Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

2 new qual formats - YOU DECIDE!

from www.formula1.com

The Formula1 teams have come up with ideas for possible 2006 qualifying formats. We would like your feedback on two particular suggestions. Check out the key points of each below.

Proposal 1:

- 60 minute session split into two 25 mins "halves" with a 10 minute break/
- Drivers may run as many laps as they wish, but must set a time in each half.
- Each drivers best time from the first half is added to his best time from the second halfto produce a final time to determine the grid.
- No fuel restrictions - cars may refuel during and after the session.

Proposal 2:

- 60 minute session
- After 15 mins, the 5 slowest cars must retire from the session and will quaify 16th to 20th on the grid.
- After a further 15 mins, the 5 cars slowest during that period (times cannot be carried over from the first 15 mins) must also retire from the session. They will qualify 11th to 15th on the grid
- For the final 30 mins the remaining 10 cars will compete for 1st to 10th place on the grid, based on the best times set in that period (times cannot be carried over from the first 30 mins)
- Drivers may run as many laps as they wish in each period.
- No fuel restrictions - cars may refuel during and after the session.

Discuss

Comments

• wow, you're so up to date!:rolleyes:
  • shut the fuck up you sarcastic dick

I work nights, i don't get the chance to use the net that much, i saw that on F1.com, and noticed noone had posted on here about it.

Bite me, delete the thread, see if i care

:rolleyes:
  • Girls!
  • Option 2. Puts the emphasis back on performance. Reminds me a bit of the old prequalifying days, where the least competitive would be bumped off the grid. I'm willing to bet that Stoddart won't sign up to this option because of the above reason. Really the team have to look towards spectator entertainment. The follow my leader nonsense we have had to endure has had its day.