Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Minardi Goes Back to School

This is really cool - fresh from Faenza. We need to get a copy of this kids thesis or whatever they call it over there.

MINARDI TEAM GOES BACK TO SCHOOL

FAENZA, ITALY, December 14, 2004 – Three senior members of Minardi staff went back to school this past Saturday, not to continue their studies, but to deliver an enthusiastically received lecture to students of the Economics Faculty at Milan’s prestigious Bocconi University.

Team founder, Gian Carlo Minardi, Financial Director, Stefano Sangiorgi, and Technical Director, Gabriele Tredozi, willingly gave up part of their weekend after student, Andrea Bonesi, whose final degree thesis concerns the organisation of the Minardi Team, and his professor, Sr. Delmestri, asked if members of staff would be willing to speak to the Faculty’s students on the various aspects of Formula One team organisation. 

Gian Carlo Minardi opened the lecture by talking about the history of the team he launched in 1979, and going on to describe the current Sporting organisation.  Stefano Sangiorgi then took over the lectern to explain in detail about the financial and commercial aspects of managing a Formula One team, while Gabriele Tredozi concluded by dealing with the technical issues, the trio thus providing a thorough overview of the business of running a motor racing team at the very highest level.

To provide the Bocconi University students with some “hands-on” experience of F1, the team also provided one of its show cars in order for them to carry out a series of practice pit stops.  Such was the reception given to the lecture, and its perceived value for the students, the Economics Faculty now plans to print and distribute the complete transcript to other universities as useful course material.

“This turned out to be a really special day for the Team,” comments Gian Carlo Minardi.  “It was wonderful to be able to speak to a group of enthusiastic, clearly motivated students about how an organisation like ours operates, and hopefully, to impart some of the personal passion that helps to keep Minardi moving forward.  It was a very rewarding experience, and I truly believe the team members present took away as much from this event as it appears the students did.  We are both pleased, and gratified, that the Faculty of Economics feels the material we presented is of sufficient value to make it worthy of circulation to a wider audience.”

- Ends -

Comments

• now guess who got himself a job in Faenza:P
  • When are you going to apply RJ?
  • they don't want me so I won't apply:hehe:
  • Once your schooling is done the first resume' I'd send out would be postmarked to Faenza.
  • Does this place also have an engineering faculty??

Might be some future talent loitering around the place that would like to get into F1.
  • I've been saying this for a long time..........grass roots, not only on the drivers front, but on the mechanical side. It need'nt cost a lot of money and it would inject the possibility of innovation and new ideas........It would be a win-win situation.
  • Team founder, Gian Carlo Minardi, Financial Director, Stefano Sangiorgi, and Technical Director, Gabriele Tredozi, willingly gave up part of their weekend after student, Andrea Bonesi, whose final degree thesis concerns the organisation of the Minardi Team.
    Sounds like they have been doing it for a while already.

Also GCM has been in the news a lot more recently maybe he has a more active role in the team than we think.
  • The 2005 marketing materials list Gian Carlo as "Director General", rather than the usual "Director of Driver Development".
  • 'bout f'n time.
  • Once your schooling is done the first resume' I'd send out would be postmarked to Faenza.
    to do what? i'm not an engineer, overqualified to serve food in the motorhome and good old Graham is still looking quite sturdy so he won't retire for the foreseeable future
    The 2005 marketing materials list Gian Carlo as "Director General", rather than the usual "Director of Driver Development".
    and where did you get that from, you see they don't even send me 2005 marketing material let alone employ me:rolleyes:
  • what's your email address?
  • minardi(at)aon.at (as should be well known by now)
  • I'm hoping to study computer systems next year in uni. Then after I've done the course a future with minardi might beckon.
  • ^ Forget the computers, if you want to work for Minardi, learn to fix typewriters ;)
  • Or learn how to make really, really GOOD coffee !!!!:cool:
  • Hey jello, can you email me that shit?

peterh@midcoast.com.au