Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

NEW QUALIFYING FORMAT

Personally I want 60minutes, 12 flyings laps. Don't you?

Bernie just doesn't get it

please read

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=25216

Comments

• Personally I want 60minutes, 12 flyings laps. Don't you?

Bernie just doesn't get it

please read

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=25216
    go and vote here!!!

http://www.formula1.com/news/3312.html
  • 12 laps in 60 minutes is shit and I'm happy it's a thing of the past!

• I want to see old qualification back too. I wan't to see who really is the fastest driver on the track with fresh tires and low fuel.

Race fuel on board sucks because you guess who is on light fuel and in the race they slow down faster cars and ruin their race (mainly BAR and Toyo).
  • in the race they slow down faster cars and ruin their race (mainly BAR and Toyo).
    Well, that's rather the point, isn't it? With the old format, the fastest cars nearly always came out on top. After the start, they quickly vanished into the horizon. The gaps grew wide and the depressed commentators would do their best to hide the lack of passing and one-on-one fighting on the track.

Even now, there's not a lot of passing going on. Don't vote to make the races even more boring than they are..
  • 12 laps in an hour would make for a great show now that there are more than 2 cars in the running for pole. The only reason it was dumped was to keep Michael from just walking away, since that is no longer the case bring it back. If you HAVE to for coverage sake, tier the field, the slowest 1/3rd goes out first, 2nd next with the last group in a shootout at the end. 12 laps, 1 hour, fastest to slowest on lower fuel. They'd probably do 2 stints of 6 laps as each group would have 20 minutes to get thier laps in. Traffic wouldn't be the issue it was in the past at the end of the session and the fast runners would be rewarded with a cleaner track, reverse it, with the fast runners out first if you want to handicap the field, but not so much as to ruin their race.
  • Well, that's rather the point, isn't it? With the old format, the fastest cars nearly always came out on top. After the start, they quickly vanished into the horizon. The gaps grew wide and the depressed commentators would do their best to hide the lack of passing and one-on-one fighting on the track.

Even now, there's not a lot of passing going on. Don't vote to make the races even more boring than they are..
    Yeah but at the moment Cars are being held up due to the Aero rules. Not really that much fun. Frustrating more than anything.

But I think that at the moment each car doing one fast lap is boring as hell. Get a few cars of the track. 5 cars on track at once would be great. Top 5 from the previous race out first for 15mins, then 6th to 10th. It would be great. That would be exciting. It used to be great to see the director flipping from Camera to camera at the end of the session to get a glimpse of a fast lap. Plus there was always the rain factor, which always mixed things up. If it was due to rain then people would go out early.

By the way. When was the last wet race?
  • in the race they slow down faster cars and ruin their race (mainly BAR and Toyo).
    I don't like the "slow down faster cars" bit here. There is an old rule in motor racing: If you can overtake, do so, if not stay behind the car in front of you and stfu :hehe: