Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Did Anybody Know We Had A Test Today?

Well, we did.

Here is the PR:

CAMPAGNANO DI ROMA, ITALY, July 15, 2005 – The Minardi F1 Team today completed a productive one-day test at the Vallelunga Circuit, near Rome. Driving duties were handled by official test driver, Chanoch Nissany, who successfully completed over 300 km of running in Minardi Cosworth chassis PS05/03. The purpose of the test was to carry out a systems check on the team’s spare chassis, and to assess new components and software ahead of the German and Hungarian Grands Prix. Minardi personnel also took the opportunity to carry out pit-stop practice during the afternoon session.

CHANOCH NISSANY Best lap: 1 min 07.624 secs Total laps: 93
“It was a challenging day because the temperature and humidity levels were very high. Even so, we did some long runs in the course of the two sessions, and I’m pleased to have had the opportunity of driving the latest Minardi Cosworth PS05 for the first time. Initial impressions were that the chassis balance was good and the car was comfortable over the curbs. I’m happy with the job we’ve done today.”

MASSIMO RIVOLA, Sporting Director and Team Manager
“The team is satisfied with today’s test in Vallelunga. Considering the track is quite technical and that Chanoch has not driven a Formula One car here before, his performance was good, especially considering fuel loads were quite high, as we were carrying out a number of race simulation runs. We were also extremely impressed with his physical condition, as he dealt easily with the ambient temperature, which was over 40 deg C for much of the day. It’s clear he is absolutely committed when it comes to the job he is doing for the team. He also provided useful feedback for the engineers, which will be taken into account during our preparations for the upcoming races.”
- Ends -

Minardi Testing Details
Weather: Sunny and hot throughout the day
Air temperature: 37-41 deg C Total number of testing days used this season: 4
Track temperature: 42-60 deg C Total team testing distance covered this season: 1659.1 km

Driver: Chanoch Nissany (IS)
Chassis allocation: PS05/03
Distance covered: 301.3 km

Comments

• Nice... must have been a last minute kind of thing. I heard nothing of it. :(

I <3 hearing the phrase "new components and software".

I'll go ahead and take a guess that we're shaking down the third car because we plan on using it.
  • But why was Nissany testing the car?

Ah, right, Money talks, that rules Pat out.....
  • so nissany can test the PS05 now?
  • so nissany can test the PS05 now?
    Yeah, but only alone, never together with Christijan^^
  • ...300 km? ... Frisy out...

how many km are request for the superlicence?

:o

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • A shakedown of the third chassis; maybe there will be third minardi at GP from now on.

• NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Hahahaha. Methinks Chanoch found some money to pay for a test. At least I hope that's it.
  • Nissany surely could not get enough money for a race seat at Minardi, has to be just testing it for the new third driver, for the Turkish GP. At most he will Friday test for Germany and Hungary then turn it over to the Turkish driver. From then on maybe Kiesa, Friesacher, anyone elses guess.
  • baumgartner?
  • Massimo seemed quite impressed with the info he passed back.

Little bit suspicious though. He's never drove the car, so obviously you wouldn't chuck him straight into a grand prix weekend. So give him a test.

Obvious Pat is not going to be racinf regardless. So if no one comes up with the full amount needed then obviously they're going to get someone to just drive it for the weekend.

10 seconds slower over a minute track than either the Ferrari's in winter or the Williams in May. That's pretty awful considering he drove 93 laps. High fuel loads or not.

I predict Nissany will be driving the next race. Maybe they will make him take the Jordans out leaving a clear path for Albers. ;)
  • to be fair most of the feedback will come from the telementry which gets sent bk, i thing the only problem we have is using the data effectively, 93 laps sounds acceptable to me, and accordin to f1 racing it costs an f1 team 3000 DOLLARS per lap so thats bout 1600 english pounds so me thinks nissany or stoddard lumped up bout 200.000 english pounds for this test

any thoughts
  • $3,000 would have to be an average figure. The costs of a test come from moving equiptment/personnel, engines and then the cost of rebuilding the car after the test. None of those increase in cost as you do more laps.
  • I predict Nissany will be driving the next race
    Oh my God, I really hope your prediction will be false.
    Nissany hasn't got the skills to drive a F1 car, he is just an avarge car driver, not a race driver.

I feel so depressed about this situation, because we have to put guys like Nissany to our car to get some money. I feel like we are just cheap b****es :(

btw i haven't got personal problem with Nissany, i speake about this hole situation

btw2 a test is alway good *thumb up*
  • Hmm methinks willie12masters might be right...

300km means he obtains his superlicence, and on top of that he practiced pitstops...look out Christian! :o :(
  • Mhm....

I'll be at Hockenheim....

Nissany is a veeeeeeeeery slow driver.....

A slow car is easier to phtograph than a fast one....

I'm happy :D

Nah, serieusly: Everyone but Nissany! This would be ridiculous !
  • Hmm methinks willie12masters might be right...

300km means he obtains his superlicence, and on top of that he practiced pitstops...look out Christian! :o :(
    He had 300km long ago...
  • They were giving him a quick run before his triumphant racing debut.
  • Seriously, this is where I ewish Paul put his hand in his pocket and sponsored a young charger instead of someone my dad's age to race in the car. 3rd driver I'd be fine with, but racing......I hope not, although massimo was giving him a bit of a wrap.
  • :o
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • To be 3rd driver you also need a superlicense.
    So.......
  • He CANNOT drive at a GP.

Also, can we desist from calling his fun days out 'tests'.
  • Mmmm, error. Sorry....

I saw this picture of Albers' latest test for the Nuon Nuna, the Dutch entry (Deldt University) for the solar race in Autralia, which they won in 2001 and 2003 (apparently)

• By the way, it occurs to me that if I was one of Chris's sponsors I would be a little annoyed on his behalf that he's not getting a chance to test the car properly.