Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

KIESA SIGNS FOR JORDAN?

ITV F1

Former Danish Minardi driver Nicolas Kiesa will return to Formula 1 for Jordan in this weekend's German Grand Prix.

Kiesa will replace Robert Doornbos as the team's test and reserve driver and will run throughout Friday's free practice sessions.

"I am very excited about the opportunity to drive for Jordan Grand Prix," said Kiesa.

"I want to do a good job for the team and help them with their preparation and data gathering. I am really looking forward to this experience and I cannot wait to drive the car on Friday in Hockenheim."

The Dane drove five races for Minardi in 2003 and made his debut in the German Grand Prix at Hockenheim.

Dutchman Doornbos was confirmed earlier this week as Patrick Friesacher's replacement in the Minardi team after the Austrian's funds dried up.

Jordan's sporting director Adrian Burgess believes the Dane will bring valuable experience to the team.

"We welcome Nicolas Kiesa in the team," he said.

"Nicolas will bring some good experience and another viewpoint on everything we are trying to do and this can only help Narain [Karthikeyan] and Tiago [Monteiro].

"Nicolas has also some previous experience around this circuit, which should help him acclimatise to his new environment."

Should be a laugh

Comments

• where's dutch-italian pastorelli? does he remain test driver....? strange they didn't took him
  • I don't get it. He has enough money for Jordan but not for Minardi? How expensive is our third seat? Or can drivers not see the value in it?

It's like having a apartment that isn't rented. I'd rather have someone in the seat paying us a little money than no driver paying us nothing. We need all the miles we can get in the new car.
  • I'd rather have someone who can pinpoint inadequacies in the chassis.

and no matter who they are, money shouldn't be a problem, either driver or designer!
  • I'd rather have someone who can pinpoint inadequacies in the chassis.
    You must be talking about Nissany........:P
  • [quote]I'd rather have someone who can pinpoint inadequacies in the chassis.
    You must be talking about Nissany........:P [/quote]

He points out the inadequacies in the crash structure.
  • Kiesa will drive the 3rd Jordan in Budapest as well !!!