Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Albers almost certain of Minardi seat

According to F1Racing Albers to Minardi is a done deal: http://www.f1racing.nl/nl/news.php?newsID=71900

Without the backing of Trust but with a terrible management and lots of blabla :spank:

Comments

• according to his own Web site he will be testing CART next week
  • Mhm... I bet against a friend on Baumgartner/Albers/Friesacher.... :D
  • It only appears to be on the Dutch site.
  • It's strange, there are almost no rumors about the drivers for 2005, I can't find any news speculations on any webistes.

Am i wrong or did GCM said that Zsolt will be confirmed till the end of this year?
  • This is interesting though. It says that IF Albers will come, he will come without Trust.

Good news afterall...

(looks like Trust didn't screw Verstappen, Verstappen screwed Trust, they're stuck to him until 2006!)
  • I've grown quite fond of the Dutch :P
  • It seems that Albers already signed a pre-contract with Minardi just like Baumgartner and Kiesa but Albers is the first one who has the asked budget with sponsors as JVC and Telfort.

The announcement should take part in the next 2 weeks.

source: http://www.f1today.nl/index.php?locatie=nieuwslezen&nieuwsid=1774

• Why is he testing a Champ Car if he's got an F1 drive?
  • The Champ Car test was probably already arranged.
  • Why is he testing a Champ Car if he's got an F1 drive?
    For fun ???
  • I'm pretty sure it's paid though. TDWC is on the sidepods and rear wing and JVC is on the front wing etc.
  • From DonWeb:
    CHRISTIJAN TO TEST CHAMP CAR FOR WALKER RACING!

Next Wednesday, Christijan Albers will make his Champ Car debut in the 2004 Reynard-Cosworth from Walker Racing at the Sebring International Raceway. With his one-day test at the 3.7 mile long circuit in Florida, Christijan accepts the invitation of teamowner Derrick Walker who has been impressed by the Dutchman's perfomances in the last couple of years.

The veteran team has successfully campaigned several drivers early in their careers, including Scott Goodyear, Robby Gordon, Christian Fittipaldi and Gil de Ferran. Walker Racing owns ten pole positions and four Champ Car victories with Scott Goodyear capturing the team's first win at Michigan in 1992.

Christijan Albers: "I really didn't have to think twice before accepting Derrick Walker's offer to test one of his cars. In order to be fully prepared for next Wednesday, I already travelled to the U.S.A. last Friday for the seatfit and all other activities. I think I've been handed an unique opportunity to get acquainted with this Series and therefore I'll give it my best shot on Wednesday!"
    BTW: Reynard chassis = Crap.
    Although Walker is supposed to be running Lola's next year....
  • Holy hell theres a team still using Reynards?:rolleyes:
  • Only Walker Racing, but they only ran 1 car all season except a couple of the last rounds when they ran pay drivers in a 2nd Reynard.

The problem is, Lola don't make new Champ Car chassis anymore, and teams that sold out to Yoda and Fonda to run in the Earl won't sell the chassis to Champ Car teams that need them, even though they don't want, nor need them :spank:
    And you wonder why we hate the traitorous teams ......:spank:

[Edited on 15/12/2004 by Clown]
  • Hate is such a strong word.
  • Hate is such a strong word.
    Hate leads to anger, which leads to the dark side !!!!
  • (looks like Trust didn't screw Verstappen, Verstappen screwed Trust, they're stuck to him until 2006!)
    What? You mean that famous contract which says that Trust can't sponsor anyone else till 2006?
    How can it really exist if Trust sponsored Albers in DTM and Jordan this year...
    ???
  • The problem is, Lola don't make new Champ Car chassis anymore,
    You sure?
    i thought they were just *that* much cheaper to buy 2nd hand...
    Hate is such a strong word.
    But not strong enough.
    if you could combine despise, scorn, deride, spurn and loathe into one word, then you'd be getting close... :P
  • if you could combine despise, scorn, deride, spurn and loathe into one word =TOIT
  • You sure?
    i thought they were just *that* much cheaper to buy 2nd hand...
    Chicken or the egg....
  • [quote](looks like Trust didn't screw Verstappen, Verstappen screwed Trust, they're stuck to him until 2006!)
    What? You mean that famous contract which says that Trust can't sponsor anyone else till 2006?
    How can it really exist if Trust sponsored Albers in DTM and Jordan this year...
    ??? [/quote]

They can't sponsor anyone else in a FIA championship!!!
    Maybe DTM isn't a FIA championship !!?!? (I don't know).

And they sponsored Jordan, because the Verstappen managment allowed them to do it!!!
  • personally i think albers will join jordan but then again what do i know
  • Where's the JVC logos on that car.

Faenza take note, NO WHITE SIDEPODS. Yes I know I'm yelling but it's a long way from Canberra to Faenza.
  • The blac/white/red sucks. Bring back the black/white and yellow!
  • Where's the JVC logos on that car.
    Front wing and on the tub directly in front of the driver.

and Clown's all-black livery is teh sexor.
    Did anyone send it to Faenza to show how good the car should have looked?
  • I think it was planned, whenever he finished it. He never told us when he did that though.