Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Hockheim 2005 German Grand Prix

Comments

• No. now the STOP is disappeared:rolleyes:
  • Yeah, i saw it. Pretty strange... but now the season is over. Our boys finished on 17(CA) and 18(RD), ahead of the jordan-duo.

Great performance, I can wait for the qualy to begin!! :hehe:
  • What fuel are we using: RedBull ?????
    We are flying!!!
    Only 1,2 sec behind the fastest BStone runner (M$)
  • We beat Jordan in qualifiying, again.
    Christijan over a full second ahead of Tiago.

Good stuff.
  • Well done Minardi!

It's time to beat the Jordans on Sunday. :angel:
  • Great Job Minardi boys, the Dutch formula is working!
    But i have seen that Doornbos is not driving under the dutch flag?
    Christijan was again flying with the Minardi, over a second ahead of Monteiro:hehe:, and Doornbos did a solid preformance for his first time!!!!
  • It could be that Doornbos is driving under the flag of Monaco or Italy. He's done that before.

I didn't notice though.
  • He is driving under the flag of Monaco
  • very good, I'd say, 1,2 sec slower than a TOIT, ahead of jordans, we can't do any better:D
  • German G.P. - Qualifying

THE FLYING DUTCHMEN

HOCKENHEIM, GERMANY, July 23, 2005

The Minardi F1 Team’s all-Dutch driver line-up of Christijan Albers and Robert Doornbos today continued their strong run of form at the Hockenheimring, scene of Sunday’s German Grand Prix. Albers put in another strong performance, his lap of 1 min 17. 519 secs securing 16th place on the grid, while new team mate, Doornbos, produced a controlled and pacey drive in his first experience of a Formula One qualifying session to take the 17th position. Saturday morning’s two Free Practice sessions also gave a clear indication of the Faenza squad’s improved form, the fastest lap time recorded representing an improvement of nearly one and a half seconds compared with the team’s best at Hockenheim last year.

CHRISTIJAN ALBERS
    Position: 16
    Time: 1 min 17.519 secs Chassis: PS05/01
    “I think I did a reasonable lap in qualifying and produced a good time, so I’m quite happy with today’s performance. We will see how we go tomorrow, but I think we have a reasonable set-up for the race”.

ROBERT DOORNBOS
    Position: 17
    Time: 1 min 18.313 secs Chassis: PS05/02
    “It was easy to wake up this morning, knowing that I would be driving today. The qualifying was pretty exciting, like the first day at school. I was a bit nervous about trying to make a clean lap, but it went fine, and now I’m very interested to see how our strategy works tomorrow. I’m looking forward to my first race in Formula One, and will be putting 100 per cent effort into doing a good job, both for the team and for myself. It’s going to be another exciting adventure”.

PAUL STODDART, Team Principal, Minardi Cosworth

“Today saw both Minardi drivers put in stunning efforts with substantial fuel loads to record 16th and 17th places on the grid for tomorrow’s German Grand Prix. Both drivers were on the pace throughout the morning sessions, and as a result of the technical improvements from the team, the Minardi Cosworth PS05 is showing continued progress race on race. We now look forward to tomorrow”.
  • Albers not being in the second to last or last row is very Alonsoesque!

Big problem is that I am leaving for two weeks in the mountains. No TV only the internet. Luckily I will have tapes sent in but the delay is going to kill me!
  • i hope we have a good start tomorrow - we always fuck up at the start.
  • I havent seen a good enough pic to discern Doornbos's flag on the car, but he has the Dutch flag on his race suit.

Good to see Doornbos ahead of Karthikeyan after that "not the fastest" comment. Good qualifying overall from both drivers considering Stoddart said they are heavy with fuel.

I too hope we don't **** up the start, or at least not as bad as it has been to date.
  • A good qualifying effort, now i hope we show more consistency in the race to beat the Jordans, if we do it shows that testing helps!!
  • Pretty happy!!
  • Very strange race. In the beginning of the race Christian was able to make about 10 seconds gap to the Jordans, but whereas the other cars were becoming faster when they used their fuel, our cars were becoming slower and slower. We even had more fuel than the Jordans and should have been able to beat them, if our car did not become slower and slower as the race proceeded. I wonder if this has to do with tyres. :rolleyes:
  • At last we have beaten the yellow cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D
  • Well, we beat them all right. But still, why is our car losing speed when it becomes lighter, not gaining it?

