would Faenze be cheaper than bigger/better known places like Bologna & Modena?
    I stayed in Faenza once and found it actually MORE expensive than Bologna or Modena.

And once you have to search for half an hour in the city centre to find a restaurant you know what place you are in... (yup, Faenza)

• OK Bologna it is then.
  • It's the best place to live in Italy.
  • i was told the same. it looks quite nice but I never stayed there for longer than three hours.
  • And public transport should be ok?

Sorry to be cynical but I'm used to the UK and I'm sure RJ will back me up.
  • Trains in that part of Italy (between Modena and Ancona) are A++++ and it is only a short walk from the station to the circuit
  • OK so thats a city sorted and transport to the race and hopefully factory.

What else do we need? Any news on your investigaions quig?
  • This is the kind of on the ground intel we need to make this thing go smoothly.

I will be on the phone to Faenza with my list of questions prob Wednesday morning.

Stand fast.
  • I forgot the big Italian asterix: If there is no general strike. But that should be known well in advance
  • Looking forward to meeting most of you during the Faenza/Imola week in April. There will be my wife & I and at least one couple from the MCSF colony located in Co. Kerry, Ireland. Since this will by our first trip to Italy, I've got a couple of questions about the oncoming visit to Imola........

1) My wife wants to spend a day or so in Florence.....easy to get to by train? How long is the trip?

2) Faenza easy to get to from Bologna?

3) As a photographer...... any suggestions for good areas at Imola one can get some decent pics with a 400mm lens?

That's all I can think of at this time....but I'm sure once my wife puts her mind to it...I'll be back asking you experts more questions.....

Murph
  • 1) Typical;) About three hours changing at Bologna.

2) Very

3) Wouldn't have a clue
  • Never went to Imola, but as far as i know, there are few places where you could have a very good view on the track.
  • Gang, I came down mighty sick last night and just woke up - will try and contact faenza but with all of the action going on...
  • I will try to get there this year
  • which tickets do we want? They are a lot cheaper than they used to be and there is a discount if you book before the 31st of Jan

http://www.imolacircuit.it/imma/11038131612.pdf
  • It's much cheaper than last year.

Gradinata Tosa Alta (terrace Tosa High) is the palce where you see half a track. It's the most expensive, but booking before 31st jan it's 170 euro for 2 days, not that much.

In Rivazza you see overtaking but you have a very poor view, while Tosa is high and you see the track from Tamburello till almost Piratella.

I'd say Terrace Tosa High.
    And let's book before 31st jan.

• i had another look at that pdf file: does it list all the grand stands?? I'm not sure it does?
  • Damn Euro's :(
  • No luck so far in talking to any of my contracts in Faenza. This is the holiday season and they are taking time while they can. I will try again tomorrow but more than likely they won't be back full time 'till next week.
  • So if we go for these Tosa high tickets, how close can we get to the track? also if there is the chance of a visit to the pits, are they easily accessable?

From the map it looks as if Imola is a fairly compact circuit (even with the gradients) so it looks as if it should be easier than trekking round Spa!!!!!

Definately book by 31st, every little saved is more to spend on vino:D

We just need to know how many people we're looking at, when this was first up for discussion, I seem to remember a lot more interest, wheer is everyone or did I dream it again?
  • if the team invites us for a sunday morning celebretions in the pits it would nice, wouldn't it?
  • Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Breakfast, lunch, dinner or post race I'm easy.

But that's not a bad idea if we can organise something for the team to celebrate the event, any ideas?
  • Do w know a rough ball park figure of how much this trip will cost???

I think some of my student loan could be used ;)(If I have no exams around that time.
  • I can book tickets now there and back for £29!!! tues to tues. This frees up budget for the rest of it.

You can count me in! Spoke to parents. There contributing a bit to it as its my first gp and my (very early) birthday present!!

What are the numbers at this time???
  • I can book tickets now there and back for £29!!! tues to tues. This frees up budget for the rest of it.

You can count me in! Spoke to parents. There contributing a bit to it as its my first gp and my (very early) birthday present!!

What are the numbers at this time???
  • I can book tickets now there and back for £29!!! tues to tues.
    Bastard! It is going to cost me $700 US plus and that is coach.
  • coach???? Oh economy. are you going to fly scheduled or chartered???

and thats not the cheapest ;);) on rugby tour last year we went to Rimini (just south on the coast of Faenza), and we flew into Forli. We got our flights for £1.50 each way with £8 airport taxes.

Oh for a cross Atlantic budget carrier to start!!
    :D:D

[Edited on 30/12/2004 by Ste]
  • [quote]I can book tickets now there and back for £29!!! tues to tues.
    Bastard! It is going to cost me $700 US plus and that is coach. [/quote]Ha! An Air Korea propellor-driven, multi stopover economy flight would cost me $1200.

One-way.
  • Clown, our best hope is for Richard Branson to come through. I here he's looking at starting cheap Virgin flights between here and Europe, or something along those lines. :D:D
  • There are limits OZ.

Cheap one, or two hour flights are fine, but when you're trapped for 24 hours on the flight to Europe, you need the amenities.