Got to congratulate the team about our stragy, though. The two stopd did it!
  • I liked Kartikeyan though - he was like a "dancing" queen!:)
  • Great work by Albers. At the rate he's going, I wouldn't be surprised if he'd be around in 2006. In addition to Minardi, there will probably be a number of other open positions. Minardi was faster than the Jordans, not even MattR could argue otherwise after this race!

Things look good for us until the end of the season, as the arrival of the EJ15B is very much in doubt. Don't know if the car would be any good, but their finances seem to be nicely delaying the introduction of the machine.

Not much of a showing from Doorknobs, but it's his first race, so it's hardly surprising. He has until end of the season.. Monteiro messed up big time, I wonder what kind of a penalty he'll get for it.

I have to eat some humble pie, as I predicted early on that Friesacher would eat Albers for breakfast. Well, at least I was right in my prediction that... hmm.. wait a minute.. well, I was right about something, I guess.
  • By the way, what is up with our mechanics? Doorknobs was refuelled and a tire changed at the same time - they ought to know better than that. Was it a no-alternatives situation, no fuel left and a busted tyre?

In addition, when Knobs came in for the 10 second stop, the lollipop guy started raising the lollipop, then attempted to lower it again (?!?) and pulled it up as Doorknobs was about to crash into it. What the heck was that about?

And then there were the recent infamous valve caps, which better be the fault of a Bridgestone guy, because otherwise some guys need a bit of talking to.
  • This is great.. GREAT!!!! We did it finally.. and I really think we could do it again.

By the way... very bad our mechanics... that kind of errors is just for rookies!! :spank:
  • albers=ace

he did very well, take that Jordan:hehe:!

doornbos also did very well given his problems he nearly got monteiro

i enjoy watching dutch coverage these days as all the time they talk about minardi.
  • WE ARE BACK (bravo RJ)

:D:D:D

Aren't you all happy?
    Can't you see this is our best race in the past 2 years?!?!
    Albers finished ahead of the 2 jordans and Villeneuve!!
    He's been ahead of the yellows during all the race, he beated the jordans in qualif with a car much heavier, WE RACED TODAY!!!!!

This is Minardi, this is racing, this must be the beginning of a new era.

Bravo Chrjstian, bravi Faenza people!!!
  • Great race!!! Lot's of action and of course Bravo Chris and also by Rob (who had a damaged diffuser due to JV's action).

Villeneuve: retire !!!!!!!!!!
    TOIT: be more gentle on your tyres !!!!
    Kimi: have a word with Ron and Norbert!!!

Minardi: again!!!!!!!!!! Why do we always fuck up the pitstops?????
    MY GOD! How difficult can it be????

BTW, Dutch TV interviewed PS and one interesting bit came up:
    TVguy: Paul, the cars gets faster and you have high topspeeds. The high topspeed means you can put more downforce on the car.
    PS: we are developing slowly. But we don't have the big budget.
    The engine is great and we will use it next year. This season is us testing and developing the car for next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To The Driver: the Bstone guy didn't put on the valve caps, because the lollypopman sent the car away too early !!!!!
  • Forza Christijan Albers, what a hero:D
    He have lapped Monteiro and Kartikeyan haha!!
    Oke they had some problems but by their own faults.
    Christijan has finished in 2 laps of the leader, Stoddart was very very happy over the boardradio, he said to Christijan that he was very proud of him!
    Robert Doornbos unlucky for his first race but he did very well!
    He drove constant laptimes threw the race and learn some good lessons today!
    Villeneuve was angry at Doornbos on dutch television, he said that Robert did some serious dangerous braking manouvre, this things you do in Formula Ford he said, i didn't see what happend before Villeneuve crashed into Robert, anyway this things happend when you are Rookie.

Great affort from the Minardi guys, i am a very proud fan today:hehe:
  • Congrats all - but I have to wait until one of my people send a tape to me.

grrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • We actually had someone beat on pace - at last. And the Hungaroring should be even better. Both drivers showing some determination under tough circumstances.

As for the Doornbos Villeneuve incident, well these things happen - when you're a desperate has been.
  • Well, we beat them all right. But still, why is our car losing speed when it becomes lighter, not gaining it?

Got to congratulate the team about our stragy, though. The two stopd did it!
    It's probably because our drivers are too busy moving out of the way for the front runners.
  • Yes, I guess jello's right

shame for the mistake at the pit (they refueled and changed tyres at the same time), that was the only spot on a great weekend.